All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IMG_20121005_231745.jpg
And my doggie/BFF, Jackson:)

Members don't see this ad.

That's kind of the problem I'm working on. And that he's terrified of it.

Let me know if you figure out something that works. I should probably re-try to train mine. Maybe I'll work on that for my behavior class next semester. Hmm...:rolleyes:

Gorgeous dogs, Frozenshades! :love::love:

So, I'm thinking about possibly naming my puppy Kahlua(her coloring reminds me of the drink :laugh:) (refer back to post 1 pic)

I know someone who named her dog Bacardi. There were also a few other alcoholic names. They can be quite cute.

This is my almost 3-year old kitty, Shadow. My bf and I adopted her about 5 months ago from the local animal shelter. She was an owner-surrendered cat due to "destructive behavior" and they thought she also had behavioral "bipolar" issues. I found it hilarious when I walked into the holding room and saw her cage card shredded. The volunteer made sure we were cat people and warned us of her bipolar behavior (which was why she was in the holding room away from the public). They thought she had the potential to become adoptable so they wanted to give her one more chance in their special behavior program.

I was prepared to be shredded but surprisingly, she came out of the cage and just climbed straight into our laps. We've had some issues with separation anxiety which I think is the root of her destructive behavior (we've had poop in the bed a couple days in the first week we had her, but it was solid so no biggie :D), but I am so proud of her progress--she no longer sits and waits at the door wondering if she's been left alone forever. Other than some good old carpet ripping (despite our many attempts to get her to scratch on her cat trees and scratching posts...) she is an AWESOME cat and I am so glad to be her mommy!!! :love:

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 93
Members don't see this ad :)
Let me know if you figure out something that works. I should probably re-try to train mine. Maybe I'll work on that for my behavior class next semester. Hmm...:rolleyes:

I know someone who named her dog Bacardi. There were also a few other alcoholic names. They can be quite cute.

My family had a cat named Kahlua, and my roommate's family cat is Bacardi! They're both great names, although Kahlua is kind of difficult to shorten. :D

I love seeing photos of exotics!

Here are my babies:

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1356646900.465446.jpg

These are my rats as of a few minutes ago. I have two, Sprocket and Amelia.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1356646953.930002.jpg

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1356646987.458268.jpg

And this is Mac, my remaining gerbil.

Sugar, world's most wonderful rabbit:
He's 6 years old... I adopted him from a shelter back home and he's been my best friend ever since.
8316201464_671424f2e4.jpg

Biscuits, the rabbit that plans to take over the world:
She's 3 years old... she's always been a little crazy. I (nicely) took her from a lady that had her living in a kindergarten classroom and she's never quite gotten over that experience. She's a good girl though.
8315161901_e7e048f65f.jpg

Tori, my girlfriend's (pit) bull in a china shop:
She's 4 years old and a total hyper weirdo... keeps us laughing for sure.
8315164741_bb882232ea.jpg

Current fosters:
Snowflake, 3 year old bun bun:
8302115854_44ccf9c54c.jpg

No name yet, our lil starving orphan foster dog:
8312555640_3293ab536e.jpg

I don't see any reptile/amphibian pictures here! I currently have a salamander, gecko, and beautiful red/blue betta fish. My salamander is very important to me (I've had her almost three years!), and she is the one featured in my avatar. You wouldn't think a salamander could be that exciting, but she sometimes tries to climb up the side of the tank to get to me, begs for food, chases cats, and likes to bite/jump at fingers.

Wow beautiful pets everyone! TwistedRose, what do the Japanese characters say on your avatar, if you don't mind me asking?

I've had my Pit (Mix?) for about 6 years now. I got him as a sweet 16 present. His name is Momo - after a Japanese drama I watched. He was the inspiration for a lot of my art for my AP Portfolio in high school. I thought I'd share my infamous drawing with everyone. Enjoy!

ws1mq9.jpg

View attachment 22078So this is Ricky, my new cat.

