Originally Posted by Angie09
1) use for writing discharges and ordering labs etc (since we're often short on computers in the hospital and it's annoying to waste a lot of time standing around waiting for one).
2) easily carry around (iPad might be better here since it would fit in my white coat pocket, which I don't think a netbook would do).
3) take notes on in lectures and rounds (here a netbook might be better unless I buy the roll-up keyboard for the iPad).
Do you have any opinions about which would be more useful in clinics?
1) will you be able to do discharge/labs/etc from a generic program? or will you need the software from the school?
2) ipads easier to carry. I keep mine in a portfolio that has an IR keyboard, but I write on mine a lot. I personally find the net book keyboards small enough to irritate my wrists.
3) there are lots of keyboard options for the ipad.
if you are likely to need to draw anything, go with an ipad. otherwise, it comes to preference. I use a keyboard portfolio, and its still super light.