The Republic of Texas X: You do NOT have multiple offers from schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We're Texas. We're OC. Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

Members don't see this ad.

we need to post twice as frequently as yesterday to reach our goal of 1000 posts.

who here is not gonna check their emails anytime between 11:59pm wednesday - 7:00am thursday? I might just stay on SDN during that time and see how many people get in where. then after the acceptances have died down, ill go check my email (and hopefully be pleasantly surprised).

Members don't see this ad :)
we need to post twice as frequently as yesterday to reach our goal of 1000 posts.

who here is not gonna check their emails anytime between 11:59pm wednesday - 7:00am thursday? I might just stay on SDN during that time and see how many people get in where. then after the acceptances have died down, ill go check my email (and hopefully be pleasantly surprised).

I have an iPhone setup with my e-mail. That's impossible!

ill give it until 2AM CST to see if i can get an email from a school... then i'll just lay in bed crying myself to sleep.

ill give it until 2AM CST to see if i can get an email from a school... then i'll just lay in bed crying myself to sleep.

Good idea. I'll eat some ice cream and braid my hair too.

Good idea. I'll eat some ice cream and braid my hair too.

:laugh:

Yeah... if most acceptances go out around 8 AMish that sucks cause I need to be at school (and I can't skip). So that means wait until I get home tomorrow night to check e-mail:thumbdown:

:laugh:

Yeah... if most acceptances go out around 8 AMish that sucks cause I need to be at school (and I can't skip). So that means wait until I get home tomorrow night to check e-mail:thumbdown:

I would find some random ridiculous way of checking my e-mail if I were you. Like, getting a family member to check it for me and text me or something. That's how bad I am.

I would find some random ridiculous way of checking my e-mail if I were you. Like, getting a family member to check it for me and text me or something. That's how bad I am.

*still pimpin that new iphone with internet access*
:p

*still pimpin that new iphone with internet access*
:p

yeah yeah yeah

I'm still excited about running water and the magic box with the moving pictures! :eek:

Not a bad idea. I will end up doing this and just have my mom call me. :p

On a different note, anybody miss watching the Daily Show and Colbert Report? :( Darn writer's strike :(

Members don't see this ad :)
*still could never afford :f*

I sold all of my possessions but my computer to get one. That meant my 60GB iPod, keyboard and mouse, old phone, 20" LCD monitor, and some MCAT books (not that I really want to see those again). :(

I could never part with my iPod!

Not a bad idea. I will end up doing this and just have my mom call me. :p

My fiancee called me with my MCAT score. That was interesting.

My fiancee called me with my MCAT score. That was interesting.

OMG! I Would never let anyone tell me my score lol. For acceptances it's different... cause any news is good news... not necessarily true for MCAT :p

Alright, I'm turning in for the night, here's an extra post to further our post count.

OMG! I Would never let anyone tell me my score lol. For acceptances it's different... cause any news is good news... not necessarily true for MCAT :p

Well, she had seen me check it so many times she swiped my password (sneaky lil thang). I had been checking it the day it was supposed to come out without luck. I finally gave up and went to pre-med advisor's office to take care of stuff. She called me (she was at work) and was like "Hey...don't be mad...your MCAT scores are up"

Me: "Well?! Are they good?!"

Her: "Crap! There's a customer, I have to go! I don't know the score off the top of my head!"

Yeah. That customer waited.

Alright, I'm turning in for the night, here's an extra post to further our post count.

I'll be posting until ~6 this AM. That's when I get off. I'll be asleep all day then working again until 7 tomorrow night. :scared::scared::scared:

I sold all of my possessions but my computer to get one. That meant my 60GB iPod, keyboard and mouse, old phone, 20" LCD monitor, and some MCAT books (not that I really want to see those again). :(

How's your cell bio studying going?

I'm probably not the only one to have this happen to them, but when my MCAT score was finally up, i looked at the scores and of course saw the test number first (which was 23 actually).... between my nervousness and panic, i somehow realized that that was infact not my score...

I seriously think they make the score report look like that for a reason, to make the process even more nerve racking

Well, she had seen me check it so many times she swiped my password (sneaky lil thang). I had been checking it the day it was supposed to come out without luck. I finally gave up and went to pre-med advisor's office to take care of stuff. She called me (she was at work) and was like "Hey...don't be mad...your MCAT scores are up"

Me: "Well?! Are they good?!"

Her: "Crap! There's a customer, I have to go! I don't know the score off the top of my head!"

Yeah. That customer waited.