He was a barn cat at a barn where one one of my classmates rides. People are always dropping off cats at this barn and the barn owners pay to have them spayed/neutered and for yearly rabies vaccinations. The vet found that Ricky has a heart murmur. Long story short, I adopted him planning on him being mostly outdoor, but coming in at night, and I was prepared to do whatever necessary for his heart condition. Well...he's FeLV +. My wonderful husband agreed to keep him indoor only (despite his severe aversion to litter boxes, cat urine odor, feces in the house etc...). Ricky has other medical issues too, for which he is receiving treatment, especially being PU/PD.

Initially he used the litter box perfectly, but now it's hit or miss. I've even been in the room when he has urinated directly in front of the box! He has defecated in front of the box as well. He has two boxes, both of them are cleaned daily. Each box has a different type of litter, a veterinary behaviorist told our class that some cats like different litter types. I just don't understand what is going on. If my husband knew how much the cat was urinating on the floor, I wouldn't be able to keep him. And once the semester starts, it won't be as easy to hide. Help cat people, please! I'm more of a dog person and haven't had a cat in a long time, I just don't know what to do.

I will relate an anecdote to avoid giving medical advice: one of the receptionists at my old practice had a wonderful cat with MAJOR urinary issues that were ongoing since he was a kitten. He was thoroughly (and frequently) checked for urinary and bladder infections, crystals, stones, etc, which was thrilling because he was the kind of cat you basically needed to wear chain mail to handle. Somewhere there is a video of me trying to get him out of a cage at the clinic and I am just standing there holding a towel over the front of the cage, with my giant cat gloves on, while there is noises like a wolverine coming from the cage.
Anyways. She ended up working with one of our vets to try just about every anxiety medication (and some pain meds) known to man in a progression to figure out a combo that worked for him. Ended up with him well-managed on anti-anxiety medication, Feliway diffusers around the apartment, and well-placed and cleaned litter boxes. It was NOT easy for her and eventually he did develop problems with crystals in his urine, but it was do-able.

I don't see any reptile/amphibian pictures here! I currently have a salamander, gecko, and beautiful red/blue betta fish. My salamander is very important to me (I've had her almost three years!), and she is the one featured in my avatar. You wouldn't think a salamander could be that exciting, but she sometimes tries to climb up the side of the tank to get to me, begs for food, chases cats, and likes to bite/jump at fingers.

I had an anole for a couple years in high school and lost my betta, Starburst just over a year ago. My roommate and I contemplated adopting a classmates leopard gecko but I think he found a home already.

Oh, and Rudy had his first acupuncture today. He supposedly tolerated it for the most part. Got a little snappy according to my mom but he goes back in on Monday for round 2. The vet noticed some swollen lymph nodes, so we're going to keep an eye on those as well and maybe do some blood work too. He's due to have his kidney values rechecked anyways. If he doesn't get any relief from the acupuncture, I think my mom is investing in a little cart for him.

Meanwhile there still aren't enough horses on here. So have another photo of my horse Duncan with the two mares I used to own - Sonora is the bratty little chestnut pony, and Giny is the dark bay TB mare who looks very irritated to be there.
8-3-2007-07adj.jpg

And one of Duncan from back in the days we actually went places and did things, other than going to the hospital and trying to keep him from inventing creative new ways to die.

IMG_1549.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)

I met a cat named Soco a few months ago at work and we had all been wondering before the appointment about the name. Owner came right out on her own during the appointment and said that her daughter had named the cat when the family adopted her during her freshman year of college. :laugh:

Meanwhile there still aren't enough horses on here. So have another photo of my horse Duncan with the two mares I used to own - Sonora is the bratty little chestnut pony, and Giny is the dark bay TB mare who looks very irritated to be there.
8-3-2007-07adj.jpg

And one of Duncan from back in the days we actually went places and did things, other than going to the hospital and trying to keep him from inventing creative new ways to die.

IMG_1549.jpg

^_^ Love the photos.

It's difficult having a sick horse. My mare, she was my first walk-trot show horse, passed away a few years ago.

My puppy! She's maybe 12? Adopted in August from a shelter with a baldness all over her hind end and tail from a flea allergy and resulting skin infection. Total love from day one. Proof that a good diet and stable home can do amazing things for skin and coat condition.
(poof imagine a cute beagle mix)

Also living with two grey tabby cats, one my mother's and one is more mine who may or may not go to school with me (puppy is definitely coming with). She's 1.5 and he's around 9 and has been so good at putting up with her. Younger one's favorite activity is knocking things off of tables and shelves.

