06-06-2008, 04:45 PM
1. ER Volunteer 4hrs/week ~ 5 months
2. Mobile Clinic volunteer ~ 1 year (4 hours/week), but not every week
3. Clinical Research ~ 1 year (about 1-2 hours /week)
4. Shadow physician (30 hours)
5. Patient Escort (30 hours)
06-06-2008, 04:53 PM
I'd say it's about average or maybe a little below.
06-06-2008, 06:35 PM
It's not a major factor and won't hurt or help your app much (if at all). Hopefully, your VR scores will come up and that should solve most of your problems.
06-06-2008, 09:41 PM
As long as you're still continuing with those activities I'd say you're fine. What they really care about is commitment and that you're actually interested in medicine. You seem to have enough as of now, just keep up with it and by interview time you should have plenty to talk about.
06-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the responses !!
06-09-2008, 02:24 PM
i'd say its definitely good enough. not going to keep you out of any schools