History of the WWorld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have to go take care of the injured BF. So much for a nice 4 days off :rolleyes: Night all.

Members don't see this ad.

Haha should I? Now I feel like I am missing out on something!

oh no. I just made a "I'll develop tertiary neurosyphillis before that happens" joke two days ago on that forum and it sort of got a lot of attention because it was the most absurdly random way to measure the passing of time.

wonder why you accused me of having syphillis now. haha.

Ok have to hit the hay - up way past my bedtime :sleep:

I have a final tomorrow and I need to get a little rest - WW is a very dangerous forum sport - it is addictive and deprives you of sleep - get out while you can! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Night will be ending on time.

2 notices

1) When I send you night results before I have posted in the thread you may NOT discuss them on the thread or in PMs with anyone before the official announcement. Please abide by this rule.

2) SHortnSweet is the co-moderator in charge of items and perhaps vote tallying and anything else I can teach her about this crazy game.
IF YOU HAVE AN ITEM YOU MUST TELL SHORTNSWEET. If you do not tell shortnsweet about your item during Day 2, you will automatically lose it. Always PM both of us regarding their use.

Just an FYI, this is already turning out differently than I imagined.

Your avatar is Alexander the Great, right?

Oh yes. He was a crazy narcissist with paranoia that everyone was out to undermine his empire (turns out he was right). Sure he could have had neurosyphillis, but thats too convenient of an excuse for someone who had his most brilliant strategic maneuvers in the months prior to his death from, what appears to be, pneumonia or septic wounds.

Ok have to hit the hay - up way past my bedtime :sleep:

I have a final tomorrow and I need to get a little rest - WW is a very dangerous forum sport - it is addictive and deprives you of sleep - get out while you can! :eek:

Seriously. I'm just trying to picture what's going to happen when I upgrade to a phone that isn't circa 1700 hopefully this month. Or next month if ATT really won't let me upgrade a month before my contract is up. I'll actually be able to stay updated at work!

Hmm. I'm intrigued as well, but have to get to bed. Work tomorrow at 8 and it's an hour away. Womp. I'll be on sometime after 4 PM EST to catch up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just glancing I think AKD, Kirst, and the zander person. I believe at least. Don't know who's the fourth, and I don't feel like going down the list.

Really guys, really?!

Sorry I'm late but I honestly didn't know this game was starting today and was working on my last project for the year. I'll be more attentive tomorrow.

Looks like we have 2 Lincolns. I think they should have to battle to the death and whoever comes out victorious gets to keep the avatar

Really guys, really?!

Sorry I'm late but I honestly didn't know this game was starting today and was working on my last project for the year. I'll be more attentive tomorrow.

Hey it's okay, we were just seeing who was absent from the party. ;)

Looks like we have 2 Lincolns. I think they should have to battle to the death and whoever comes out victorious gets to keep the avatar

Like in those impersonation battles? Whoever can recite the Gettysburg address without Googling wins!

Agreed.

*says the avatarless WW player who really needs to get to an actual computer sometime soon*

Problem solved.

And btw Lissa, LOVE your avatar!

The elite have gathered to decide the fate of the world, surely they will act in the civilized manner humankind has decided these matters before ugly modernity has reared its head.

First off let take a look at our all-mighty Zeus in Mt. Olympus. Surely the soldiers of the world are flocking to him, providing him prayers and information through PMs. That is the most logical course of action. But wait, why is Mt. Olympus covered with fog, why are the grounds shaking. Is it really true? Are people ignoring the immortal appointed to watch over them. SMH. Well, no one ever said Zeus was not wise, even in his anger he has sent a rainbow to shine on Europe. That must be a most important message.

Well let's check back with the rest of Mt. Olympus. Anything going on there? No, very silent.

Moving on with the news:
The government has announced that Helen Keller has been imprisoned by Judge .– Isaac Charles Parker, also know as the hanging judge. No news yet on Ms. Keller's crime or her picture. .Ms. Keller made no comments when questioned on the matter.