Last edited:
My baby girl. This year was our sixth Christmas together. I keep threatening to trade her in for a "younger model." At the same time, I keep hoping and praying that someday she'll settle down and outgrow the crazy phase! :laugh:

397276_10100158449497841_2130591437_n.jpg

And the two monsters together
430021_10100207343079711_1694940831_n.jpg

I will relate an anecdote to avoid giving medical advice: one of the receptionists at my old practice had a wonderful cat with MAJOR urinary issues that were ongoing since he was a kitten. He was thoroughly (and frequently) checked for urinary and bladder infections, crystals, stones, etc, which was thrilling because he was the kind of cat you basically needed to wear chain mail to handle. Somewhere there is a video of me trying to get him out of a cage at the clinic and I am just standing there holding a towel over the front of the cage, with my giant cat gloves on, while there is noises like a wolverine coming from the cage.
Anyways. She ended up working with one of our vets to try just about every anxiety medication (and some pain meds) known to man in a progression to figure out a combo that worked for him. Ended up with him well-managed on anti-anxiety medication, Feliway diffusers around the apartment, and well-placed and cleaned litter boxes. It was NOT easy for her and eventually he did develop problems with crystals in his urine, but it was do-able.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't mean to imply that I was looking for medical advice. His medical issues are being treated, and they aren't anything related to his urinary system. I was looking more for behavior/training advice. It seems that this issue is behavioral. He was an outdoor only barn cat, but isn't feral in the least. He's a super cuddly, purr machine. I didn't even think of Feliway, great idea! I have had lots of success with DAP and my crazy dog. Thanks again!

Penny - my 5-6 yo FS guinea pig, aka the love of my life :) This little pig is more spoiled than you could ever possibly imagine and I love her more than anything in the world :love: She does not get to live with me in Grenada, and while it breaks my heart to leave her behind, I know the travel aspect would just be awful and incredibly stressful for her, so she stays at my parents house and gets spoiled like crazy!
IMG_2002.JPG

And as of last week, I now have Lucy! Lucy is a 4yo FS Collie/Aussie mix that weighs a tiny 32 lbs :) She is a super sweet dog that I adopted from a local rescue organization to be my buddy and guardian in Grenada. She is a little bit shy and has a serious grudge against my father and teenage brother (growls and barks at them when she hears them moving around the house or they enter the room:( ) and she would very much like to eat Penny:mad: but other than that she is basically perfect. She has partial and complete heterochromia which is fun to look at :)
PC230487.JPG

PC250497.JPG

p.s. sorry the pictures are so big, and no I am not the one holding Lucy in the last pic ;)

I've always been a big fan of reptiles and exotic animals in general. I currently have 3 geckos and 5 snakes. I'll work on posting some pictures!

In addition to my reptiles, I have 2 chinchillas, 2 birds, and a hamster. My family also has 2 dogs and 5 cats, but they all live at my parents' house. :cool:

Penny - my 5-6 yo FS guinea pig, aka the love of my life :) This little pig is more spoiled than you could ever possibly imagine and I love her more than anything in the world :love: She does not get to live with me in Grenada, and while it breaks my heart to leave her behind, I know the travel aspect would just be awful and incredibly stressful for her, so she stays at my parents house and gets spoiled like crazy!

I think mine might rival your Penny in spoiledness. :p Mine are rescues and they are so spoiled. It's been said close to half my living room is dedicated to them (in reality it's not that much but they do have two mid-western cages). They get all the hay they can eat (usually organic), organic pellets and treats, and a couple of slices of fresh bell peppers (their absolute favorite food) for dinner every day. I don't think I have any good pictures to post, though I'll look for some. One is a little over 2 years and the other is 6 and a half. I got them already pair bonded at the humane society a year and a half ago. You can hardly tell my little old lady is getting old (minus the cataracts). She popcorns and squeaks with the little one.

