What happened to Resident Life on TLC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoCookiess

Hater of Biochemistry
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe I've been in a hole for awhile or something, but I live for Resident Life on Mondays, and not only is it on on tvguide.com, but I can't even find it on the show listing on the Discovery/TLC website!

Has it been cancelled or moved to another station? If anyone knows, go ahead and PM me, or IM me at mocookies

Members don't see this ad.

The past 2 weeks i have caught it at midnight on monday

Members don't see this ad :)
Not like it's EXACTLY relevant to anything you're talking about, but I was eating at this restaurant here at Vanderbilt in town, and in walked Dr. Jason Shipman (the general surgeon with the glasses). He had the scrubs and white coat on and everything. It was great. I told him I was pre-med and watch the show all the time, and he actually gave me some great advice. He's a really nice guy all around, and he looks EXACTLY like he does on TV. It was cool.

That is awesome u ran into a resident on the show. I wish I could meet one of th em, they are like celeberties to me. But about the show, it seems that the series is over. Hopefully they will have another series because i will definetly watch it.

anyone know what happened to the pediatrician resident on houston medical who had the blastoma?

*edit*

nevermind imdb.com has that she passed in august 2002...that's sad...but that type of cancer is almost always fatal:(

TLC decided that we need to learn more about cleaning up and decorating :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SoulRFlare
TLC decided that we need to learn more about cleaning up and decorating :rolleyes:

ARGGG!!! LMAO!

All my girlfriend does is watch those shows....I swear...they have to be running out of ideas...

i didn't know ResLife has gone until today. i normally have class on mondays until 10 pm, so i miss that and Trauma, but i was all excited cause i had no classes today, and it wasn't on. +pissed+

ok cause i turned to it, and was like not another while u were out :rolleyes: seems like TLC is havin a freakin marathon and even though i used to be a big fan, all that decoratin crap is gettin annoyin.

Originally posted by tautomer
Not like it's EXACTLY relevant to anything you're talking about, but I was eating at this restaurant here at Vanderbilt in town, and in walked Dr. Jason Shipman (the general surgeon with the glasses). He had the scrubs and white coat on and everything. It was great. I told him I was pre-med and watch the show all the time, and he actually gave me some great advice. He's a really nice guy all around, and he looks EXACTLY like he does on TV. It was cool.

Glad to know the show has some other devotees besides me. As a side note, Shipman's my favorite on that show. I actually had a dream that he was my attending. Yeah, I know... I'm a weirdo. :D

Members don't see this ad :)

LOL! So true. Every freaking time I turn on TLC, Trading Spaces or While You Were Out is on and it pisses me off! I can't stand that crappy "Trading Spaces" theme music!!! AND WHOEVER THE WRITERS ARE FOR THOSE SHOWS SUCK AND NEED TO BE FIRED:

"While Margo's in the den designing the daring desk for Dan, Stan's busy snipping away at the seams of Sally's stupendious sundried saddleback seat."

ARGHAHAHRARHH!!!!! +pissed+ I can't stand anymore cheesy alliteration!!!!!

all that alluring alliteration is always amazing!

ps: yeah tlc really went down the drain. what is it we're learning again? stupid america ;)

I am with you all on this. I am sick of all the decorating and cooking shows. Heck, I would rather watch the American Chopper yell at each other and build motorcycles than the same ole ferry's docorating another room.

It seems like you can never catch a resident's episode anymore, and if you do it is a rerun. I also would rather see resident's than all the shows about Baby's and giving birth. At least residents mixed it up.

Just my opinion.

according to tlc.com, there are no trauma or resident life this month!! why??? watching people decorate is not helping me learn!!!!

Originally posted by efex101
Peds resident on Houston Medical passed away...

Oh man, I have been watching that show for a while now. Where did you get your info? Watching brain cancer take effect on a patient let alone a resident is just a hard thing.

