06-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Alright...tough decision. Just got 5/10 mcat scores back...and am quite sad. I was consistently testing in the 33-35 realm on practice tests...but had a pretty bad test day...and bio broke me. I came out with 29O...10PS 10VR 9BS...
I'm a nontrad student w/undergrad GPA = 3.4 and post grad = 3.8...
will i benefit more from retaking (July dates are full, so it has to be August 5th), or getting the application in early as is??
Would love some advice!
06-10-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm not too sure about what the MN schools look for, but you should still apply. It's going to be tough, though, with a ugrad GPA of 3.4.
Apply to all the public schools in MN and maybe some private schools. Consider: RFUMS, MCW, Drexel, NYMC, Tulane, amongst others. I wouldn't apply to too many, since these schools receives thousands of apps (sometimes 10K+), but it's worth a shot.
06-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Don't get discouraged! Do you have amazing clinical experiences, perchance? Those would certainly help you get in!
06-11-2008, 12:12 PM
my clinical exp is pretty good...I've volunteered in an ED doing clinical research for over two years. I'm a nontrad student...and I'm pretty bummed out about the score.
I'm thinking I'll try to get the app in as soon as possible to increase my chances...and if it doesn't happen, retake the test and try again! sigh again...
06-11-2008, 01:05 PM
You should get some interviews as is. Just try to apply in a timely manner and target the schools where you have the best chance. Get those apps out first (ie: MN, etc.)
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Any chance of taking the MCAT in a different city in July. Spots could open up, too, before July. I would definitely keep an eye out. For instance, I am signed up for the July MCAT, but I am also on two waiting lists. If I find out I got in before my test date, I will be canceling! Even if you have to drive a few hours to take the test, it will be worth it to have your new scores in sooner! Good luck!