Okay, so I'm about to take up a lot of thread real estate and also completely out myself as insane. I am a crazy cat lady, even by most vet students' standards. I have five totally wonderful kitties, and never pass up the opportunity to show them off and talk about them. They're totally my kids.

In order of coming into my life, here we go. First is Simon, an almost 11 year old tuxedo. While doing an internship in North Carolina 11 years ago, my co-intern and I found some kittens that were crawling with fleas and ticks and full of worms. We rescued them and planned on fostering and adopting them out. Let's just say I fail miserably as a foster mom. Simon is a total momma's boy, and is always near me and loves to cuddle. He also loves all people and is a pet *****. He's also a huge pain in the rear, and you'll never meet a cat with more character.
simonyv.jpg

Next is the floof master Arwen, she is also almost 11 years old and is Simon's sister. He name totally fits her, as she looks elfin and is a complete princess. But she's also a love bug and likes to bat at arms to beg for pets.
arwenc.jpg

Samantha is a 7.5 year old torbie that I adopted off of the streets when she was about a year old. She was skin and bones and dirty. I loved her from the first moment. She is utterly attached to me. If I am home, she is in my lap or next to me. And she sleeps next to me every single night without fail.
samanthat.jpg

Moo Kitten is about 5 years old and came into a clinic I worked at as a stray kitten from animal control. She had a broken femur, but it was a clean break and she just needed cage rest. I volunteered to foster her... and as I mentioned, I'm a miserable failure of a foster parent. She's the most "cat like" of them all, temperamental and aloof and only cuddly on her terms ;)
moozers.jpg

Lastly is my newest edition, Tucker. He's about 3 years old now, adopted from the Orphan Kitten Project here at Davis when he was wee. He's an utter love, he loves everyone and everything and is just the best cat ever.
tuckeru.jpg

I had an anole for a couple years in high school and lost my betta, Starburst just over a year ago. My roommate and I contemplated adopting a classmates leopard gecko but I think he found a home already.
I had anoles in high school too! I tend to name by betta fish after dragons.

Wow beautiful pets everyone! TwistedRose, what do the Japanese characters say on your avatar, if you don't mind me asking?
It says "kawaii" or "cute" in Japanese. :) I think the description is fitting, though many people seem to think she is "kowaii" or "scary."

I've always been a big fan of reptiles and exotic animals in general. I currently have 3 geckos and 5 snakes. I'll work on posting some pictures!
I've always been a big fan of exotic animals, too. :) I need to take some up-to-date photos of my gecko to post here. I have plenty of my salamander. What kind of geckos do you have? I have a crested gecko that I took from someone who wasn't taking good care of it.

Our family is a little obsessed with shar peis...as you might notice.

384708_2582293241234_1867241710_n.jpg
This is Pudge- he was the best little boy ever, but recently passed due to liver failure. :( He's up in doggie-heaven now though, and is a guardian angel to our two new babies!

photo (5).jpg
This is Bubba, or Bubs as we tend to call him. He's a sweetheart and seems to think that laying in people's laps all day is appropriate. Not the brightest crayon in the box, but he makes up for it by sleeping on his back (see below) and keeping us warm with his cuddles. He's been known to fall asleep on top of your belly if you're laying down on the floor.
Photo on 22-11-12 at 1.20 PM #3.jpg

IMG_66371.jpg
Meet Honey, codename Honey-boo-boo! She's the smartest puppy I've ever met and likes to terrorize her brother by stealing his toys and then sliding under the couch to hide. She's loves kisses and likes to hold your hand and is oh, so obedient!

Hoping to get a shar pei of my own after I graduate!

I think mine might rival your Penny in spoiledness. :p Mine are rescues and they are so spoiled. It's been said close to half my living room is dedicated to them (in reality it's not that much but they do have two mid-western cages). They get all the hay they can eat (usually organic), organic pellets and treats, and a couple of slices of fresh bell peppers (their absolute favorite food) for dinner every day. I don't think I have any good pictures to post, though I'll look for some. One is a little over 2 years and the other is 6 and a half. I got them already pair bonded at the humane society a year and a half ago. You can hardly tell my little old lady is getting old (minus the cataracts). She popcorns and squeaks with the little one.

