Originally Posted by mrsmith
Also happy to help out here if anyone has questions. I'm a 1st year here. Congrats again!
I may be attending, I have a couple questions. Thanks!
1. What is the exam schedule/frequency like?
2. Can you get away with not going to class? I have heard mixed reviews. Some say that lectures are recorded, others say it is a utter technological failure and they never get recorded. Are they strict about the 70% requirement and does most of the class actually attend? One person said that it doesn't matter as long as you aren't doing poorly/failing, but it would be more reassuring to hear this from someone who doesn't go to class 70% of the time, or if you know friends that don't go to class and have no problems with administration.
It just seems super overwhemling to have to go to class 9-5 5 days a week, then come home and study 5-midnight. I feel like I (and probably MANY others) could be infinitely more efficient by just going to the library from, say, 9-6 every day of teh week and focusing harder on my own.
3. Is Driving really bad? Do you need a car? I had heard that all the stereotypes about old people driving insanely in FL is true.
4. Is the student-body really happy? Are you guys a close-knit bunch or do people branch off/form cliques and do their own thing?
5. What is the typical weekend/social life like. Do many people stay in the Davie area, or go out to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami to party/go to the beach? Or does studying tend to take most of the time up?
6. What do you like least? And what do you like most?