Your Pharmacy - Internet/Radio/TV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys do during downtime? My pharmacy doesn't have a TV nor do they have accessible internet. All we can access is the CVS RxNet. We have a crummy radio that plays in the background, usually I have some sports radio station on.

My boss forbade me from bringing in any CDs after a debacle involving a customer. Basically, I was listening to Wake Up by Three Days Grace, this lyric came up, and a customer got really offended.

" I must be running out of luck
Cause you're just not drunk enough to ****"

So I'm forced to listen to crappy songs that CVS plays. Some examples, Rick Astley songs, Walking in Memphis, The Reason by Hoobastank, and a few more classic songs.

Occasionally, I'll bring in my laptop and try to break into a wireless network.

Members don't see this ad.

man i love three days grace... especially wake up... i'm not sober all the time... but otherwise its kinda hard to pick the music you want in a professional setting... ur stuck with ****... sorry :(

this lyric came up, and a customer got really offended.

" I must be running out of luck
Cause you're just not drunk enough to ****"

I'm sorry but that is really funny! Edit to add: I might also say that the fact a customer was offended isn't really the reason I thought it was funny, it's the way you said it.

I haven't started working yet, I was hired onto a store that doesn't open until May 6th. I walked around the store (it's a grocery store) and took a good look at the pharmacy during break time (training right now) and as far as I could see there were no TV's, no radios and I'm doubting any internet access. I will have to update and let you know later when I actually start working. Right now I'm doing unrelated training in the store to learn to run a cash register and how to deal with customers. :laugh:

Actually our pharmacy looks really odd right now because it's completed and everything but entirely empty. Nothing on the shelves, nothing on the walls, nothing. I'm guessing we'll be doing the stocking at the last minute, like the week before open. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL, the pharmacist in charge told me that he will quit the day that CVS decides to start playing hip hop and rap.

I listen to Octane 20 on Sirius, everything I hear on the CVS channel is pretty much something you would find on Kiss Lite FM.

Down time => LUCKY YOU!!!

Actually, last Saturday it was dead in our CVS and we were reading magazines: Britney lost 20 lbs, Jennifer Aniston is jealous of Angelina Jolie, and Alba is very pregnant.

Three Days Grace is my workout music, btw!!!

PS. About CVS music - I feel your pain, guys!

On weekends, we do a good share but it's always in bursts. 10AM-1230PM we are really busy. That time period passes by quickly but from then until 6PM, it is slow, until one of us leaves to go get lunch then everyone and their mom brings in prescriptions.

LOL, the pharmacist in charge told me that he will quit the day that CVS decides to start playing hip hop and rap.

Why is this his attitude... is it because he will actually relate the the U.S.D.A. = United States DopeBoys of America....

Just think about it we call Adderall and Ritalin Baby Crack in my pharmacy, and honestly about 15% of Rxs bought are for some abusive usage...Sertraline, Hydrocodone, Trazadone... Promethazine/Codeine ... must I continue... I'm jus' tryin' to implement musical liberation............ LiL Wayne's "I feel Like Dying" playing, while some conservative/home mother picks up her Rx of Xanax from your local Walgreens "Drug Store," "The Pharmacy America Trust".....

Go ahead and download it: "I Feel Like Dying" - LiL Wanye or "Sippin on Sizzup" - 36 Mafia(Academy Award Winner), while some 65 yr old lady from the local retirement home picks up her weekly Rx of Tussionex... Ha Ha...

:laugh:

Haha, I'm not a fan of rap/hip hop either but that was a comment made by my boss. I actually think that he would prefer it if there was no music being played, just the local news. I'm fine with the news being played because, when you're in there from 8AM-10PM, you have no idea what's happening outside because we have no windows in the pharmacy and the pharmacist isn't allowed to leave the store area.

Personally, I'd prefer some Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, or Ozzy Osbourne being played. The bikers that come to our store would love it.

I listen to loud, angry music or reggae, funk stuff. Either way I don't think the grandmas picking up their rxs are going to like either one, luckily Rite Aid plays some decent in-store music from time to time so I don't have to resort to the ipod player very often.

Before we got a new general store manager, we were allowed to do homework in between rushes. Of course, we first did everything else we could think of - sweeping, mopping, filing, dusting, etc. but sometimes everything really is clean and you just don't have anything else to do! But now with our new manager she doesn't care if we haven't had a customer in an hour... we still can't do homework. So I just shoot the breeze with the pharmacist or read some boring health related magazine (of course we wouldn't be allowed to go pick up a real magazine, but I can read the Diabetes ones that are right there on the counter... at least until a new dumb rule disallows that).

What's downtime?

...and wtf is up with all those creepy CVS ads playing now. The talking scanner? The ******ed falsetto baby?

What's downtime?

...and wtf is up with all those creepy CVS ads playing now. The talking scanner? The ******ed falsetto baby?

My all time CVS favorite:

"Assistance is needed at the men's razor display, assistance is needed at the men's razor display, assistance is needed at the men's razor display, assistance is needed at the men's razor display"

My all time CVS favorite:

"Assistance is needed at the men's razor display, assistance is needed at the men's razor display, assistance is needed at the men's razor display, assistance is needed at the men's razor display"

hhhahaha...oh man, drives me nuts. everyone in the pharmacy starts repeating it when it goes non-stop. I found out how it all works too...I guess when you push the button it causes the doorbell sound, if the tray stays open too long, it'll start doing the page until it is closed. Sometimes it gets jammed open, so that will page non-stop.

Haha, I've never heard that at the Pharmacy. There was like a 1 week period this winter, where the voice on the phone that would announce "one pharmacy call" sounded like it had a cold.

I hate how the system doesn't announce if a doctor sent an electronic prescription. Someone walks in, asks for their prescription, we spend 15 minutes combing the pharmacy for it, then we ask when they brought it in, they say the doctor called it in, pharmacist says he didn't, then the guy storms out furiously, and when we check the QR 4 hours later, we find the electronic prescription.