|Student Doctor Network Forums Rules
To become a SDN Member, you hereby agree to the SDN Forums Terms of Service.
So, let's get to the point! Here's what you need to know:
If you don't receive a verification email within 10 minutes of registering, please check your spam email folder. Occasionally verification emails are mis-classified as Spam.
- Avoid using your real name as your screen name. Remember, the SDN Forums are read by students, faculty, advisors and administrators from around the world. Unless you want everyone to know who you are, keep your identity protected.
- Be courteous. It goes a long way. :)
- Use the search functions. The SDN Forums have been here since 1999. Chances are, someone has already asked the same question you may have.
- Stay on topic. Our membership encourages open discussion and debate as long as it relates to the topic of the thread at hand. Posts which do not relate to the original purpose or topic of the thread may be moved to a more appropriate location.
- Don't advertise (spam). SDN is a student forum which relies on sponsorships to operate. To promote your product or service, see our sponsorship section. Also, no ads in your signature, it's the same as spamming.
- Don't cross-post on the forums. Just post once. Posting a question or comment in multiple forums is annoying to other guests.
- Use the "Report Bad Post" button to report inappropriate posts. It's located at the bottom left of every post on the site. It immediately alerts the moderators.
- Respect copyrighted information. Selling or trading illegally copied materials is a federal offense; when discovered, SDN may report such piracy to copyright holders and appropriate agencies. Copying information from other Web sites hurts those sites ability to make revenue. Read the DMCA notice.
- Harassment and Flame-Wars burn everyone. Again, be courteous. Just ignore those guests that can't discuss topics professionally. Remember, the academic healthcare community is relatively small; don't behave in a manner which might get you into trouble now or in the future.
- Use common sense when posting images. No pornography or hateful images.
- Trolls suck. If you come upon a guest that is clearly trolling, report their post. Trolling is misuse of the SDN site in a fashion which interrupts forum activity and intentionally violates our site policies.
- TROLLS AND SPAMMERS BEWARE. Trolling and spamming interferes with operation of our nonprofit site. Those who troll or spam are trespassing on our network. We reserve the right to take any and all legal and technical remedies to prevent trolling and spamming of our network.
- Once you've posted on the site, it's there forever. We do not delete posts except in extreme cases. Even if we can remove a post that you regret posting, they are often permanently cataloged in sites like Google or the Internet Archive.
- Don't be a SPORK. SPORKS are people that indiscriminately use the "Report SPAM" button on their email account instead of the "Delete Mail" button. If you SPORK your account may be closed.
- Don't be a poser. Chances are you're not the dean of admissions or a neurosurgeon ... and everyone knows it.
- Be sure to have fun! The educational process can be frustrating sometimes. We're all in it together and we're here to help each other. So, pull up a chair and enjoy the SDN Forums. :)
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 PM.