Originally Posted by blindchaos
I just don't really know what to do. I think the place I have an offer from would be willing to wait, but I don't want to make them wait toooo long (nor do I know the best way to ask them to wait as sydb noted, they'll know they are not my top choice). Help!
It's certainly a wonderful problem to have (especially for a Phase II survivor! This is the total opposite of my experience last year), but I have no idea what to do...
You can certainly phrase it in a way that doesn't convey the fact that they're not your top choice. Perhaps something along the lines of wanting to meet staff/faculty at other sites before deciding on what would be the best fit for personality, training goals, and interests?
Personally, I find it quite difficult to make any sort of ranking decision until after meeting the staff/faculty. During the interview portion of the internship match, what I had initially thought to be my "top choice" at any given point in time often turned out not to be the case after the interview