Another arrest was attempted by a shadowy government figure today. His arrest was not as successful, as the attended jailbird slipped the noose.

In another shocking story, Katie8 was being laughed at as her 1700s musket rifle failed to fire as she pointed it at TigerWillow. That gun must not have fired in a few centuries. People are trying to figure out if it was all a joke.

What wasn't a joking matter the alleged torture that occurred in an undisclosed location today where the identiy of Goody Glover was revealed. No further details are available as it was too dangerous to even admit to knowing the location of this torture chamber....

In our first political scandal of the year, LIS was seen trying to abandon Africa for a European vacation. Too bad he tried to leave in a junker car. Let's face it, he never had a chance in that hunk of junk. People are asking why was he leaving, and how could he afford such a luxurious trip to St. Moritz.

Finally in the most sobering news, The body of our famed hanging Judge, Judge Parker, aka BBEVENTER , a faithful servant of harsh justice, but good harsh justice, was found mummified and shoved in a sarcophagus. The motives for the murder are unclear. Authorities are investigating.

There are 27 players left, you have until 5pm EST to lynch an evil bastard. (or until plurality is reached).

North American
1- Time Warner
2- DVMDream, Vice President
3- AKDream
4-emiloo4
5- kaydubs
6 -PetPony

Europe
1- wldlfstdnt
2-krist
3-kakurubird
4-WTF
5-DocEspana
6 -Sooprnova

Mount Olympus - Home of the IMMORTAL NUTMEG
1- cuitlamiztli
2- sheepdogpsu
3-nyanko
4-bbeventer
5 -dyachei, CEO

Asia
1- NStarz
2- wildcatj
3- Katie8
4- Samoa
5 - LissaRae06

Africa
1- Orca2011
2- zanydogz
3- LIS, President
4- Devyn
5- FTB

Carbon - Balrog.

Initial Game Description: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=12396586&postcount=1
Political election: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/show...&postcount=139
Night 1 result http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=12398489&postcount=177

Ah, figures. :rolleyes:

TO: The nations of the world

Dear Sir/Madam:
I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equalling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.
You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accomodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount.
However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Please call me at your earliest convenience at 867-5309. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.
Yours truly, etc.
Ben Ahore

:(....bbeventer. That sucks.

I am heading to bed. Then I have work tomorrow.. 7:15AM (in the super cool, MST (AZ, no DST) so is now same as PST) to 5:15PM. I should be able to check in before work and during lunch. So I will see if we get any more information by then.

And on Day 2, God/Mod converted a mere mortal into his game item organizing co-mod. Please send us BOTH your PMs about items, whether you are using them or not, so I can organize my excel sheet like the nerd that I am.

For those of you who don't know by now (just loungers I think), I am in the UK, so if the timing of my replies/posts seems odd, that is why. Try to not get too angry with me if I a wee bit late.

Fight on, good and evil.

My first order of business...eating waffles for breakfast.

Things I've gleamed from the kill this morning. Sorry if they're not too indepth, I'm trying to make it to clinic and update at the same time.

1. IDK Bbeventer from a hole in the wall, but that judge role sounds like it could have killed wolves beyond the lynch. Or at least done something significant. Sucks to have lost that

2. I wikipediad his character. Unless I'm missing a major historical figure, he appears to be a comic book character. That is not at all affiliated with greek mythology. Not totally sure what to make of that. I'm assuming that either Mt. Olympus is just fictional characters (could be useful), or that the character roles have nothing to do with the continent you started on (useless knowledge). It's something that struck me. Maybe it'll be relevant, maybe I'm just overanalyzing stuff because I dont want to leave for clinic yet.

3. Going back to the death scene. It seems we have a mummy we're looking for. *If* the role you have is continent related, this could be very useful. We'd know there is a wolf in Africa. I know my role is a european role. But..... n=1. IDK if people actually want to share this. I have no problem saying my role matches my continent, but I know people get very paranoid about sharing info. With good reason too, we have no clue what SOV has in store.