Getting my MCAT score was epic. I was in Kenya, and hadn't really been paying attention, and my boyfriend called me and told me my best friend's scores were up and I was like WTFWTFWTF why hadn't she called me, and to this day she will claim she didn't know how but seriously. Part of the problem was the 9 hour time difference...so when he told me that the scores were out, it was nighttime in Kenya and all the internet places were closed. So I called up my other friends on the program who had taken the test, and at 7:30am bright and early the next morning we went to the nearest internet cafe that opened at 8am. The owner didn't get in until 8:45 am. Then finally, finally we could check! And I had to call my friend to find it because we were all too nervous to figure out how it worked...It was great cuz my friends did well so we were all floating around all day.

I honestly think maybe my host family was happier for me than my real one, since I woke up my mom and dad with my call home. My host dad was hilariously proud of me, considering he had no idea what was going on.

How's your cell bio studying going?

Cell bio? What is cell bio?

Anyway, I'm hitting the hay. Tomorrow, I'll need to figure out what "cell bio" is so I don't fail those silly things called "tests".

nomorereplz.....you stats are just....:eek:
wow.......:bow:

I'm probably not the only one to have this happen to them, but when my MCAT score was finally up, i looked at the scores and of course saw the test number first (which was 23 actually).... between my nervousness and panic, i somehow realized that that was infact not my score...

I seriously think they make the score report look like that for a reason, to make the process even more nerve racking

rofl....that's hilarious....actually come to think of it, i think i had a similar incident with mine....:laugh:

it is becoming harder and harder to care about Weibel-Palade bodies and septum membranaceums as the night progresses and we get closer and closer to that dreaded day....:scared:

okay i'm gonna make another post, simply for the sake of having posted the last four posts at 3:30 a.m....

it is becoming harder and harder to care about Weibel-Palade bodies and septum membranaceums as the night progresses and we get closer and closer to that dreaded day....:scared:

I am really nervous, and scared. :scared:

I am really nervous, and scared. :scared:

haha....honestly, i really don't think you need to....you have great stats and interviewed at alot of schools....if you're nervous and scared....then i should be pulling out my hair and s***ing bricks right now...:barf:
also you've got wonderful patients who've overdosed on monistat to keep you occupied in the meantime....:lol:(if only my histology book could crack me up like that...)

haha....honestly, i really don't think you need to....you have great stats and interviewed at alot of schools....if you're nervous and scared....then i should be pulling out my hair and s***ing bricks right now...:barf:
also you've got wonderful patients who've overdosed on monistat to keep you occupied in the meantime....:lol:(if only my histology book could crack me up like that...)

Thanks. Heh. One pt's mother said "Pt moved." That was her chief complaint. Yes. The patient moved. Better get to the ER.

Thanks. Heh. One pt's mother said "Pt moved." That was her chief complaint. Yes. The patient moved. Better get to the ER.

haha....honestly....i don't even know what to say to that.....
kind of reminds me of a conversation we recently had in a medical ethics class where someone mentioned that their friend's younger sister thought that you *literally* pass on STDs to others....meaning you lose it - they gain it....:scared: obviously, there are bigger and greater things to be worrying about than prematch results....
hmmmm.....haha who am i kidding.....NOT! :smuggrin:

haha....honestly....i don't even know what to say to that.....
kind of reminds me of a conversation we recently had in a medical ethics class where someone mentioned that their friend's younger sister thought that you *literally* pass on STDs to others....meaning you lose it - they gain it....:scared: obviously, there are bigger and greater things to be worrying about than prematch results....
hmmmm.....haha who am i kidding.....NOT! :smuggrin:

I think my favorite PC thing is that they're not STD's, they're STI's. Not diseases. Just infections. :rolleyes:

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tomorrow night :(

I just got home from work and I don't think I'll be able to go to sleep. I'm sure it'll be similar to the day MCAT scores came out. I woke up to check, they weren't up. So I went back to sleep and dreamt that I was asleep and dreaming that I made a 43. I woke up from that dream and dreamt I really made a 21. Then I woke up crying. Not really. :scared::(

Morning "add to the post count" post. Unfortunately, I now have to go to work, so you guys will have to take it 'till I get back. I guess I should say "fortunately", because thank goodness I have work today. Can't really worry about tomorrow when there's a bunch of students depending on me today.

See y'all later...stay sane!! :eek:

to soothe the paranoia, someone please check their Tech email.

when they first signed me up, and up until a week or two after my interview, I was getting a ton of emails there. since then, I've gotten NOTHING.

I'm wondering if this is a unique situation or not..

