Touro - Nevada, Class of 2012!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! So, it took me a while, but I think I have finally decided to come to Touro-Nevada! Can't wait to meet you all and get back to some warmer sunny weather!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations MBP and everyone else that has been accepted! Good luck to you all and and best wishes.

n case you are all wondering...here is an unofficial match list for about half of the inaugural class...This includes both osteo and allo match...remember, about half of the class has responded...

Touro University Nevada - Inaugural Class - 2008

Family Medicine
Eastern Maine Medical Center – Bangor, ME
Valley Hospital – Las Vegas, NV x 2
Kingman Medical Center - Kingman, AZ
Henry Ford Macomb - Clinton Township, MI
University Medical Center – Las Vegas, NV
University of Texas – Austin, TX
Memorial Hermann SW – Houston, TX
University of Utah – Salt Lake City, UT
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center – Provo, UT
University of Washington - Spokane, WA

Internal Medicine
University of Texas – Houston, TX
Texas A&M Scott & White – Temple, TX
Texas Tech Health Sciences Center – Lubbock, TX
University of Southern California – Los Angeles, CA
UC San Francisco-Fresno, CA
St. Mary Med Ct/Harbor-UCLA - Long Beach, CA
Huntington Memorial Hospital - Pasadena, CA
University of Utah – Salt Lake City, UT
Banner Good Samaritan Med Center – Phoenix, AZ
Legacy Emanuel Hospital and Health Center – Portland, OR
MSUCOM/Ingham Regional Medical Center - Lansing, MI
MSU College of Human Medicine - East Lansing, MI
Henry Ford, MI
Johns Hopkins Hospital - Baltimore, MD

Pediatrics

University Medical Center – Las Vegas, NV x3
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center - Phoenix, AZ
University of Florida Wolfson's Childrens Hospital – Jacksonville, FL
White Memorial Medical Center - Los Angeles CA
University of Maryland - Baltimore, MD
University of Connecticut - Hartford, CT

Med/Peds
Tufts/Baystate Medical Center – Springfield, MA

OB/Gyn
Aurora Sinai Medical Center – Milwaukee, WI

Neurology
Cleveland Clinic - Cleveland, OH

Psychiatry
University Medical Center – Las Vegas, NV x 2
University of Massachusetts – Worcester, MA
Loma Linda University Medical Center – Loma Linda, CA

Emergency Medicine
Garden City Hospital – Garden City, MI
Henry Ford Hospital - Wyandotte, MI
UNECOM/St Michael's Medical Center – Newark, New Jersey
University of Connecticut - Hartford, CT
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center - Paterson, NJ
Geisinger Hospital - Danville, PA

Orthopaedic Surgery
Genesys Regional Medical Center – Grand Blanc, MI
Mt. Clemens Hospital – Mt. Clemens, MI
Garden City Hospital – Garden City, MI

General Surgery
St. John's Episcopal Hospital - Far Rockaway NY
St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center - Toledo, OH

Anaesthesiology
Riverside County Medical Center – Riverside, CA

Ophthalmology
Walter Reed Medical Center – Washington, DC

Radiology – Diagnostic
Botsford General Hospital – Farmington Hills, MI
St. James Hospital and Health Center – Olympia Fields, IL

Pathology
Cedars Sinai Medical Center – Los Angeles, CA

Traditional Rotating Internship
Valley Hospital – Las Vegas, NV x 5
Columbus Regional Med Center - Columbus, GA

Medicine Prelim
Balboa Naval Medical Center - San Diego, CA

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have my interview at Touro,Nevada on April 14 th. I don't have the best GPA or best MCAT score but I really want to get in to this school. I would appreciate if some one gives my tips to have a good interview and what to pay attention and what not to.

Thesearc

Hi, I have my interview at Touro,Nevada on April 14 th. I don't have the best GPA or best MCAT score but I really want to get in to this school. I would appreciate if some one gives my tips to have a good interview and what to pay attention and what not to.

Thesearc

Be confident in yourself and don't sweat the interview. I promise you it will be really laid back, Roger will crack lots of jokes and the interviewers will be friendly and conversational. Look at the database under med schools and see all the peeps that have interviewed there. Lots of feedback.

All the best...

Hi all!

Been waiting to join this thread! Just got the acceptance email from Roger today and I'm going to be there on Aug 4, 2008 with the rest of you! I'm still in shock, but am so excited. TUNCOM is/was my first choice. When is everyone going to start looking for housing? Is it best to visit in June to sign a lease for July (when I plan on moving?).

Roselee

hey everyone, i was accepted february-ish but i didn't even know this thread existed until today...

looking forward to starting school (sort of) and meeting everybody

enjoy your summers...future D-O-ctors :) (lame i know)

I would start looking for housing as soon as possible. The earlier you plan ahead, the better off you will be. I think it is a great idea to start looking for housing in June. It may even be better to look now, so that you can find an apartment/condo/house to your liking, at a cost that is reasonable.

