Anybody using Red Bull this Sat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeyLime

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Caffine usually makes me really jittery if I have coffee or a can of Coke. However, I have been drinking Red Bull in the mornings before I start my practice tests, and it seems to really help me concentrate on the PS section. Maybe it is just a placebo effect, but I'll be drinking Sugar Free Red Bull this Sat.
Anybody else find it useful?

Members don't see this ad.

Stick with what you're used to. Red bull does make me a little jumpy. But a coke I figure is necessary for me to stay allert all day.

red bull makes me paranoid... WAY jumpy... but my system is used to no caffeine.. so i guess thats expected.. haha...

i was thinking of using red bull but it freaks me out to try something out of the norm during test day. i think i'll stick to heavy dose of coffee with little sugar.

..actually, i might save red bull for biological sciences, since i get sleepy around that time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't say that it tastes good... :laugh: I actually don't think that it tastes great, but it seems to give me MCAT wings so I'm drinking it.

I'm not a fan of caffeine. If I have any in a decent quantity, I have to pee a lot. Just think about how it is a diuretic.

I'm going with the Gatorade. Electrolytes = good since they prevent you from having to pee as often.

There are a number of different energy drink brands, why does everyone insist on using and/or naming Red Bull??

Just off the top at my local pharmacy store: Monster, Rockstar, Guru, Red Rain, Hype, Sobe Arush, Bawls, KMX, Lost, Coca Cola Full Throttle, etc.

They almost all have the same ingredients!

There are a number of different energy drink brands, why does everyone insist on using and/or naming Red Bull??

Red bull and the sobe ones are the only I've tasted that I could drink.

Don't forget the ones you can buy at the liquor store, Bud e, and that orange flavored thing by miller. Neither of which I'd advise for test day.

I usually never drink energy drinks, but I started just for MCAT practice tests when my TPR bio teacher suggested it. I was kind of sluggish and wasn't able to finish any of the sections. I'm not sure how much it helps my speed, but my concentration seems to be better. For now, I'm sticking with Red Bull instead of other brands. Maybe after the MCAT I'll try other brands...heck, maybe they will even be cheaper. $7 for 4 cans is a lot of cash :)

I drank half a can of Sobe before one of my Kaplan tests and I felt like I was going to puke. I think I'm going to forgo that on Saturday. But I will have my usual Pepsi during lunch. I'm finally able to stay awake during the bio section.

Me and caffeine do not mix. So I will avoid anything with caffeine in it, which is what I do now anyway. But if it works for you, and you like having that much caffeine in your system, go for it. Personally, just hte thought of that much caffeine makes me sick. I did a lab where I analyzed the amount of caffeine in different drinks, and Red Bull had an insane amount.

I too was concerned about enormous amounts of caffeine, but I read on Red Bull's website that it only has as much as a cup of coffee. Maybe they are considering one cup of coffee to be 32oz...who knows.

sweetstuff25 said:
i was thinking of using red bull but it freaks me out to try something out of the norm during test day. i think i'll stick to heavy dose of coffee with little sugar.

moi aussi. j'aime le latte. Yes, lattes barely contain any espresso these days, but that is what I shall start the day with. A little Starbuck's and off we go to MCAT land. I know for certain that I am going to have a salad and coffee *ewww, yummmeee* for lunch since the grilled chicken sandwich from Sonic totally drowsed me up last August....
:sleep: :sleep:

shantster said:
I'm not a fan of caffeine. If I have any in a decent quantity, I have to pee a lot. Just think about how it is a diuretic.

I'm going with the Gatorade. Electrolytes = good since they prevent you from having to pee as often.
gatorade=swollen, bloated mcater