Official 2008 Secondary Essay Prompts Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just FYI, I got an e-mail from my CU pre-med advisor that University of Colorado is planning on sending out secondary invites the week of August 20th. They should be unscreened.

Nate.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was just wondering what the "cutoffs" were that you were mentioning for UCLA. Also, are you a CA resident or do u go to school in CA? Thanks!

The cuts are a mystery. No one can really say what those cut-offs are. UCLA is sending them out in sets, so unless you applied early, I believe you should get it soon. However, everyone who I spoke to actually said they were CA residents, including myself. Everything is a mystery. I wouldn't assume you were "cut" until you get an e-mail or it's march and they still do not ask you to fill out the secondary. Be patient.

Why are people complaining about how long the Duke secondary is in another thread already? I didn't know it was out... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone get anything from Harvard or Northwestern?

Hmm, I thought Harvard was posted already. I got Harvard 3 days ago. Let me double-check to make sure it's not posted yet.

A lot of people have gotten Northwestern already...except me :(

It's a PDF file with a link to their secondary.

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in applying to Harvard Medical School. We have been notified that you have listed Harvard as one of
your designated AMCAS schools and are pleased to send you these instructions for completing our online Supplemental
Application for Admission.

As you make a decision about submitting the Harvard Medical School supplemental application, you should read carefully the
sections of our website which describe our programs, requirements, and selection factors. Although there is no application cutoff
in terms of grade point average or MCAT scores, academic excellence is expected. The mean GPA of the students selected for
admission has been 3.8, with a range that is broader. Similarly, the MCAT scores of matriculants most commonly are in the
double digits with a range that includes scores in keeping with the national averages. We do take into consideration the level of
courses taken when considering academic performance. Honors courses and independent study or research are noted. In addition,
the successful matriculant will have substantive out-of-classroom experiences indicating humanitarian concerns, leadership
potential, and an aptitude for working with people. We welcome applications from students representing groups that historically
have had few members in the field of medicine.
If you feel that you are a competitive applicant, you should complete the online supplemental application and submit it
electronically to the Office of the Committee on Admissions as soon as possible. All supporting material should be submitted no
later than November 1.
Thank you again for your interest in Harvard Medical School. We wish you well in this important endeavor.

Instructions for Completing the Online Supplemental Application to Harvard
Medical School
Application Form
The Supplemental Application is available on the World Wide Web at https://application.med.harvard.edu. It must be
submitted electronically; no hard copies or facsimiles will be accepted. All applications must be submitted no later than
November 1, 2007, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time; no exceptions will be made.

Then you choose whether you want to apply to the New Pathway Program, the HST Program, or the MD/PhD program (or all of the above).

The only essay that is required is if you have been out of school.
If you have already graduated, briefly (4000 characters max) summarize your activities since graduation

Hey,

Has any one received Duke's secondary? I think it is one secondary that everyone would like to see. Thank you guys for your contributions to this forum. It really helps a lot in preparing before the swarm of the secondaries!

Does anyone have an approximate character or word length for loyola's essays?

Does anyone have an approximate character or word length for loyola's essays?

I'm pretty sure Loyola has a "suggested" maximum number of 25 lines per essay. No specific word/character limit though.

It's a PDF file with a link to their secondary.

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in applying to Harvard Medical School. We have been notified that you have listed Harvard as one of
your designated AMCAS schools and are pleased to send you these instructions for completing our online Supplemental
Application for Admission.

As you make a decision about submitting the Harvard Medical School supplemental application, you should read carefully the
sections of our website which describe our programs, requirements, and selection factors. Although there is no application cutoff
in terms of grade point average or MCAT scores, academic excellence is expected. The mean GPA of the students selected for
admission has been 3.8, with a range that is broader. Similarly, the MCAT scores of matriculants most commonly are in the
double digits with a range that includes scores in keeping with the national averages. We do take into consideration the level of
courses taken when considering academic performance. Honors courses and independent study or research are noted. In addition,
the successful matriculant will have substantive out-of-classroom experiences indicating humanitarian concerns, leadership
potential, and an aptitude for working with people. We welcome applications from students representing groups that historically
have had few members in the field of medicine.
If you feel that you are a competitive applicant, you should complete the online supplemental application and submit it
electronically to the Office of the Committee on Admissions as soon as possible. All supporting material should be submitted no
later than November 1.
Thank you again for your interest in Harvard Medical School. We wish you well in this important endeavor.