Penny is a "rescue" too - I got her from a vet a few years ago who had acquired her to practice his spay technique (except his staff kept accidentally getting her preggers!). She's an Oxbow pig :D. She gets a liquid orange flavored Vit. C supplement every day that I can't believe she likes (I was so worried I was just going to be forcing it down her throat for the rest of her life when I got it haha) and I recently started her on some of the Oxbow "vitamin" hay tablets which she LOVES. she gets urinary support and digestive support, and I will be in SERIOUS trouble if Oxbow ever discontinues them because she will just sit there and scream all day long (instead of most of the day haha as she tries to bribe people for treats). Her favorite veggies are carrots and lettuce and then she occasionally gets some fruit thrown in as a snack. she is SO rotten - i have created quite the monster :laugh:

I had anoles in high school too! I tend to name by betta fish after dragons.

Mine were named after candies: Twizzler, Gusher and Starburst. Well, I guess Gushers are technically a fruit snack, but close enough.

Penny is a "rescue" too - I got her from a vet a few years ago who had acquired her to practice his spay technique (except his staff kept accidentally getting her preggers!). She's an Oxbow pig :D. She gets a liquid orange flavored Vit. C supplement every day that I can't believe she likes (I was so worried I was just going to be forcing it down her throat for the rest of her life when I got it haha) and I recently started her on some of the Oxbow "vitamin" hay tablets which she LOVES. she gets urinary support and digestive support, and I will be in SERIOUS trouble if Oxbow ever discontinues them because she will just sit there and scream all day long (instead of most of the day haha as she tries to bribe people for treats). Her favorite veggies are carrots and lettuce and then she occasionally gets some fruit thrown in as a snack. she is SO rotten - i have created quite the monster :laugh:

Mowgli is pretty much an Oxbow pig too since we get food and hay from them at a discounted price. He wasn't a fan of the actual Vit C tablets so he just gets the drops in his water. Carrots and lettuce are his favorite too with an apple thrown in the mix. He's pretty picky about other treats though. I had timothy hay ones that he didn't like. My mom got him some other treats for Christmas so we'll see if he likes those at all.

Do I want to know what exactly the staff were doing to get her pregnant???:eek:

;)

putting the boy(s) with her "accidentally" :rolleyes:

i actually planned on adopting her baby boys that day and ended up liking her better :) and then i basically fell in love instantly :love:

Mowgli is pretty much an Oxbow pig too since we get food and hay from them at a discounted price. He wasn't a fan of the actual Vit C tablets so he just gets the drops in his water. Carrots and lettuce are his favorite too with an apple thrown in the mix. He's pretty picky about other treats though. I had timothy hay ones that he didn't like. My mom got him some other treats for Christmas so we'll see if he likes those at all.

I started with Oxbow orchard grass when i first got Penny because I'm obscenely allergic to timothy hay and I was about a year shy of all the other companies jumping on board with the "specialty" hays. then came the hay tabs because they looked cool haha. last was the pellets because petco stopped carrying the brand i used to use. she has some of the banana treats by oxbow from christmas that she thinks are pretty great.

Penny is super picky about treats too. wouldn't catch her eating peppers! or tomatoes haha

My girls are Oxbow pigs too! They'd be on vit C supplements if their peppers didn't have like 2 or 3 days worth in a single (x-large) serving! I've tried giving my girls a variety of veggies, though some were blacklisted for being too high in calcium and oxylates. :eek:

putting the boy(s) with her "accidentally" :rolleyes:

i actually planned on adopting her baby boys that day and ended up liking her better :) and then i basically fell in love instantly :love:

I started with Oxbow orchard grass when i first got Penny because I'm obscenely allergic to timothy hay and I was about a year shy of all the other companies jumping on board with the "specialty" hays. then came the hay tabs because they looked cool haha. last was the pellets because petco stopped carrying the brand i used to use. she has some of the banana treats by oxbow from christmas that she thinks are pretty great.

