2009-2010 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts

If you have graduated from college, please briefly describe your major activities since you received your college degree and your plans for this year. If yes, please explain.

LOR Reqs

We require one (1) packet from your pre-professional committee or three (3) letters from individuals who can properly evaluate you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just applied here!

By the way, it's CINCINNATI, two n's, one t.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently on the waitlist and have already reapplied. I really, really want to go to Cincy! I am OOS though.

I'm hoping the in-state thing will swing me some favor. But U of Cincy and Ohio State both seem a bit too nice to OOS people...

I'm hoping the in-state thing will swing me some favor. But U of Cincy and Ohio State both seem a bit too nice to OOS people...

Yeah, what the heck? At one point, both of those schools accepted mostly Ohio residents. Then for some inexplicable reason, they had to fill half of their quotas with out of state students - thereby driving up their averages up to 3.8 GPA and 35 MCAT. If I don't get in I feel cheated because I'm an Ohio citizen and I pay my taxes!

Yeah, what the heck? At one point, both of those schools accepted mostly Ohio residents. Then for some inexplicable reason, they had to fill half of their quotas with out of state students - thereby driving up their averages up to 3.8 GPA and 35 MCAT. If I don't get in I feel cheated because I'm an Ohio citizen and I pay my taxes!

So -- the medical colleges should turn out doctors of people who can't even put in the effort to get higher scores -- just because they live in-state?

Be patient. They have not processed your application yet.
The online link is for 2009 entering class.
I could not log in either.

"University of Cincinnati College of Medicine On-Line Secondary Application MD and MD/PHD 2010 Entering Class"

And I'm not rushing just trying to be productive while I have down-time.

"University of Cincinnati College of Medicine On-Line Secondary Application MD and MD/PHD 2010 Entering Class"

And I'm not rushing just trying to be productive while I have down-time.

I am sure it said 2009 at the time of my post. They changed it, I think.

yeah it definitely says "2009" when I just looked!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did two internships in Cincinnati and loved the city. The med school looks amazing. Maybe I can get a place in the Mt. Adams area if I'm lucky enough to get accepted.

hey guys,

i was able to log in today after creating a user name and password to my status page. however, after i tried to click on the apply online 2010 link, the site gave me this info:

The deadline to complete the UC on-line application for the 2009 entering class has passed. If you would like to apply for the 2010 entering class, please return to this site after July 1st. Please remember you will need to submit the 2010 AMCAS application prior to completing the College of Medicine on-line application.

Thank you for your interest in the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.

Looks like it´ll open up tomorrow. Best of luck to all! :luck:

Sorry I gotta run to work so all I got is:

Submitted AMCAS Saturday 6/27 at ~1700h
Got an email from UC for 2010 secondary at 0944h today

Hey hey hey, UC, you look so good to me!

Sorry I gotta run to work so all I got is:

Submitted AMCAS Saturday 6/27 at ~1700h
Got an email from UC for 2010 secondary at 0944h today

Hey hey hey, UC, you look so good to me!

Were you verified? That's odd...

got my secondary this morning too

LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION REQUIREMENTS
Minimum number of letters: 1 committee packet or 3 individual letters
Maximum number of letters: 8

The REGULAR MD PROGRAM requires one (1) packet from your pre-professional committee or three (3) letters from individuals who can properly evaluate you. If you choose to submit three (3) letters, we suggest you request two (2) letters from individuals who can evaluate your performance in science coursework.

The MD\PhD PROGRAM requires three (3) letters from individuals who served in an instructional or advisory capacity. If you have questions regarding the MD\PhD program, please contact their office at (513) 558.2380.

* Have you ever matriculated at or attended any medical school as a candidate for the M.D. degree? If yes, please explain below.

Yes No Please select for matriculation info! Please limit your responses to 750 characters. An error message is displayed if you exceed this limit.

* Have you ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, a felony, misdemeanor, criminal, or minor offense, participated in a pre-conviction program or currently have any civil or criminal charges pending? If yes, please explain below. (Include information even if charges have been dropped.)

Yes No Please select for felony info!
Please limit your responses to 1000 characters. An error message is displayed if you exceed this limit.

* Were you ever the recipient of an institutional action (such as disciplined, probation, cited, suspended, dismissed or other action) by any college, university or medical school for unacceptable academic performance or conduct violation, even though such action may not have interrupted your enrollment or required you to withdraw? If 'Yes' please explain fully in the space below.

Yes No Please select for institutional action info! Please limit your responses to 750 characters. An error message is displayed if you exceed this limit.