Instructions for Completing the Online Supplemental Application to Harvard
Medical School
Application Form
The Supplemental Application is available on the World Wide Web at https://application.med.harvard.edu. It must be
submitted electronically; no hard copies or facsimiles will be accepted. All applications must be submitted no later than
November 1, 2007, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time; no exceptions will be made.

Then you choose whether you want to apply to the New Pathway Program, the HST Program, or the MD/PhD program (or all of the above).

The only essay that is required is if you have been out of school.
If you have already graduated, briefly (4000 characters max) summarize your activities since graduation
Thanks

I'm pretty sure Loyola has a "suggested" maximum number of 25 lines per essay. No specific word/character limit though.

Yeah, I know, I was just wondering what is reasonable. I approximately what 25 lines on word is, but is it the same once it is entered in the application. To me, it seems most of these questions could be answered in approximately 1500 characters. I was just curious on how much other people were doing, in a character length count. What people think is too long, whats too short, etc.

If anyone is curious, HMS says that sending letters through Interfolio is okay. I say this because their supplemental instructions said they wanted letters directly from the author with their letterhead, etc. I wanted to clarify if a third-party service was alright with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
How quickly did these schools send you secondaries? I have been verified for almost three weeks and no word from them yet.

NYMC
Upstate
UVM

Question 1: Please explain your reasons for applying to the UI Carver College of Medicine. We understand that you are probably applying to several medical schools. We are interested in learning why you included the Carver College of Medicine on your list of medical schools.

Question 2: Please describe any unique personal characteristics you have that will contribute to the diversity of and bring educational benefits to the entering class.

Question 3: What else would you like the Admissions Committee to know about you? If you are a reapplicant to the Carver College of Medicine, please include how you have strengthened your application. If you are not in a degree-seeking program, please indicate what you will be doing from the time you complete this application to the start of medical school.
Got the password/login info in the mail today. There is an annoying page on the "final application" form that asks you to re-enter the courses that meet Iowa's course requirements. Each of the essays has a 1500 character limit, including spaces.

How quickly did these schools send you secondaries? I have been verified for almost three weeks and no word from them yet.

NYMC
Upstate
UVM

ive been verified for about a month and a half, and i still havent heard from Upstate yet either :rolleyes: where is the in-state love??

Yeah, I know, I was just wondering what is reasonable. I approximately what 25 lines on word is, but is it the same once it is entered in the application. To me, it seems most of these questions could be answered in approximately 1500 characters. I was just curious on how much other people were doing, in a character length count. What people think is too long, whats too short, etc.

Use the print preview to approximate how much room you have. I'm fairly certain their limit is on the printed version, because you will be submitting the secondary by mail. In my experience, it's about 250 words.

So weird, U Cincinnati doesn't have essays...

just some yes/no questions...

or am I crazy? Thought maybe a few pages hadn't uploaded, but I can't find any essay prompts.

I think the currently-posted Boston University secondary questions are off; there is an optional essay as eyeball mentioned, but he/she also posted one that you don't have to answer if you answer "yes" to a previous question. There's an essay question asking for educational history, and it doesn't seem to be optional.

The correct two general essay prompts should be:

Please provide a narrative or timeline to describe any features of your educational history that you think may be part of particular interest to us: (2000 character limit, approximately 400 words)

And the optional essay:

While we no longer require an essay, we find that some applicants feel that additional information is necessary in order to provide us with a comprehensive understanding of their strengths as a candidate for a career in medicine. If you wish to use the space below to offer an essay or any other information, up to a total of 500 words, addressing any issue you feel is of importance, feel free to do so. If you choose to use the space, please do not duplicate information provided elsewhere in this supplemental application or in material you have submitted to AMCAS. Use this optional section only if you believe that the additional information will help us to learn something about you as a person, to get a sense of who you are and what you are about, beyond the basic facts of your academic work and your life history as it is otherwise available to us.

The educational narrative question on the BU secondary is optional. I think it is just asking in case there is something unusual you want to explain, time away from school, semester abroad, summer courses...they seem to discourage extra essays....

The educational narrative question on the BU secondary is optional. I think it is just asking in case there is something unusual you want to explain, time away from school, semester abroad, summer courses...they seem to discourage extra essays....

Really? It doesn't say anywhere that it's optional, so I assumed it was required.

Links to Available Secondary Prompts

Albany Medical College - online, e-mail invite
Albert Einstein - online, e-mail invite
Baylor - online
Boston & update - e-mail invite
Brown - e-mail
Case Western - e-mail invite
Cincinnati - e-mail invite
Columbia - email invite
Cornell - email invitation
Creighton
Dartmouth - online
GW - email invitation
ECU (Brody) - email invite
Eastern Virginia Medical School - email invitation
Emory - e-mail invite, on or before August 15th
ETSU-Quillen
FSU - email invitation
Georgetown - e-mail invite
Harvard - e-mail invite
Indiana - Snail mail
Jefferson - e-mail invite
Johns Hopkins - online
Loyola - snail mail invite, online application
Marshall
MCW - e-mail invite, no essays
Meharry - online
MSU-CHM - email invitation
Mt. Sinai - email
MUSC - E-mail invite
Northwestern
NYU and also NYU
New York Medical College- online via email invite, no essays involved
Ohio state - email invitation
Penn State - email
Pitt - e-mail invite
Rosalind Franklin
SLU - e-mail invite
South Carolina - e-mail invite
SUNY Downstate - e-mail invite
SUNY Upstate - e-mail invite
Temple
Tufts
Tulane - online
University of Alabama - unknown
U at Buffalo - no essays
UChicago-Pritzker - e-mail invite
UCincinnati
UCLA (Geffen) - email invite
UConn - online
UCSD - email invite, 2 page personal statement
UF- email
UIC - e-mail invite
UIowa
UKentucky - e-mail invite
U of Louisville - e-mail invite
UMaryland
UMDNJ-RWJMS - e-mail invitation, no essays
UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School - email invite
UMiami - e-mail invite
UMichigan - e-mail invite
UMinn Duluth - e-mail invite
UMC - e-mail invite
UNC- e-mail invite
UPenn - e-mail invite, no essays
USUHS - e-mail invite
UTSW - TMDSAS should be submitted first
Rochester - snail mail invite, no essays
UOk - e-mail invite
USC (Keck) - e-mail
USF - e-mail invite
UVA
UVermont - e-mail invite, no essays
UWisc - e-mail Invite
VCU
Wake Forest - email Invite
WashU - email invite
Wayne State - snail mail
Yale - online

This Year's Official Secondary Discussion Thread
Last Year's 2007 Secondary Thread

Rochester

Congratulations on being selected for an interview at the University of Rochester Medical Center. Interviews at Rochester are done "blind," which means that the faculty interviewing you will not have access to your application materials or academic credentials. The interviewer will know your name, undergraduate college or university, degree program and year of graduation, and your four most important extra-curricular/volunteer experiences (as entered by you below). We do "blind" interviews intentionally because we want the interview to focus on you, the individual, and not on your grades or test scores.

Please briefly list your four (4) most significant extra-curricular/volunteer experiences (add one at a time).

To further help our interviewers, we ask that you write a brief paragraph in response to the two questions listed below (no more than a half-page/question). Please complete these questions one week prior to your interview.

Thank you in advance for completing these questions. We look forward to meeting you personally and appreciate your interest in Rochester.

1. What interests do you hope to continue or develop as you pursue your medical education at Rochester? [ My Answer ]
2. Currently, knowing you may change your mind, what medical career pathway (academic, private practice, specialty area) are you considering, and what factors have contributed to your choice? [ My Answer ]

Baylor - online
Brown - e-mail
Columbia - email invite
Creighton
Dartmouth - online
GW - email invitation
ETSU-Quillen
FSU - email invitation
Harvard - e-mail invite
Indiana - Snail mail
Johns Hopkins - online
Marshall
Meharry - online
Mt. Sinai - email
MUSC - E-mail invite
Northwestern
NYU and also NYU
Penn State - email
Pitt - e-mail invite
Rosalind Franklin
SLU - e-mail invite
Temple
Tufts
Tulane - online
U at Buffalo - no essays
UCincinnati
UConn - online
UF- email
UIC - e-mail invite
UIowa
UMaryland
UMiami - e-mail invite
UMC - e-mail invite
UNC- e-mail invite
USUHS - e-mail invite
Rochester - snail mail invite, no secondary essays, interview essays
UOk - e-mail invite
USC (Keck) - e-mail
USF - e-mail invite
UVA
UWisc - e-mail Invite
VCU
WashU - email invite
Wayne State - snail mail
Yale - online

On the BU application, the explanation of years skipped between high school and college/college and medical school are both listed as required. However, the educational history explanation essay neither says optional or required explicitly. I got the same feeling from the application instructions that others got: BU doesn't seem to be too big on essays. So therefore, I did not write anything in the educational history space because there is nothing obviously unusual in my history.

Um wow. So Rush is out...

1. Describe two examples of working with people, one of which highlights your leadership skills and one which highlights your problem solving abilities. (1000 characters)

2. Please describe 1-2 experiences you have had working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and what you have gained from these experiences. (1000 characters)

3.State one major problem you encountered during the past several years and explain how you responded to it. (1000 characters)

4. Describe the path you took to prepare, both academically and personally, for a career in medicine. (1000 characters)

5. List other careers you considered:
a.
b.
c.

6.Does your academic record show a time gap or reflect a non-traditional calendar?:
If Yes, give dates and explain. (1000 characters)

7. List interests (outside of academics) in order of importance to you, with a. being the most important:
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.

8. Indicate whether you have skills/accomplishments/honors in any of the following areas:
Select all that apply
a.
Artistic endeavors - painting, drawing, sculpting, writing, design.
b.
Entrepreneurial - have you started your own business.
c.
Athletics - Minimally at the college varsity level
d.
Performance Art - music, theatre, dance
e.
Publications
f.
Research
g.
Other
Briefly describe:
BeSpecific:
(250 chars) :

9. Indicate your planned activities between July 2007 and September, 2008: (1000 characters)

10. Have you ever been convicted of a crime, or pleaded guilty and been placed on probation, court supervision or another preconviction program? A "Yes" answer does not automatically result in your disqualification for admission to Rush Medical College. (1000 characters)
If YES please describe:

On the second page:
3. Separate from the previous 2 questions, have you had experiences in which you
were responsible for the care of others?: (1000 characters max)
Describe:

Harvard only requires you to put in the number of hours you worked per week in the four years you attended college. There is also a section for re-applicants.

duke is out. email invite.

Baylor - online
Brown - e-mail
Columbia - email invite
Creighton
Dartmouth - online
GW - email invitation
ETSU-Quillen
FSU - email invitation
Harvard - e-mail invite
Indiana - Snail mail
Johns Hopkins - online
Marshall
Meharry - online
Mt. Sinai - email
MUSC - E-mail invite
Northwestern
NYU and also NYU
Penn State - email
Pitt - e-mail invite
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
SLU - e-mail invite
Temple
Tufts
Tulane - online
U at Buffalo - no essays
UCincinnati
UConn - online
UF- email
UIC - e-mail invite
UIowa
UMaryland
UMiami - e-mail invite
UMC - e-mail invite
UNC- e-mail invite
USUHS - e-mail invite
UOk - e-mail invite
USC (Keck) - e-mail
USF - e-mail invite
UVA
UWisc - e-mail Invite
VCU
WashU - email invite
Wayne State - snail mail
Yale - online

Baylor - online
Brown - e-mail
Columbia - email invite
Creighton
Dartmouth - online
GW - email invitation
ETSU-Quillen
FSU - email invitation
Harvard - e-mail invite
Indiana - Snail mail
Johns Hopkins - online
Mayo Medical School - Payment required just to look at primary application? Additional secondary application/fee unknown
Marshall
Meharry - online
Mt. Sinai - email
MUSC - E-mail invite
Northwestern
NYU and also NYU
Penn State - email
Pitt - e-mail invite
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
SLU - e-mail invite
Temple
Tufts
Tulane - online
U at Buffalo - no essays
UCincinnati
UConn - online
UF- email
UIC - e-mail invite
UIowa
UMaryland
UMiami - e-mail invite
UMC - e-mail invite
UNC- e-mail invite
USUHS - e-mail invite
UOk - e-mail invite
USC (Keck) - e-mail
USF - e-mail invite
UVA
UWisc - e-mail Invite
VCU
WashU - email invite
Wayne State - snail mail
Yale - online

In another thread it was mentioned that Mayo has canned the telephone interview and will be doing the essay thing this year. This may be a rumor, but I hope it's true.

University of Missouri - Columbia (Mizzou)

Email invitation, online application, essay format:

1) Additional Information Essay: Please describe any element within your candidacy not fully addressed on the AMCAS application that you want the Admissions Committee to consider. (2000 characters max.)

2) Diversity Essay: Please outline how you might add to the overall diversity of the medical school and the practice of medicine. This could reference specific personal traits, education, life experiences, etc. (2000 characters max.)

3) Reapplication Essay (Reapplicants only): In the space provided below, please provide the Admissions Committee with a brief application history (including when you first applied and the number of application attempts). Please discuss any counseling that you may have sought from the Admissions Office; and most importantly, please describe in detail the ways in which this application is superior to previous applications. (3000 characters max.)

$75 application fee, photo requested.

Baylor - online
Brown - e-mail
Columbia - email invite
Creighton
Dartmouth - online
GW - email invitation
ETSU-Quillen
FSU - email invitation
Harvard - e-mail invite
Indiana - Snail mail
Johns Hopkins - online
Mayo Medical School - Payment required just to look at primary application? Additional secondary application/fee unknown
Marshall
Meharry - online
Mt. Sinai - email
MUSC - E-mail invite
Northwestern
NYU and also NYU
Penn State - email
Pitt - e-mail invite
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
SLU - e-mail invite
Temple
Tufts
Tulane - online
U at Buffalo - no essays
UCincinnati
UConn - online
UF- email
UIC - e-mail invite
UIowa
UMaryland
UMiami - e-mail invite
UMC - e-mail invite
U Missouri - email invite
UNC- e-mail invite
USUHS - e-mail invite
UOk - e-mail invite
USC (Keck) - e-mail
USF - e-mail invite
UVA
UWisc - e-mail Invite
VCU
WashU - email invite
Wayne State - snail mail
Yale - online

Have a lot of people heard from Wayne State? In or out of state? I'm in state and haven't heard anything. :( Also, has anybody heard from Drexel or Toledo yet?

Have a lot of people heard from Wayne State? In or out of state? I'm in state and haven't heard anything. :( Also, has anybody heard from Drexel or Toledo yet?

No one's heard from Drexel yet. Someone reported on a separate thread that the school would send them out in the next couple of weeks.

Here's Duke- It is just as beastly as expected.

There are NO character limits:

Essay One:
What is the most significant moral or ethical dilemma that you have faced in your life (excluding academic dishonesty)? Describe how you dealt with and potentially resolved it, including beliefs, resources, individuals, etc. How did this dilemma and its resolution change your life and what, if any, impact will this have on your future as a health care provider?

Essay Two:
From among the activities and experiences listed in your AMCAS application, please select one activity or experience that has most impacted your decision to undertake a career in health care. Please describe your role in the activity/experience and how this activity helped you make the decision to apply to medical school.

Essay Three:
How will you add a unique dimension to our medical school community? In answering this question, please also describe your greatest strength? What is your most significant vulnerability? Please understand that the "strength/vulnerability" questions will in fact require two distinct/separate responses; they are two different questions. They are both important but not necessarily related.

Essay Four:
In addition to academic and intellectual achievement, what do you believe are the three most important qualities that a physician or physician/scientist must have to be successful in the current health care environment and why.

Essay Five:
What has been your most humbling experience and how will that experience affect your interactions with your peers and patients?

Essay Six:
What relationship in your life has best prepared you for a life as a physician?

Yes...gotta LOVE Duke...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Welcome to the Duke University School of Medicine Supplemental Application. We would like to thank you for your interest in attending the Duke University School of Medicine. All applicants to the Duke University School of Medicine are required to complete the supplemental application. Please follow the directions carefully to be certain that you have completed all the required stepsof the application process. You should be aware that unless you have an unusually strong portfolio, the Committee on Admissions does not look favorably on applicants with grade point averages (GPA) below 3.2.

No recommendation letters until they tell you to do so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you ever been accepted or deferred admission to ANY medical school? If yes, please explain:

Has any previous behavior(s) resulted in any review or action by a judicial committee? Have you ever received an Honor code and/or conduct violation at any time while enrolled as a full or part-time student? If yes to either question, please explain in detail.

What is the most significant moral or ethical dilemma that you have faced in your life (excluding academic dishonesty)? Describe how you dealt with and potentially resolved it, including beliefs, resources, individuals, etc. How did this dilemma and its resolution change your life and what, if any, impact will this have on your future as a health care provider?
(There are no character limits)​

From among the activities and experiences listed in your AMCAS application, please select one activity or experience that has most impacted your decision to undertake a career in health care. Please describe your role in the activity/experience and how this activity helped you make the decision to apply to medical school.
(There are no character limits)​

How will you add a unique dimension to our medical school community? In answering this question, please also describe your greatest strength? What is your most significant vulnerability? Please understand that the "strength/vulnerability" questions will in fact require two distinct/separate responses; they are two different questions. They are both important but not necessarily related.

(There are no character limits)

In addition to academic and intellectual achievement, what do you believe are the three most important qualities that a physician or physician/scientist must have to be successful in the current health care environment and why.

What has been your most humbling experience and how will that experience affect your interactions with your peers and patients?

What relationship in your life has best prepared you for a life as a physician?

Not too bad? Consider that I've already written on these topics for other schools...but I still can't believe this...these are ALL required:idea::idea::scared:

Email? Snail?

I haven't recieved anything.

stony brook secondary is finally out!!!

http://www.stonybrookmedicalcenter.org/documents/som/2008Application.pdf

very hard questions too

10. In your opinion, what contemporary medical issue needs to be addressed in the U.S. healthcare system and why?
11. Describe an obstacle you’ve overcome and how it has defined you.
12. In your intellectual development and preparation for a medical career, which non-science college course has been most valuable? Why?​

Baylor - online
Brown - e-mail
Columbia - email invite
Creighton
Dartmouth - online
Duke
ETSU-Quillen
FSU - email invitation
GW - email invitation
Harvard - e-mail invite
Indiana - Snail mail
Johns Hopkins - online
Marshall
Meharry - online
Mt. Sinai - email
MUSC - E-mail invite
Northwestern
NYU and also NYU
Penn State - email
Pitt - e-mail invite
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
SLU - e-mail invite
Stony Brook
Temple
Tufts
Tulane - online
U at Buffalo - no essays
UCincinnati
UConn - online
UF- email
UIC - e-mail invite
UIowa
UMaryland
UMiami - e-mail invite
UMC - e-mail invite
U Missouri - email invite
UNC- e-mail invite
USUHS - e-mail invite
UOk - e-mail invite
USC (Keck) - e-mail
USF - e-mail invite
UVA
UWisc - e-mail Invite
VCU
WashU - email invite
Wayne State - snail mail
Yale - online

Well I've got a quiet inbox still, I am complete at like 20 something schools and still waiting for more secondaries.

Well I've got a quiet inbox still, I am complete at like 20 something schools and still waiting for more secondaries.
Same here, I haven't gotten anything in several days really. I'm just waiting on 4 secondaries, but they don't seem to want to come. :(

No one's heard from Drexel yet. Someone reported on a separate thread that the school would send them out in the next couple of weeks.

TO those who applied to Univ. vermont, How long after verification did you receive your secondary???

It took Vermont about 5 weeks to email me about their secondary.

Anyone hear anything new from Vandy?

Anyone hear anything new from Vandy?

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since I got the "we are processing your app" email from Vandy and they said it would be 4-6 weeks. So we'll hopefully start hearing sometime within the next 2 weeks....

Forgive me if this is a dumb question. Dartmouth allegedly doesn't screen, but their website states that they mail the secondary to the applicant after reception of AMCAS. Do I need to sit around and wait for it to show up (AMCAS was verified 3 weeks ago), or can I submit my online secondary?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question. Dartmouth allegedly doesn't screen, but their website states that they mail the secondary to the applicant after reception of AMCAS. Do I need to sit around and wait for it to show up (AMCAS was verified 3 weeks ago), or can I submit my online secondary?

The secondary is online but you have to print it out and pony express it. That said, I called and asked them this question a few days ago. The lady who I spoke with said that it would be alright if I completed the secondary and mailed it in, so go ahead and fill that baby out.