Anyone watch discovery health?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byeh2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like Trauma life in the ER and Paramedics

theres this really interesting show called Plastic Surgery: 18 and Under

Members don't see this ad.

I *heart* discovery health channel.

I don't have cable at school, but when I'm home I live by that channel. I'm sure most of the people on SDN also do. There was actually some discussion about this recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I like watching the resident shows, like The Residents or First Days.

Trauma Life in the ER is a good, realistic alternative to watching "ER" on NBC.

Kazema said:
Yeah, I like watching the resident shows, like The Residents or First Days.

Yeah Residents rock! hey kaz, good to see that your still around!

wends said:
Yeah Residents rock! hey kaz, good to see that your still around!

I am omnipresent, though I'd much rather be omnipotent or omniscient. Alas.

I love Discovery Health. Unfortunately, my pocketbook does not. Goodbye, digital cable. Goodbye, worthwhile TV. Hello, food.

i just flipped past it and distinctly heard the word "orgasmatron." just checked and the show is called "electric orgasm." ratings, anyone?

dajimmers said:
I love Discovery Health. Unfortunately, my pocketbook does not. Goodbye, digital cable. Goodbye, worthwhile TV. Hello, food.
:laugh: :laugh:

I love discovery health channel too. I watch it on ocassion. I watch it late at night when they have surgeries that they are showing or also when they show the women giving birth. I should watch the resident shows. I actually shadowed residents when I was shadowing in the neuro clinic. They were fun to talk to.

i love discovery health channel. i love plastic surgery: before and after, the residents, and trauma life in the ER. I also like the shows they have on rare diseases too, i think the show is called extraordinary people?

I love discovery health. That is one of the only channels I ever watch. Keeps me excited about wanting to be a Dr. I watch whichever show is on, I like them all. I was a little creeped about one show that I turned off during dinner tonight about waking up in the middle of surgery due to anesthesiologists mistakes.

sometimes d-health have too much maternity programs :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
I love the plastic surgery shows, but more on a social/psychological perspective...How the doctors evaluated a "good patient" based more on tissue structure than mental stability, I wonder why they don't edit out the women who are still getting these procedures so their husbands can maintain sexual interest? :laugh:

Thanks my only problem with it. Kind of like how TLC has too much home and garden stuff on during the day.

byeh2004 said:

TLC sucks ass now, I remember when I actually learned in the learning channel... its too queer eye for the straight guy or extreme makeover home edition for me now

I watch it but most of the time they are talking about babies. They are great and all but I want to see more "Trauma: Life in the ER" then another mother poppin out a kid!! Dont forget the new show on wed night at 12 on Sex. It seems alright so far. Just another sex show about a Dr. that uses his first name. Dr.Dave or something.

Dont forget paramedics and Trauma replay everynight at 1am!

I love discovery health!! I remember I watched this show like 3 years ago about u of maryland med school. It showed what med students in each year had to go through. I thought it was very informative and it just made me want to go to medical school even more. :)

KRiv said:
I watch it but most of the time they are talking about babies. They are great and all but I want to see more "Trauma: Life in the ER" then another mother poppin out a kid!! Dont forget the new show on wed night at 12 on Sex. It seems alright so far. Just another sex show about a Dr. that uses his first name. Dr.Dave or something.

Dont forget paramedics and Trauma replay everynight at 1am!
Are you serious that you don't know who Dr. Drew is?
Ever heard of Loveline? He is one of the original talk sex docs.

myodana said:
i just flipped past it and distinctly heard the word "orgasmatron." just checked and the show is called "electric orgasm." ratings, anyone?

I saw that! It was really bizzard! :confused: Anyways, I prefer "special deliveries"

BrettBatchelor said:
Are you serious that you don't know who Dr. Drew is?
Ever heard of Loveline? He is one of the original talk sex docs.

No, I never have been into the sex advice things. I guess I'm not with it. I was kinda close tho :rolleyes:

Him and Adam Corrolla (sp?) are on the radio and they had a show on MTV. I don't listen for the advice...I listen for the laughs. They play this game called germany or florida where they tell an obscure story and they guess which place it happened. Good stuff.

byeh2004 said:

Yeah, I agree with that.

In any case, I'll be the 829789729373th SDNer to say that I :love: the Discovery Health channel.

byeh2004 said:

Yeah, they do show to many of those shows. I want to see stuff other than the birth and adoption stories. I like just about all the other shows though. Lifes Little Miracles is interesting, but it can be really sad though, since it deals with kids.

I must say.. Jen on Trauma right now is pretty hot.

I :love: discovery health channel too!! Anyone see the show on vanishing twins or the double identical twins ( :thumbdown: to IVF)?

Yeah, I saw the show on vanishing twins - made me wonder if my ovarian terratoma (removed at age 3 when it was growing so large it was literally killing me) was a vanished twin. I have the path report - there was teeth, hair, primitive neural tissue, bony structures, etc. present but not in any organized fashion. Interesting.

I also :love: Discovery Health. My parents joke that we only visit them so I can watch it :p. It's the only TV I ever watch (I'm not a big TV person).

Actually I've watched it for years, and learned quite a bit of medicine from it. Like yesterday, for example, my mother (a lawyer), who always tells me about any interesting medical things she sees, wrote me an email about a client who has epilepsy and "has sort of chest implant with a magnet that stops seizures." Well, thanks to Discovery Health, I knew it was a vagal nerve stimulator (anybody else see that show with the little blond epileptic boy who got this?)! And thanks to my obsessive reading whenever I learn something new, I knew all about it. And thanks to being around my husband studying gross anatomy, I knew that the vagus nerve is the 10th cranial nerve :p

Yeah, Discovery Health is the best :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh, and I have to agree that Trauma is the best show. The Residents is pretty awesome too. They used to have Children's Hospital shows, but I"m not sure if they still do. And all the ones about specific diseases or amazing stories or whatever. I also don't like all the birth shows; they get so boring.