Penny is super picky about treats too. wouldn't catch her eating peppers! or tomatoes haha

I thought my girls would be picky (as everything I've read says they are) and then they like to eat EVERYTHING. (They are a little on the chunky side :oops:). They don't like brussel sprouts or kiwi, but they;ll eat just about any other fruit or veggie. Oh and tomatoes are one of the foods I got blacklisted (along with spinach, broccoli, kale, and a couple others). just thought I'd share. Peppers ounce for ounce have the best vit C content. My baby eats them so fast sometimes she chokes a little on the juice. :laugh:

Do I want to know what exactly the staff were doing to get her pregnant???:eek:

;)

My girls are Oxbow pigs too! They'd be on vit C supplements if their peppers didn't have like 2 or 3 days worth in a single (x-large) serving! I've tried giving my girls a variety of veggies, though some were blacklisted for being too high in calcium and oxylates. :eek:

I thought my girls would be picky (as everything I've read says they are) and then they like to eat EVERYTHING. (They are a little on the chunky side :oops:). They don't like brussel sprouts or kiwi, but they;ll eat just about any other fruit or veggie. Oh and tomatoes are one of the foods I got blacklisted (along with spinach, broccoli, kale, and a couple others). just thought I'd share. Peppers ounce for ounce have the best vit C content. My baby eats them so fast sometimes she chokes a little on the juice. :laugh:

tomatoes and strawberries have always been on my piggie "no" list because she's a white pig. no stained fur please! (even if we do get orange and green stains :laugh:). basically if it can be found at a salad bar, Penny thinks its gross. How do I know this? When I ran out of lettuce one time, I went to the school salad bar and picked up a bunch of lettuce and then decided to find out her opinion of some toppings. It resulted in her taking them way under the couch and leaving me to retrieve them completely untouched. This was back before she developed a wire-chewing obsession and was banned from free roaming play time :laugh: She's not a huge fan of any of the berries, but other than that she thinks all fruit is pretty darn great!

My rats are Oxbow rats. I have to monitor how much I give them because it is the only commercial food that they will completely devour and not hoard.

My rats are white. They both have pink heads at the moment because whatever polyphrin they form gets groomed onto their heads. (And no, they are not sick. I never see the polyphrin build-up, just the pinkish heads). Because of that, it doesn't really matter what I give them.

Lately, they have been getting some pulp from our juicer.

They are spoiled... homemade grain, cereal nut and dried fruit mix in the morning, fresh foods at dinner time (fruits, veggies, occasionally sardines and chicken bones for iodine and calcium) and some Oxbow at night.

My rats are Oxbow rats. I have to monitor how much I give them because it is the only commercial food that they will completely devour and not hoard.

My rats are white. They both have pink heads at the moment because whatever polyphrin they form gets groomed onto their heads. (And no, they are not sick. I never see the polyphrin build-up, just the pinkish heads). Because of that, it doesn't really matter what I give them.

Lately, they have been getting some pulp from our juicer.

They are spoiled... homemade grain, cereal nut and dried fruit mix in the morning, fresh foods at dinner time (fruits, veggies, occasionally sardines and chicken bones for iodine and calcium) and some Oxbow at night.

We have a rabbit and he LOOOOVES juicer pulp. We feed him mainly fruit, veg, some grain, and a variety of hay - no pellets.

Am still slowly convincing the beau to get him fixed. But you know men and their animal's balls :laugh:

There is a two testicle limit in this house! :nono:

We have a rabbit and he LOOOOVES juicer pulp. We feed him mainly fruit, veg, some grain, and a variety of hay - no pellets.

Am still slowly convincing the beau to get him fixed. But you know men and their animal's balls :laugh:

There is a two testicle limit in this house! :nono:

Even that is pushing it. :laugh: :smuggrin:

I have two cats that entertain me to know end and I love them to death!

First in my life was Boo, who is I believe is the best and most beautiful cat in the world. She is a 5 year old who I pulled off the street.

Boo2_zps35eb6246.jpg

Then I adopted a crazy orange kitten who is now a year old and crazy as ever. She is be best cuddler and spends every night in the crook of my neck. I named her Peeka to go with Boo =D

IMG_3172_zps1f97c1f1.jpg

Then Jubilee my Welsh cob. hes got more personality in his hoof then most horses have in their entire body. He is like riding a Ferrari, handles great, low to the ground, hugs the road and his engine purrs. Hes all of 14.2 and moves like the grandest bred warmblood. I'm so smitten with him.