I would start looking for housing as soon as possible. The earlier you plan ahead, the better off you will be. I think it is a great idea to start looking for housing in June. It may even be better to look now, so that you can find an apartment/condo/house to your liking, at a cost that is reasonable.

When does the heat hit its peak down there? It'd suck to do all that moving in scorching heat :thumbdown:

Congratulations to all in the incoming class!

Up for rent is a bedroom in a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath town house within walking (or biking) distance from school. You will be sharing the place with two DO 2010 females, one of which you will be sharing a bathroom with. House is clean and quite, great for studying, and the current occupants are very easy going and easy to live with. One of the roommates has a dog so you must be dog friendly. Rent is $550/month plus utilities. Currently the available date is August 1st but that is flexible (to be earlier) if given enough notice.

If you are interested or have any questions, please email me at [email protected]

When does the heat hit its peak down there? It'd suck to do all that moving in scorching heat :thumbdown:

In May, it starts to heat up to the low 100s. It pretty much peaks out in July and continues on until the end of September. If you do move during this time, be sure to budget enough to pay for your electricity bill (my energy bill came out to $150/month...and this is conservative). Congratulations on your acceptance, btw.

Has anyone received their financial aid package yet? If so, when did you turn in your FAFSA and the required forms?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats future doctors! Time flies; work hard, but enjoy it!

2 bedrooms available JULY 1st in a 4 bedroom/2.5 bath house. 1 room available furnished. Shared full bathroom. Small room $475/mo, medium room $525, + 1/3 utilities (gas, cable, electric). Washer/dryer, heat/ac, and best of all access to private OMM room!! New home 3 miles from school. Quiet neighborhood, community pool, lots of parking, park and tennis courts nearby. Females preferred. Live with easygoing, quiet 3rd year DO student.

cross streets: Gibson/Broadbent and Boulder Hwy.
Email for pictures/visit: [email protected]

Hey, whats the 411 on laptops/tablets on campus? Who's using or going to use what and why? I've heard printing out Power Points can be a hassle and you are carrying tons of paper around.

I'm treating myself to a new laptop/tablet for school but haven't decided on what yet.

So when is everyone moving to Henderson?

Has anyone received their financial aid package yet? If so, when did you turn in your FAFSA and the required forms?

I finished all the financial aid forms and FAFSA last week and met with Jodi to make sure.

if any of you are interested in buying all of your first year books from me at a discounted price, please e-mail me at: [email protected]

have FUN this summer, cuz once you get here, fun is hard to find....lol

Hey, whats the 411 on laptops/tablets on campus? Who's using or going to use what and why? I've heard printing out Power Points can be a hassle and you are carrying tons of paper around.

I'm treating myself to a new laptop/tablet for school but haven't decided on what yet.

I'd follow the list they send out in order to be most compatible with the network. I always had my computer with me but there was always stuff I printed out. First year I printed out a grip of stuff, but second year they limited our printing. I started making my own study guides from the powerpoints and printing those (somehow from first to second year my brain only wanted Word format as opposed to PPT). It just depends on if you can stand reading from the computer all day and night. Some notes I hand wrote, some stuff I never printed. You'll figure it out. Congrats!

All you TUNCOM 2012ers ready for this coming August? Are any of you guys/gals already here in Henderson? Just got here a couple of days ago. The weather is absolutely gorgeous!

I am excited to start this new stage in my life and I look forward to meeting everyone.

anybody drive a motorcycle down in henderson, and if so what is it like in the summer months? bearable? I am thinking of selling my suv and buying a motorcycle and keeping the car. any thoughts?

anybody drive a motorcycle down in henderson, and if so what is it like in the summer months? bearable? I am thinking of selling my suv and buying a motorcycle and keeping the car. any thoughts?

It is HOT in the summer months. Right now we are usually around 110 and it does not fall below the 100 degree mark until late August.

I have a friend who only rides bike but he lathers on sunscreen (he uses Blue Lizard -- I think that is the name of it).

If you ride to and from school, I don't think it would be that bad.

Thanks Sherruns for the info on the realtor and also all the props and carma sent my way.

When you all bought your books on the physical diagnosis equipment did you guys buy the high end stuff or the low end. I see that there is some big price swings there and I just wonder if it is worth it to buy the high end stuff or is the cheaper ones just as good?

ask 2nd 3rd or 4th years. they can tell you what you'll use and what not to get. that goes for books too. i can't remember off hand what my buddy (3rd year) said but there was plenty that we do NOT need to buy that they require and/or recommend.

Hey all, just got an interview for class of 2013. Just curious what type of questions I can expect and how I can best prepare. Thanks!

What type of review does the school provide?

The school has a 2 member team review your file for two days before the interview, so I would assume anything is game.

How long after your interview did you hear back from school? What type of questions do they ask you in the interview?