4. Was it Bbeventer who was dead set on identifying who the last 4 people who posted but werent voting were? I'm not going through to check, but I think it was him. Is there anyone in that list who was acting out of character (mostly too quiet, or "hovering" in the thread without posting much)?

5. A bit of an extension of #4. My thing is to auto lynch vote anyone who actively declined a vote. One of the best ways to get seered very early is to get voted into office. See the last lounge game for proof, where two wolves got into office very early and both died in the first three turns. Wolves and office dont mix. So if anyone actively declined votes, I'm gonna vote for them just since its what I always do. Feel free to join me. Though... I dont rememeber anyone declining votes. So this might all be null and void.

K. I'll check in as the patient flow allows. HEADS WILL ROLL!

I don't think anyone said that they didn't want to be elected. Also, my role has to do with my new continent. Don't know if that is significant, but there you go. I'm going to hop in the shower. I will check back in when I get bored in pharmacology.

My role is unrelated to mt olympus so I think the roles are random.

My role could be for any continent, but isn't unspecific to mine if that makes sense.
On another note, only thing that has struck me as remotely weird was that Kaydubs originally vote for LIS, but then changed her vote for DocEspana when he had no other votes. What was the point there? To take votes away from LIS for some reason?
PS. My plan for this game is more open strategizing on the thread. It seems like in past games we get so worried about being suspected that we don't start sharing info until it's too late. If anyone thinks I'm an idiot for it speak up. But this will explain things for when everyone thinks I'm "acting out of character must be wolf!"

Looking back through the thread, I did not see anyone decline any votes. There were a few late people that mentioned tossing their name in, but realized it was too late. Otherwise, no one declined being leader or being voted for leader.

Katie8, Why were you shooting at TigerWillow? I typically like to use items when I receive them but it seems like a gun would probably kill a player, not silence them. I don't think I would take that chance until I was certain the person I was shooting at was a wolf. Or if I were a wolf who didn't care about killing another villager. Anyway, do you have an explanation for why you were shooting at TigerWillow?

Otherwise, I can't find anything that seems out of the normal.

I think roles are random/don't match up with the continent that you reside on.

Katie8, Why were you shooting at TigerWillow? I typically like to use items when I receive them but it seems like a gun would probably kill a player, not silence them. I don't think I would take that chance until I was certain the person I was shooting at was a wolf. Or if I were a wolf who didn't care about killing another villager. Anyway, do you have an explanation for why you were shooting at TigerWillow?

:shrug::oops:

Bleh! Sounds like BB could have really helped us kill some wolves :(. If anyone has investigative items, maybe look at Katie8? I definitely think it's strange she tried to use a gun on someone night one without any ideas of who is who... unless she's a wolf :mad:
Much :love: Katie8. Hope those emoticons can help you explain yourself :laugh:. If you are allowed to use any, there are tons of websites with other ones besides SDN.

Okay I have questions.
1. Could Katie8 be some crazy 1700s person? Anyone know of one? Hence the whole no one could tell if she was joking?
2. Rainbow over Europe, might be important?

I think the judge could probably sentence someone to jail(silence them?), there are so many other possibilities for a character that could kill wolves that I doubt a judge would be able to do it.

I have been studying this emoticon for the last several minutes, and must say it is well designed. I mean, look at that frustration, look at the image of speed that is displayed, and well, don't you think she is really hitting that wall hard? I am impressed. I think I will just sit here for a while and keep on staring at it.....

I have been studying this emoticon for the last several minutes, and must say it is well designed. I mean, look at that frustration, look at the image of speed that is displayed, and well, don't you think she is really hitting that wall hard? I am impressed. I think I will just sit here for a while and keep on staring at it.....

Haha, what did they give you this morning?