Fence-1_zpsa7a8a091.jpg

185014_519497914731196_1449703698_n.jpg

^ This is Gunther, our three year old Great Dane and one of the most wonderful dogs I have EVER had!

10496_549217355092585_316248167_n.jpg

^ That's Mrow Mrow, she came home to live with us when my husband and I were married. She's our honeymoon cat. :)

531705_494176953929959_240302642_n.jpg

^ Cub is our "foster failure". We did not pick her, she picked us! She was a foster, but we decided at the time that she was far to dangerous to rehome. We ended up with a decision to euthanize or keep her ourselves, THANK GOODNESS we kept her because two years later, she is the most wonderful, if neurotic, dog in the world!

481823_549226901758297_547765634_n.jpg

^ This is Loki, she's the newest addition to our family. :)

196702_217961964884794_2548797_n.jpg

^ Last but not least, my gelding Domingo! He's being leased out right now because we are living in a very non-horse friendly area. :(

534776_494175963930058_1758216036_n.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 22107

These are my babies.

Mojo, the min pin, was dropped off at my clinic with a broken pelvis. The police said he was in the bed of a pickup truck at the city park. The owner of the truck had no clue how he got there. We tried finding his owner, as he had on a collar with a frayed rope tied to it and was wearing a doggie jacket. No luck was had in finding them and I couldn't resist that face. So, he's been my little man ever since. He has had an FHO, and I'm currently contemplating hip replacement as he still limps.

And there is my beautiful Cabernet. A redbone/Plott mix that is pretty much all redbone. She is crazy, wild, and annoying. She doesn't cuddle, doesn't seem to enjoy being petted, and is extremely hard headed. I love her, but she is very frustrating. She refuses to let Mojo be dominant and is very rough on him. I break up fights on an almost daily basis.

I really want a bird, but the bf has issues with "caged" animals, so all exotics are off the table.

Made myself a microwave pizza for dinner. Problem Dog got about a third of it when I got up to use the bathroom. Guess that'll teach me. Moral of the story is Pitbulls: Very, Very Untrustworthy. And they get grease stains on your sheets. :rolleyes:

Made myself a microwave pizza for dinner. Problem Dog got about a third of it when I got up to use the bathroom. Guess that'll teach me. Moral of the story is Pitbulls: Very, Very Untrustworthy. And they get grease stains on your sheets. :rolleyes:

We put a few tags on my mom's pit's collar. She has now learned to make them jiggle loudly when she doesn't want anything to make it seem like she could never be quiet. But when she tries to steal some food, she can literally jump onto places without making any noise at all. It looks like she does it in slow motion and you can't hear a thing. :laugh:

My "new" dog Rocky comes home tomorrow! I'm so excited. I've been waiting to bring a Boston home since Thanksgiving and this one in particular for over a month now. I'll post pictures of him and my Chi (and probably the pigs too) once he's here.

My family recently put to sleep our two cats. Tigger (the one wearing the sweater, b/c he was always cold) was 15 years old and just collapsed one day early November. He was "my" cat but unfortunately I wasn't there when they put him to sleep because I'm away from home for grad school. He was seriously *the* sweetest animal I've ever met- a few behavioral and health problems, but an absolute darling. Simba (the orange one) was 17 years old with advanced cancer; we put him to sleep while I was home for winter break last week. I loved him, of course, but he was my mom + sister's favorite, so they're taking his death incredibly hard. He was a very independent + outspoken cat- if he wanted food, cuddles, the dog to go away from him, etc., he made it known. Tigger was our 'Lamb' and Simba was our 'Lion.' He and Tigger didn't get along too well b/c they were male cats that weren't raised together (Tigger lived w/my dad until he was about 5-6), but as they got older they became more comfortable together.

I haven't lived at home full-time for over 2 years, so I got used to not having them around all the time, but it's still hard. And weird. And surreal. I honestly have very few memories of life before Simba- I'm 24 so I've "grown up" with him. And Tigger was pretty much my baby. But they were old, and tired, and they're resting now.

