CCOM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed...these adcom people should work straight through thanksgiving. NO turkey until i get my decision hahahahahaha

Members don't see this ad.

Haha yes no thanksgiving for the adcoms! Sorry you guys have to wait, the anxiety is pretty brutal sometimes. Best of luck everyone!!!!

Have any students interviewed at both AZCOM and CCOM, and can discuss how they compare? Ive been accepted at AZCOM and loved it, and have an intv at CCOM coming up. I'm leaning towards AZCOM because of the location, and it seems like more opportunites to stay on the west coast for residency placements.....

please feel free to PM me as well :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any students interviewed at both AZCOM and CCOM, and can discuss how they compare? Ive been accepted at AZCOM and loved it, and have an intv at CCOM coming up. I'm leaning towards AZCOM because of the location, and it seems like more opportunites to stay on the west coast for residency placements.....

please feel free to PM me as well :)

I interviewed at both schools, one day after another.

Both impressed me, but we should look beyond the "pretty campus" factor. AZCOM has some trouble giving students good clinical rotations and it is expanding despite not being able to handle the current class size well. This is important. I also heard that AZCOM has extremely high faculty turnover rate and there are issues with how the money is spent / lack of transparency / students not coming first. Someone posted a rant on AZCOM about a month ago. You may want to do a search.

CCOM is doing far better in terms of assigning good quality rotations. The school is well established already. Its curriculum seems harsh, but so does that at AZCOM since it's modeled after CCOM.

CCOM has a nicer cafeteria (bigger, with more choices).

I have acceptances to both schools and will not go to AZCOM. Most likely will choose CCOM or possibly another place.

I spoke to someone in admissions office today and they said that we should wait until after thanksgiving for the decisions. They committee however met on Thursday. Man, I can't wait any longer

WHAT?!? That's nuts! I interviewed over a month ago! Maybe it will be up on the application site before Thanksgiving...

Anyone getting a different page when they click on Matriculation/Payment?

Something saying "we were unable to find your information."

Anyone getting a different page when they click on Matriculation/Payment?

Something saying "we were unable to find your information."

uh-oh, sounds like you're in trouble! (j/k i have no idea, mine says the same thing)

maybe they are currently updating it!?!?! crossing my fingers!!!!

uh-oh, sounds like you're in trouble! (j/k i have no idea, mine says the same thing)

maybe they are currently updating it!?!?! crossing my fingers!!!!

Yeah, any little variation piques my interest. A sign of wonderful doctor, eh? If they only knew. :laugh:

Did that page change for you as well, or had it always looked like that?

Yeah, any little variation piques my interest. A sign of wonderful doctor, eh? If they only knew. :laugh:

Did that page change for you as well, or had it always looked like that?

no its definitely different, it usually says something else...

great now im going to be compulsively clicking that link until it changes again :oops: this means something...im just not sure what yet..

no its definitely different, it usually says something else...

great now im going to be compulsively clicking that link until it changes again :oops: this means something...im just not sure what yet..

Now all I can think of is rejection. Hopefully everyone checks now so we can see if someone has definitively been accepted yet.

The matriculation agreement comes up when I click on "Matriculation/Payment" but I also haven't submitted my payment yet. Maybe it's different for those who've already accepted and paid? I plan on submitting my deposit sometime this week though so I'll let you know if that page is different once I do.

The matriculation agreement comes up when I click on "Matriculation/Payment" but I also haven't submitted my payment yet. Maybe it's different for those who've already accepted and paid? I plan on submitting my deposit sometime this week though so I'll let you know if that page is different once I do.

when did you interview?

If the matriculation agreement comes up and you have the option to pay that means you've been accepted :)

Side note, it took about 2 weeks after my matriculation agreement/payment page update for me to receive my acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the "can't find your info" message. Does this mean game-over? Or does it mean they updating their database or what not.

I have the "can't find your info" message. Does this mean game-over? Or does it mean they updating their database or what not.

That's what we're trying to figure out.

I have the same message saying can't find my info. I have not heard of anyone getting rejected post interview at CCOM, I hope they are just in the process of updating the database.

That's what we're trying to figure out.

wow...the littlest things can really make things stressful. my guess would be that they are updating things and it will be posted tomorrow :confused:

I've had the "cannot find info" thing for a while...I dunno what it means. I've been complete for two months with no word from them.

Wonder if it means rejection in the mail? That wouldn't be fun.

wow...the littlest things can really make things stressful. my guess would be that they are updating things and it will be posted tomorrow :confused:

I know. This process sucks.

Yeah I have the same thing! "We are unable to find your information". Hopefully this isn't bad news! I guess it is a good thing that no one has the matriculation payment option yet.

Hey all, I interviewed 10/20 and was supposed to hear before thanksgiving. I checked the applicant portal page earlier today and it was same as normal, but I just checked and it also said that they were unable to find my info. Good think someone posted about this or I would have freaked out...I just wanna know!

