02-15-2012, 11:35 AM
I am new to this forum and I already did a search but most of the information I got on my question related to MD. I wanted to know if anyone got into an osteopathic medical school with foreign prerequisites.
I have mine evaluated by WES but I am still trying to meet the remaining prerequisites by taking classes at a community college here.
If its not possible, how many US credits of my prerequisites do I need before I can make an application. I want to apply this year and also want to apply early or latest by august. By that time I would have US credits of about 30.
Any response will be appreciate
02-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Hey! I am in the same boat! Yay! Josef Silny & Associates is evaluating my transcript this month. I will be applying to DO schools this upcoming cycle. I couldn't find an allopathic school that would accept a foreign pre-med unless it was listed on a US transcript (which it isn't, nor am I planning to transfer it). So, DO it is for me! I like the philosophy too! Let's keep in touch for moral support!
02-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Yay!...I thought i was never going to get a response. Did you contact any osteopathic school so far. I evaluated mine with WES...I just want to very sure that someone got interview or got admitted with foreign credentials...Currently I am not sure whether I should do my remaining prerequisites or I should plan on doing all again at a community college...yeah we should def keep in touch ...
02-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Well... The few DO schools that I have had contact with regarding the foreign pre med thing said that as long as is evaluated by WES, Josef Silny, etc... And I have all the prerequisites, then I am good. However, I don't know if it will be looked down upon, etc... I feel that the rest of my application is pretty solid (pending an MCAT retake). It also helps me that I have a bachelors and masters degree done in the US... even though my pre med was done abroad. I am trying to look at the positives... I did my pre-med while I was living/volunteering in the Dom. Rep. And with that comes a lot of life experiences that are valuable to me (and hopefully the adcom) as a human being. That's my take on it. So I'm taking the plunge this application cycle. I can't tell you for sure go for it or retake... I think it depends on the rest of your application.... I hope that helps! We'll keep in touch!
02-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah you make solid points. I'm actually retaking my prereqs at a community college and then will take some advanced courses at a state uni this fall and next spring. Not leaving anything to chance. Retaking mcat in April. Let's see how it goes...all the best!