I asked Anna while passing by the office today. Any rejections that have gone out this early aren't so much 'rejections' as they are 'disqualifications.' Anyone who has received a letter at this point was lacking something in their app.
- a missing required course
- an 'upper level' course not taken at a 4 year university
- a required course more than 8 years old
- a C- or lower in a required course
- failure to meet the minimum GPA of 2.8 in required courses
- failure to take a substituting course by fall semester
- failure to take the GRE by November 30
Most of these would have been addressed at some point, and should also be mentioned in the letter sent out.
This is all I know.