Good morning SDN! I will offer this pitiful attempt at adding to the post count before the name becomes obsolete. Good luck to everyone tomorrow. I will be watching the forums to see who gets an offer. :)

Doing my part for the texas post. Good luck to all of you...common....everyone post..we need a thousand posts.

to soothe the paranoia, someone please check their Tech email.

when they first signed me up, and up until a week or two after my interview, I was getting a ton of emails there. since then, I've gotten NOTHING.

I'm wondering if this is a unique situation or not..

Nope, same thing happened to me. Are they sending pre-match offers through this e-mail or through the e-mail that is on record with TMDSAS?

Hahaha... I love the Office. Too bad the writer's strike is going to make them stop production after this episode or the next. :(

this makes me so sad! i LOOOOVE thursdays for 30 rock, the office, scrubs, and always sunny in philadelphia. haha. you know what else is on thursday? i'm sure thursday night tv is not really looming large on most people's minds lately...

Getting my MCAT score was epic. I was in Kenya, and hadn't really been paying attention, and my boyfriend called me and told me my best friend's scores were up and I was like WTFWTFWTF why hadn't she called me, and to this day she will claim she didn't know how but seriously. Part of the problem was the 9 hour time difference...so when he told me that the scores were out, it was nighttime in Kenya and all the internet places were closed. So I called up my other friends on the program who had taken the test, and at 7:30am bright and early the next morning we went to the nearest internet cafe that opened at 8am. The owner didn't get in until 8:45 am. Then finally, finally we could check! And I had to call my friend to find it because we were all too nervous to figure out how it worked...It was great cuz my friends did well so we were all floating around all day.

I honestly think maybe my host family was happier for me than my real one, since I woke up my mom and dad with my call home. My host dad was hilariously proud of me, considering he had no idea what was going on.

wow. it sounds like you should give your friend a break. she was probably having her own ultimate dance party and didnt have a phone card or think that kenya had the internets.

on the other hand, i think i found out my score in the best way possible. i thought the scores were released like 2 days later, and had NO idea they existed until a friend IM'd me and was like, so how did you do? and then all my organs instantly collapsed into my stomach and i nearly fell over. but it worked out ok!

i kinda wish nov 15 would just randomly spring on me too. the anticipation is killing me. this thread doesnt help.

Congrats on the Tech MD/MBA acceptance!!!

I have two group presentations today. One of the groups is great, we met Sunday, had it all done, no problem. The other group has tweedle dee, tweedle dum, and tweedle dummer in it. We were supposed to meet last night. Two of us were there on time (early, even). One was late, one never showed. GRRRRR!! (We knew one guy wasn't going to be there). So, we met first thing this morning, except that the girl who wasn't there last night wasn't there, and when she did show, she's just clueless!!! Not too happy right now.

Oh, well, enough griping. The instructor is going off on us about all sorts of stuff.:sleep::sleep:

It's going to be a LOOONG day.

So what's going to happen to the Texas threads once you all get accepted tomorrow? I mean, there will probably be a lot of relief and partying!

So that's going to leave me stuck with my paranoia - all ALONE! Great, starting tomorrow, I won't even be able to claim that there are others like me out there!

Dammit, I better hear something this week...
I've got an option to do a DNA sequencing project involving hemoglobin.
It would be pretty damn cool, but the truth is that if I dont HAVE to do research in my last semester of undergrad, I'd like the break.
But since I don't have any research under my belt yet it would be good incase I am a "R word" next year.

Finally, this process catches up to me!

I have two group presentations today. One of the groups is great, we met Sunday, had it all done, no problem. The other group has tweedle dee, tweedle dum, and tweedle dummer in it. We were supposed to meet last night. Two of us were there on time (early, even). One was late, one never showed. GRRRRR!! (We knew one guy wasn't going to be there). So, we met first thing this morning, except that the girl who wasn't there last night wasn't there, and when she did show, she's just clueless!!! Not too happy right now.

Oh, well, enough griping. The instructor is going off on us about all sorts of stuff.:sleep::sleep:

It's going to be a LOOONG day.

I hate group presentations for this reason! Good luck though. Hope you are rewarded well for your effort, regardless of the unproductive component of your group.

I hate group presentations for this reason! Good luck though. Hope you are rewarded well for your effort, regardless of the unproductive component of your group.

Gee, if this were tomorrow, I might could chuck it and give a stump speech instead of talking about the biochemistry of fruit ripening...

As it is, the instructor has been accepted to the MD/PhD program for next year (he deferred a year), and he may be my classmate next year...so I have to be nice.;)