Disability insurance medical exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acl3623

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those of you who have undergone DI medical exams for underwriting purposes, what are the specific labs they test for? Im getting mine through Guardian and they told me to be ready to give blood and urine.

I think im being overly paranoid, but I've had a cold for a few days and have been taking dayquil/nyquil round the clock. I know urine drug tests can have lots of false positives, and I'm afraid phenylephrine will test + for amphetamines...should I postpone my test for next week to give me time to clear it out??

Members don't see this ad.

for those of you who have undergone DI medical exams for underwriting purposes, what are the specific labs they test for? Im getting mine through Guardian and they told me to be ready to give blood and urine.

I think im being overly paranoid, but I've had a cold for a few days and have been taking dayquil/nyquil round the clock. I know urine drug tests can have lots of false positives, and I'm afraid phenylephrine will test + for amphetamines...should I postpone my test for next week to give me time to clear it out??

It might be (+), might be (-)... who knows? This is why the UDS blows, especially the amphetamine screen - the sluttiest of all immunoassays.

Technically speaking, any (+) test on a UDS requires GC/MS... but this is not cheap to the insurer. They'd probably have you redrop - if not, you can request confirmation with GC/MS.

Make sure you disclose your OTC use, though... if you don't & you're (+) then you have a problem.

Cheers!
-d

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Everything under the sun. As far as tox though. I think it was like cannabis, beta blockers, tobacco, and maybe some other hard core drugs.

Members don't see this ad :)
cbc, cmp, lipid panel, hgb, A1C, hiv, the UDS is actually a pretty specific one if I remember and does include tobacco. Not your typical run of the mil UDS, iirc