If the offer you got is a top site for you and its in the area you want to settle down, I would seriously consider how long to put off making an official decision. They probably made the early offer to you, in part, because they wanted to make sure they would get a quality and dedicated post doc. Pushing things off for 2 months isn't something that i personally, if i were making a hiring decision, would find acceptable. thats only my thought though.....you gotta make the best decision for you
Originally Posted by blindchaos
Sent you a PM
PS - if anyone else wants to chime in on the offer + interview elsewhere + applications-in-waiting issue....I'm all ears! I'm comfy with asking them to wait a little, but I'm hesitant to apply to other places as that extends the timeline greatly as most have Feb deadlines. Seems like too long to make a site wait.