My status page still only shows my acceptance to AZCOM, I don't know how it will display if I'm lucky enough to get accepted to CCOM. But my matriculation agreement looks different than it did previously, so I'm assuming that the unable to find information just means that they were just updating the matriculation agreement. I doubt that it means rejection. Is it possible to know if we've been accepted before Thanksgiving? I interviewed 10/31 and I'm very anxious... I hope they are updating it now or soon.

interesting news
atleast i dont have to think about it over thanksgiving now

Yup received the unable to find information message. I think they told us we would know by early Dec...so maybe like Dec 1.

Hey everyone,

Just cancelled my interview, it was on 12/12... so there should be an open spot if anyone is interested!

I wonder if this is only happening to those of us waiting for a decision, or if everyone is getting that page. Is that coming up for anyone else not waiting for a decision around thanksgiving? Has this happened to others in the past? Sorry so many questions, I'm just curious as to what this means

I think it's only happening to those of you awaiting decisions. Mine works fine still.

Good luck to all of you! (I hope you have a good way of dealing with anxiety):thumbup:

My status page still only shows my acceptance to AZCOM, I don't know how it will display if I'm lucky enough to get accepted to CCOM.

You will get this:
You have been accepted to more than one program. Please use the option below to view the matriculation agreement for your desired program.

options: AZCOM, CCOM

You will get this:
You have been accepted to more than one program. Please use the option below to view the matriculation agreement for your desired program.

options: AZCOM, CCOM

Thanks Karen, hopefully I'll see it and get accepted!

I talked the admissions people today at CCOM. They mailed out the acceptance letters earlier today (11/25) so you all should hopefully receive them soon. My status on the page still says "We are unable to find your information" but I learned that I was accepted today!! Now the real decision comes down between CCOM and LECOM-B....Hope all of you are accepted and GOOD LUCK!! As for me, I have until December 15th, this should be a difficult next couple of weeks to decide...

I talked the admissions people today at CCOM. They mailed out the acceptance letters earlier today (11/25) so you all should hopefully receive them soon. My status on the page still says "We are unable to find your information" but I learned that I was accepted today!! Now the real decision comes down between CCOM and LECOM-B....Hope all of you are accepted and GOOD LUCK!! As for me, I have until December 15th, this should be a difficult next couple of weeks to decide...

Thanks! I think I can wait a few days to find out, no use in bothering the adcom with my questions

:xf:

good luck everyone!

Awesome. Thanks for the update!

hey sorry im new to this forum and posting stuff, but when did you interview? also how did you find out you got accpeted if your status was "we are unable to find your information." did the admissions office tell you or something?? :confused:

by the way....all this is so nerve wrecking...i constanly came on to sdn as a observer, never as a poster and finally decided to join..haha

hey sorry im new to this forum and posting stuff, but when did you interview? also how did you find out you got accpeted if your status was "we are unable to find your information." did the admissions office tell you or something?? :confused:

I interviewed on 10/31. I was getting anxious because I had a feeling that I was going to be accepted at CCOM, but had to make a choice between CCOM and LECOM-B and have my deposit in by Dec. 15. So, I called admissions today and asked them if they can tell me over the phone because I need to make this decision pretty quickly. I think my heart is leaning towards LECOM right now so my spot will more then likely be open very soon.

So I saw this question posted in another school's thread but I'm curious as to how rotations work at CCOM.

For the 3rd and year rotations, does CCOM set everything up for the students. Ie, you just show up at the hospital. Or do they give you the list of possible locations and you need to call the places to see if they will take you? I know the 4th year is probably a lot more do it yourself type of thing since you get more electives and get to choose the order in which you take them but if someone could comment on the required 3rd year rotations its much appreciated. Thanks!

So im a little confused. I received a letter in the mail about being placed on the interview waitlist. What does that mean? Has anyone else gotten this letter? I was wondering if I even have a chance of getting in!!

I couldn't take it any longer, so I called admissions too. I'm in! What a relief... now I can relax over Thanksgiving break :soexcited:

Hey guys, here are CCOM's match lists from the last few years. I haven't seen them grouped and listed, elsewhere. Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• CCOM Match List 2004.pdf
    58.8 KB · Views: 634
  • CCOM Match List 2005.pdf
    57.5 KB · Views: 793
  • CCOM Match List 2006.pdf
    21.9 KB · Views: 725
  • CCOM Match List 2007.pdf
    137.7 KB · Views: 926
  • CCOM Match List 2008.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 2,295
Last edited:
It's official. I just submitted my $1000 deposit. :eek: It should be a breeze from here on out right... :scared:

Don't ask why I was checking the applicant portal on a Friday night, but I was and I finally got the matriculation agreement! So the website is finally working! What wonderful news to start off the thanksgiving weekend! :)

Don't ask why I was checking the applicant portal on a Friday night, but I was and I finally got the matriculation agreement! So the website is finally working! What wonderful news to start off the thanksgiving weekend! :)

Yep, same here! I just checked it and it finally changed! Woohoo!!! :D

I'm in as well. I'm glad that it finally updated, now I can enjoy the weekend and give my family the good news. Congratulations to all who have been accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.