04-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Join Date: Nov 2007
Originally Posted by angrydragon
1) this counts towards your active duty obligation correct?
No, only post licensure time counts
2) I've seen two different lists of locations, just curious about what the current existing available locations for this internship are.
There are 5 possible locations - Tripler, Walter Reed, Madigan, Eisenhower, and Brook
3) Once the internship is completed, where do you go to complete the rest of your active duty service?
Where ever they send you. I don't have an authoritative answer on this for Army.
4) do they give you a "dream sheet" with your top 3 or what not?
Officer assignments work differently than enlisted assignments, you often have more "choice" in where you go, but needs of the service come first. That said there are often multiple assignments to chose from and yes, you still get a "dream sheet" like input. You get more personalized service as an officer. Although I am not sure of Army specifics.
5) do you even have a choice?
Yes, often you get a choice.
I apologize for the loaded post, just desperate to have some questions answered. Although I do plan to go in and talk to a recruiter, from my past experience, they are not always the most reliable nor honest sources. I'm prior enlisted in the Marine Corps and needless to say, my recruiter was a very experienced car salesman. Boot camp would be fun he says...Hoorah!
Hope that helps!
PS - Navy ODS was easier than Air Force Boot Camp. The program for the Army isn't particularly tough either (I have a friend who was an instructor there.) I had "fun" at ODS (boot camp), Hell we had liberty our first weekend there and every weekend there after.