HELP I Cant Stop Sneezing !!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homer Doughnuts

Homer Doughnuts
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a medical entomology exam on Thursday but I have a cold and can’t stop sneezing. It kind of makes it hard to study, anyone have a cure for sneezing ???

Members don't see this ad.

Homer Doughnuts said:
I have a medical entomology exam on Thursday but I have a cold and can’t stop sneezing. It kind of makes it hard to study, anyone have a cure for sneezing ???
touch your finger to the top of your upper lip right below the middle of ur nostrils. that always helps. then stick your right foot out and turn to the right for thirty seconds. and then shake it all about. i promise, it works.

virilep said:
touch your finger to the top of your upper lip right below the middle of ur nostrils. that always helps. then stick your right foot out and turn to the right for thirty seconds. and then shake it all about. i promise, it works.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: seriously stick your tongue on the roof of your mouth. that either stops sneezing or the hiccups, i forget which but i think it's the sneezing..yea i'm pretty sure

Members don't see this ad :)
Psycho Doctor said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: seriously stick your tongue on the roof of your mouth. that either stops sneezing or the hiccups, i forget which but i think it's the sneezing..yea i'm pretty sure

Or you could pray. Ain't that right psychodoctor? God always answers every prayer - even requests to stop endless bouts of sneezing. Let's hold hands in prayer....

GuyLaroche said:
Or you could pray. Ain't that right psychodoctor? God always answers every prayer - even requests to stop endless bouts of sneezing. Let's hold hands in prayer....
um no :confused:

GuyLaroche said:

500+ posts and I am still yet to read a meaningful one.

virilep said:

Seriously, that worked for like 10 minutes but there back !!!!! Maybe I should try turning to the left, perhaps its an "inner ear thing” :confused:

duct tape. it fixes everything. :)

VPDcurt said:
500+ posts and I am still yet to read a meaningful one.
yea i know; i'm still trying to figure him out

Homer Doughnuts said:
Do I stick it up my nose ??
just wrap your nose up in duct tape and then breath through ur nose.... or pray... supposedly that works. hahaha. but i always use that trick i talked about... but if ur still sneezing, take some sudafed. that'll clear u up.

Homer Doughnuts said:
Do I stick it up my nose ??

No, tape your mouth and your nose shut...but do so with caution, because it might make your head explode.

Or you could try a coffee enema. Don't use esspresso though, that can over-caffinate you and can cause jitteryness, anxiety, heart palpitations, tachycardia, hyperactivity, and it can cause nasty withdrawal headaches...

Okay, seriously, benadryl might work for the sneezing. Or cold medicine.

FutureDrCynthia said:
No, tape your mouth and your nose shut...but do so with caution, because it might make your head explode.

Or you could try a coffee enema. Don't use esspresso though, that can over-caffinate you and can cause jitteryness, anxiety, heart palpitations, tachycardia, hyperactivity, and it can cause nasty withdrawal headaches...

Ill get back to you on the cold medicine, for now im going to Starbucks to get some FRENCH ROAST :laugh:

FutureDrCynthia said:

Benadryl works for allergies, cold medicine for colds. Benadryl will make you too out of it for studies though (if it IS an allergy). I reccomend Alavert (or a generic store brand). It melts under your tongue, starts working in 10 minutes and works for 24 hours without side effects. I love it!!!

Homer Doughnuts said:
you know...something i just noticed. from ur signature, u could take your own advice... ;-)

myodana said:
duct tape. it fixes everything. :)
There are special kudos in my labs for excessive use of duct tape. :)

I think I'm allergic to just about everything (especially Los Angeles -I get within 20 miles of downtown and I'm sneezing so hard I bump into things). Half of my poor fam has been desensitized with allergy shots.

I'll second the Alavert recommendation. There are some non-drowsy daytime versions of Benadryl, but really the over-the-counter Claritin or Claritin-D (decongestant) do the trick. Nowadays they come in 24-hour form. If it gets really bad and you have the lame allergy headache in your sinuses, it might be worth looking into Allegra, Zyrtec, or Clarinex. They work differently for different people, but for me they clear up the allergy haze.

So long as I'm not racing in LA, after a while, the outrageous sneezing is sorta funny!

I went the Antihistamine route; I think the sneezing was secondary to a runny nose. Thanks for all the good input; you all have clearly demonstrated your clinical skill in a real world situation. If anyone needs a LOR don't hesitate to ask !!!!!! :laugh:

Homer Doughnuts said:

Immune system enhancements: Zinc, Echinacea, Vitamin C
Antihistamine: Claritin/Loratadine (the only over the counter non-sedating antihistamine)
Decongestant: Suphedrine or Phenyephrine (if needed)

OSUdoc08 said:
Immune system enhancements: Zinc, Echinacea, Vitamin C
Antihistamine: Claritin/Loratadine (the only over the counter non-sedating antihistamine)
Decongestant: Suphedrine or Phenyephrine (if needed)

Yeah dude, I've been rockin the Vitamin C, its good stuff. But seriously, everyone has this damn cold !!!!!