Originally Posted by takotsubo81
If cardiology is so important in your life, than go for J1. It makes a difference to be on J1 for cardiology, your options will increase. No one will buy your argument of transfering from H1 to J1 before applying in cards.
But more important to get into fellowships is doing residency from a well known program.. dont select based on the visa they are offering... thats my suggestion!
thank you takotsubo for replying.
this is what i have got on my plate, I would greatly appreciate your input or suggestions:
1. University of Alabama at Birmingham (H1)
2. St Louis University, St Louis
3. Uni of Arkansas, Little rock (H1)
4. Uni of Oklahoma, Oklahoma city
5. Uni of Connecticut, Farmington
6. Uni of Kansas SOM, Kansas City
7. SUNY-buffalo (H1)
8. St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital, NY (H1)
9. Henry Ford, Detroit
10. Medical College of Georgia, Augusta
11. Allegheny General, Pittsburgh
Thank you once again