USC VS MIDWESTERN (Az) VS UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted323428

If you were accepted into all 3 of the schools where would you attend and why?? Rank which Schools you would choose.

Members don't see this ad.

If you were accepted into all 3 of the schools where would you attend and why?? Rank which Schools you would choose.
I didn't apply to Colorado or Midwestern, but I am going to USC. If money is not an issue, you can come join my class. :)

To op...you gotta be kidding me, why is this even a dilemma. UC hands down.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you can get in-state at colorado it's a no-brainer. Everyone seems to have a good impression of midwestern, but it is on the total edge of phoenix and it gets HOT. like HOT. USC is in the middle of LA, so total opposite from midwestern, also has PBL for a lot of curriculum, kind of controversial on here. I'm probably going to USC too though so you can join me and kentucky lover. I would seriously look at cost first though, biggest downside to USC is obviously price.

Go to UC. It will be cheaper and it's a great school in a great area. I have real regret about turning them down.

Midwestern and UC will be the same price for me I am not from Colorado

Go to UC. It will be cheaper and it's a great school in a great area. I have real regret about turning them down.

Did you end up with a Camaro for a rental in Colorado? If so, did you ever get to blaze through the scenic Rockies?

Did you end up with a Camaro for a rental in Colorado? If so, did you ever get to blaze through the scenic Rockies?

Haha I did actually get upgraded to a Camaro. I never got out to the Rockies (I had seen them before though). I cruised around Denver a bit. I honestly wasn't a huge fan of the Camaro.

USC! They got a 35 million dollar gift. Join our class.

Maybe you ranked them for yourself just by typing the title of the thread:
1. USC, 2. Midwestern, and 3. Colorado

If Colorado costs the same as MWU, I'd rank it MWU, Colorado, USC. Now that I've been through dental school, I would say the most important factor (after cost of attendance obviously) is patient pool and clinic. I have an active patient roster of 75 patients (90ish total), all of which were walk ins and referrals. I get 1-2 new patients a week handed to me. That is a luxury you will not find at every school.

Oracle how do you feel about the opportunity to specialize coming from Midwestern is it there? I really do want to specialize..

Oracle how do you feel about the opportunity to specialize coming from Midwestern is it there? I really do want to specialize..

You have every opportunity to specialize, and I think what MWU has that really helps is the ability to really take your education in your own hands, so if you love surgery, you can focus on surgery while you're here and do more surgeries/ hang out with the surgeons/residents etc. Love perio? Do more perio surgeries, get proficient, and then do them yourself. At MWU you don't have to go to departments to do specific Tx, so you can do almost anything that you feel comfortable with, in your own chair. (also, its nice to have your own chair and a spare available to you at all times)

We are the first class to graduate and out of our class, I know of 4 OMFS, 1 Perio, 1 Dental anesthesia, and 2 Ortho residencies taken. I'm sure there are students with specialty residencies that I don't know about but those are the ones I do.