Originally posted by musiclink213
i didn't know ResLife has gone until today. i normally have class on mondays until 10 pm, so i miss that and Trauma, but i was all excited cause i had no classes today, and it wasn't on. +pissed+

You might have to sign up for e-mail notification when the show is on. I was having trouble finding it out too. Now I get an e-mail notification when it comes on.

Did anyone see the one with Sunni Smith, first year resident?

Look on the bright side, at least you get to see Page Thomas. She's HOT!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tautomer
LOL! So true. Every freaking time I turn on TLC, Trading Spaces or While You Were Out is on and it pisses me off! I can't stand that crappy "Trading Spaces" theme music!!! AND WHOEVER THE WRITERS ARE FOR THOSE SHOWS SUCK AND NEED TO BE FIRED:

"While Margo's in the den designing the daring desk for Dan, Stan's busy snipping away at the seams of Sally's stupendious sundried saddleback seat."

ARGHAHAHRARHH!!!!! +pissed+ I can't stand anymore cheesy alliteration!!!!!

Thank God somebody else agrees with me about TLC's stupid home shows! If I have to see one more decorating show i'm going to scream! BRING BACK RESIDENT LIFE!

Does anyone watch the discovery health channels residents? That one takes place at UCLA santa monica. It is pretty good.

Discovery health channels has all those shows...resident life, houston medical, the critical hour...etc, etc, etc

While on what happen too.Whatever happen to Emily in the diaries?Her posts were so interesting.

Originally posted by verbalassasin
Does anyone watch the discovery health channels residents? That one takes place at UCLA santa monica. It is pretty good.

no. i don't watch discovery health because i don't have discovery health. i get the health network, which used to show some doctor shows, but lately, all it shows is excersing people. i want discovery health so bad though. when i stayed at a friends house, she had it, and all i did was watch that channel.

it's an awesome channel...i watch it quite a bit on the weekends with shows like paramendics, the critical hour, resident life, houston medical...great channel

Originally posted by Amy B
Oh no!!!!!!! Was that the young burnett woman? I was really hoping she would get better. How very, very, very sad.:(

I went and answered my own question...she passed away right after the show aired originally on ABC. I believe the show aired in july 2002 and she died in late august 2002 in her second year of peds residency.

I did a google search on her name and her parents have set up a memorial fund called run for the roses in texas. Her name was Marnie Rose. I hope I spelled that right.

http://www.runfortherose.com/runfortherose_com/version1/

Originally posted by musiclink213
no. i don't watch discovery health because i don't have discovery health. i get the health network, which used to show some doctor shows, but lately, all it shows is excersing people. i want discovery health so bad though. when i stayed at a friends house, she had it, and all i did was watch that channel.

More and more, discovery health is just showing baby shows. nothing wrong with that...but when you have 8 straight hours of baby shows peppered with a few ambulance shows :rolleyes:
I always like seeing "OR: Behind the Mask" because it's a no frills operating show where you actually get to see everything the surgeon is doing and he/she explains every step. i don't remember if it's on the health network or discovery health--just that it's only on every few months (or so it seems)

Any of you folks watch Strong Medicine on Lifetime? I don't normally watch Lifetime except for this show. Its like a toned down version of ER, but equally gripping. I also like "The Residents" a little better than "Resident Life" - tends to focus more on the medical aspects of what residents deal with.

ANYONE WAITING FOR "KINGDOM HOSPITAL" AS EAGERLY AS I AM?????? I can't wait for this show to start!

I found where Resident Life ended up......Its been off of TLC now for about 2-3 weeks and today I saw that is is on at 10pm on Discovery Health.

I hope they do another season of it. I liked it a lot. I have to say I like it a little better than "The Residents" cause I feel they have a more up to date friendlier image with Resident Life.

At least its more medical shows and less baby shows on that channel......for today at least.

Originally posted by TripleDegree
ANYONE WAITING FOR "KINGDOM HOSPITAL" AS EAGERLY AS I AM?????? I can't wait for this show to start!

I am the biggest stephen king junkie this side of castle rock