It feels nice to share this w/other people who love animals the way that I do and can understand the way I feel about my pets. Thanks for listening. :)

Attachments

• the boys.jpg.zip
    556.5 KB · Views: 91
I will add some pictures of my kitty... (who will hopefully be moving to Scotland with me in September, that is if I can get over my fear of putting her on a plane for a very long journey).

This is Na'Vi... I got her right after my graduation from undergrad (3 years ago in June)..

Kitten picture:

Na' Vi baby.jpg

Recent pictures from this past Christmas:

Posing as Rudolph... she is not amused as you can tell...

Na' vi 7.jpg

She decided to lay with me and watch TV, yes she watches TV...

Na' vi 6.jpg

In a box...

na' vi 5.jpg

Making the other cat in the house really angry (one of her favorite things to do).... The other cat's name is PJ.

na'vi and pj.jpg

I'll share my little guys, too!

This is Oliver. He was left on a doorstep as a puppy when a family moved away. We don't know how long the box of babies and mama were there before they were found. He's a handsome little guy. He's roughly a 26 lb long-haired dachshund looking thing. (not exactly sure what he is!)
cutievoo.jpg

His coat has changed a lot since he was a puppy! Used to be very dappled and grey.
babyvooitchy.jpg

This is Phineas. He has luxurious ears, loves to eat, had surgery for IVDD about 2 years ago, and loves to eat. Did I mention he loves to eat?
earsofluxury.jpg

dapplephin.jpg

And this is Sebastian, our newest addition. I found him on the way home from the clinic I worked at and fell in love with the little guy. He's got dachshund in him, curvy legs, big ol' paddle feet, and long body. We assume poodle or terrier for the rest!
bashieful.jpg

bashie2.jpg

And here is a terrible picture of my grumpy old man, Spirit (just to add some more horsies to the mix of pics). I love that guy. Had him since I was 11.

Wish I had better pictures, but this year has been tough for him. He keeps trying to keel over on me! EPM, laminitis....yeesh!
grumpyspirit.jpg

We have way too many animals at home to show them all, so I'll just put the ones that are actually "mine."

sheila.jpg
This is my cat, Sheila. She's a former research kitty. She has the most personality of any cat I've ever known!

bruce.jpg
This is my dog Bruce Wayne!

stone.jpg
My horse, Stone, who is 23 now. He's getting older, but still enjoys a good trail ride now and then.

tulip.jpg
Finally, my very first horse, Tulip. She is 28 and just hangs out in the pasture now with one of our other horses, Ginger.

I am heading to Cornell this fall for my first year with my group of pets!

I have a 4 year old greyhound named Ichabod that I adopted from West Virginia, where he had raced at a track for two years. I also have a 3 year old French bulldog named Evelyn who was adopted as a former breeder from a shelter in Atlanta.

I also have two cats I adopted from previous owners through craigslist: Loki, a 3 year old Sphynx, and Athena, a 3 year old Persian. Loki is practically a dog though. Unfortunately I lost my 11 month old DMH last summer to heart failure due to her persistent truncus arteriosus.

All four are social butterflies, so hopefully some of you will get to meet them! They are all incredibly sweet! I also have a 135 gallon saltwater aquarium that will be coming with me.

Attachments

• loki.jpg
    loki.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 90
  • evelyn.jpg
    evelyn.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 88
  • ichabod.jpg
    ichabod.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 82
  • athena.jpg
    athena.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 82
I am heading to Cornell this fall for my first year with my group of pets!

I have a 4 year old greyhound named Ichabod that I adopted from West Virginia, where he had raced at a track for two years. I also have a 3 year old French bulldog named Evelyn who was adopted as a former breeder from a shelter in Atlanta.

I also have two cats I adopted from previous owners through craigslist: Loki, a 3 year old Sphynx, and Athena, a 3 year old Persian. Loki is practically a dog though. Unfortunately I lost my 11 month old DMH last summer to heart failure due to her persistent truncus arteriosus.

All four are social butterflies, so hopefully some of you will get to meet them! They are all incredibly sweet! I also have a 135 gallon saltwater aquarium that will be coming with me.

I. Want. To. Snuggle. Loki.

Seriously, I'm swooning over here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile