Gross Q for guys and masculine ladies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jr doctor in sd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a few interviews today for some research/etc. talk stuff. The only problem i have whenever i have ANY interviews is that my pits seem to sweat crazy!!! (gross since i am an extremely clean person).

Is there ANY deoderant out there that is ACTUALLY a REAL anti-PERSPERANT?
I've tried axe, secret (=x), degree (best so far but still not the greatest). Oh and please do not suggest old spice because i refuse to smell bad to not have a wet pit or 2 (IMO). Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

two options, go see a doctor for a prescription. If you don't want to resort to that yet, try something called Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant. I haven't used it, but I might try it. Or I've heard good things about Degree Men Clinical Protection Antiperspirant & Deodorant. So, those are your options, or at least starting points. The degree is probably not the same stuff you tried. This is like $7 for a stick

LOL at the thread title.

An anti-perspirant like Mitchum (use the stick, not the gel or semi-solid) will keep you dry, but it may leave deposits on shirts so wear a t-shirt under your dress shirt. Anything with aluminum will be effective, but some people are sensitive to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a few interviews today for some research/etc. talk stuff. The only problem i have whenever i have ANY interviews is that my pits seem to sweat crazy!!! (gross since i am an extremely clean person).

I've tried axe, secret (=x), degree (best so far but still not the greatest). Oh and please do not suggest old spice because i refuse to smell bad to not have a wet pit or 2 (IMO). Thanks all!

LOL. I use Certain Dri, it's a roll on you apply on at night, then wash off in the morning. Works extremely well...if that doesn't work your doctor can prescribe prescription strength anti perspirant. :)

Not giving medical advice here, of course, but I just watched an episode of Dr. 90210 where a guy went to get botox injections to his armpits because of excessive sweating. It's supposed to last for about half a year I think. Obviously a good anti-perspirant would be a lot cheaper. And if you're only sweating at interviews, obviously botox is overkill.

well, here's my somewhat boring anecdote as something for you to try. Anti-perspirants have always made me sweat like crazy (seriously, buckets worth!). Anyway, when I switched over to a non-antiperspirant I stopped sweating ;) It's a bit paradoxical, but whatever, it works! :D

Way back in the day, when I first was traveling through the Seas of Puberty, I had an excessive sweat problem in the ole' Underarms. Went to the doctor, they gave me a dilute solution of aluminum chloride.

IT WAS AMAZING. GO TO THE DOCTOR.

(thankfully, that problem went away, to those wondering)

I lost weight, now I sweat less. Who'd a thunk?

Way back in the day, when I first was traveling through the Seas of Puberty, I had an excessive sweat problem in the ole' Underarms. Went to the doctor, they gave me a dilute solution of aluminum chloride.

IT WAS AMAZING. GO TO THE DOCTOR.

(thankfully, that problem went away, to those wondering)

Certain-Dri is non-prescription aluminum chloride.

You can buy a product called Certain Dri over-the-counter which does the trick. You'll need to put it on every night before bed for about a week and after that the situation should be under control. After that you need to put it on every 3-4 days.

But what I use (and recommend) is a product called Drysol. As far as I know you need a prescription for it. It's the same thing as Certain Dri only on steroids. It'll kick your sweat glands' ass. :) Put it on two nights in a row and you're good for like a month. Aluminum chloride is a skin irritant though so it'll make your underarms itchy as hell the two nights you put it on. Just make sure you're really tired and put it on right before bed.

Try some good old baby powder...works wonders...

DON'T use Axe anymore...period... Axe many times CAN worsen the situation. Axe makes me sweat even more...

Members don't see this ad :)

What's wrong with old spice?

Old spice makes many great smelling varieties, and the Red Zone High Endurance works as well for me as any anti-perspirant has.

agreed. it's good enough for Bruce Campbell...
spicybruce792992dt5.jpg

certain dri for sure. after i started using it, i would do an hour of cardio and still not have sweaty pits. slight overkill, but it will definitely stop you from sweating during nerve-wracking situations.

So I'm actually a girl responding to this, but I agree with the certain-dri comments (though for me, I had to use it like every other night because it would itch or irritate sometimes).

Also, my boyfriend uses mitchum smart solid unscented which I used once because i had nothing at his place, and it is AWESOME. men get all the good stuff. i don't know when your interview is, but go out and buy one or both of these products. Also, I don't know what interview ettiquette is, but maybe you can ask to take off your coat in the room? i think it's ok to be like "i'm hot, i'm here, i'm taking this off"

Just wanted to agree with those above who've suggested that Certain product. It's really the only OTC product I've tried that's worked well for me. I just use it at night and then just any normal white deodorant stick in the morning.

If it's mostly moisture as opposed to smell that's bothering you, I would suggest leaving your blazer on. It'd be hard to soak through a blazer, and if it's navy or black, it probably wouldn't show even if you did. That trick worked for me when I went to corporate presentations in Japan in 90-degree heat with 95%+ humidity...and no AC.:laugh:

Smell is largely the result of bacteria on skin, so taking a shower and then using smth like rubbing alcohol on your pits before you put on some deodorant should keep you smelling fresh for a good # of hours.

Signed,
masculine lady.:laugh:

If it's mostly moisture as opposed to smell that's bothering you, I would suggest leaving your blazer on. It'd be hard to soak through a blazer, and if it's navy or black, it probably wouldn't show even if you did. That trick worked for me when I went to corporate presentations in Japan in 90-degree heat with 95%+ humidity...and no AC.:laugh:

Smell is largely the result of bacteria on skin, so taking a shower and then using smth like rubbing alcohol on your pits before you put on some deodorant should keep you smelling fresh for a good # of hours.

Signed,
masculine lady.:laugh:

warning: don't do this right after a shave!

I use Right Guard with the power stripe (white stick, not clear). Works well and I sweat horribly. You could try Arm and Hammer too, I used that in middle school and it worked.

speaking of deodorants, I am highly alergic to EVERY single male deodorant out there, you name it, I've tried it, and developed a crazy rash (from first time usage)

I am a guy who uses ladies deodorants, and u know what, NOT ANY ladies deodorant, oh no, most of them give me alergic reactions as well, but only the fragrance free ones haha (its been like this for about, almost 8 years now)... Imagine how imbarassing this is when I go to the gym and at the end of my workouts, I grab a Dove ~ sensitive skin and start smeering it haha.....

try baby powder

speaking of deodorants, I am highly alergic to EVERY single male deodorant out there, you name it, I've tried it, and developed a crazy rash (from first time usage)

I am a guy who uses ladies deodorants, and u know what, NOT ANY ladies deodorant, oh no, most of them give me alergic reactions as well, but only the fragrance free ones haha (its been like this for about, almost 8 years now)... Imagine how imbarassing this is when I go to the gym and at the end of my workouts, I grab a Dove ~ sensitive skin and start smeering it haha.....

Haha - just pimp it out with some wicked masculine stickers :laugh:

Um, he's a dude...I kinda assumed he didn't shave his pits...lol.:scared: :laugh:

I trim...

I thought maybe i sweat more since too much hair let the water collect but nope it has to be the crappy deoderant stick.

and its not that im overweight since i go to the gym everyday (practically).

btw im so shocked so many ppl ran into this problem and use prescription stuff!

lol. I have the same problem but with my feet. I tried to use loads of body powder but my socks still wet at the end of the day.

I wouldn't consider myself very masculine, but Certain Dri works really well (as in you need to apply it only once every 2-3 days) even if you work out.

lol. I have the same problem but with my feet. I tried to use loads of body powder but my socks still wet at the end of the day.

i think you can use certain dri on ur feet too

Ever tried wearing a tight undershirt with a slightly baggy button down?

That way the pit stains stay on the undershirt.

if it's just at interviews where this problem exists, some meditation might help more than any medication...

My forehead sweats an insane amount but nothing else on my body sweats that badly. Is there anything I can use for my forehead? Man, this question is awkward...

Well, first of all since plenty of suggestions for deoderants have already been made, I'll offer a few things that you may already have thought of but what the hell. First, it depends on where you interview...if it's cold as hell in that area, you probably won't have much to worry about, unless you're really /that/ nervous. Now if it's humid as hell, IE interviewing in Florida in August or something, then yeah that'll affect it big time which leads me to #2: just wear an undershirt under your dress shirt. I agree with kronick on that...seems like undershirt would be the easiest/most efficient solution.

Get some botox injected in there ... it stops the sweating supposedly.

Well, first of all since plenty of suggestions for deoderants have already been made, I'll offer a few things that you may already have thought of but what the hell. First, it depends on where you interview...if it's cold as hell in that area, you probably won't have much to worry about, unless you're really /that/ nervous. Now if it's humid as hell, IE interviewing in Florida in August or something, then yeah that'll affect it big time which leads me to #2: just wear an undershirt under your dress shirt. I agree with kronick on that...seems like undershirt would be the easiest/most efficient solution.
Number two is your best bet, but definitely try my deodorant suggestion up top. It was 80 degrees out the other day, I was walking through the subway (that makes it like 90), and I was wearing formal clothes (not light layers). The undershirt saved my day. You'll be surprised how much water a Hane's tshirt can hold before it leaks through. Its like a big chest diaper. ;)