* Have you been convicted of or pleaded guilty or no contest to, any moving traffic violations (moving violations include speeding tickets) ?

Yes No Please select for traffic violation info! Please limit your responses to 750 characters. An error message is displayed if you exceed this limit.

*If you have graduated from college, please briefly describe your major activities since you received your college degree and your plans for this year.

Yes No Please select for activity since graduation! Please limit your responses to 1000 characters. An error message is displayed if you exceed this limit

Last edited:
Got the secondary today too...Few questions though.

What do they want to know from our traffic violations details wise (tickets)?

For the residency part, do we only put the address for those 2 years? Cause I accidentally put in the start date, which was before 9-1-08, but deleting it causes an error in the website...

So -- the medical colleges should turn out doctors of people who can't even put in the effort to get higher scores -- just because they live in-state?

The fact is that Cincy and OSU are state schools, so they should prefer Ohio residents. Pretty much all state schools work that way, so there is nothing wrong with it. OSU seems to think they can become top tier by turning to OOS applicants, but it just isn't going to happen. I didn't get into Cincy or OSU last cycle despite being IS with high scores, so it isn't just about looking OOS for higher numbers. It probably has something to do with diversity and getting people from more prestigious UGs than the OH schools.

Where's my secondary inviteeeee

I want cheap and easy secondaries!!

WOW -- best secondary ever??!

loved it.

funny story too kinda for the tickets. i was so dumb speeding home to watch SEINFELD lol. 76 on highway = all my graduation money gone.

Got the secondary today too...Few questions though.

What do they want to know from our traffic violations details wise (tickets)?

For the residency part, do we only put the address for those 2 years? Cause I accidentally put in the start date, which was before 9-1-08, but deleting it causes an error in the website...
also did the same thing and can't delete it for my parents.

how can i find out about different traffic violations, that question is ****ing bs serious. I dont remember the 3 tickes ive gotten....anyone know how i can find this out? I called their office and they said if even one ticket is mising they could rescind admission offers...serious so becuase i ran a stop sign 4 years ago i cant be a dr ugh so ****ing lame.

how can i find out about different traffic violations, that question is ****ing bs serious. I dont remember the 3 tickes ive gotten....anyone know how i can find this out? I called their office and they said if even one ticket is mising they could rescind admission offers...serious so becuase i ran a stop sign 4 years ago i cant be a dr ugh so ****ing lame.
I have one from 8 years ago. I have no idea where to get info. Anyone have a site where you can see your history?

fee waiver?
you have to send in the fee waiver to their office, then they have to verify it then you can submit the app...so using the fee waiver will delay your app by a few weeks or more id assume. If you care about the school maybe just pay 25 bucks...me i dont even know if im going to fill out the secondary after seeing the stupid ass questions they put on it about tickets. If running a stop sign means im a bad dr then i dont want to waste time on such a lame school.

My guess is that the question is a subtle attempt at examining your integrity. They don't care if you ran a stop sign, they care if you omit it from the secondary b/c you think it might affect their perception of you. Whether they have the ability to look at your DMV record to know the whole story, I have no idea.

Then again, I could be WAY off base here.

you have to send in the fee waiver to their office, then they have to verify it then you can submit the app...so using the fee waiver will delay your app by a few weeks or more id assume. If you care about the school maybe just pay 25 bucks...me i dont even know if im going to fill out the secondary after seeing the stupid ass questions they put on it about tickets. If running a stop sign means im a bad dr then i dont want to waste time on such a lame school.

Oh, I could not believe the fee was so low comparing to other schools. At first I thought people meant $25 for those with fee waivers. As I undrestood from posts they ask about tickets? what a redicoulous question! :laugh:

Last edited:
My guess is that the question is a subtle attempt at examining your integrity. They don't care if you ran a stop sign, they care if you omit it from the secondary b/c you think it might affect their perception of you. Whether they have the ability to look at your DMV record to know the whole story, I have no idea.

another thing is if someone has numerous speeding tickets, are they really responsible enough to be a physician if they can't even follow simple traffic rules?

another thing is if someone has numerous speeding tickets, are they really responsible enough to be a physician if they can't even follow simple traffic rules?
does 3 tickets in 6 years though mean you arent responsible i doubt it. People speed every day and do other stupid **** but are rarely caught. Saying you dont drive 10 mph over the speed limit on a daily basis is just pure crap dude. Especially if you live in cali. My ticket was going 75 in a 65 zone...am i really not responsible. Maybe you live in some place in the midwest where its different.

does 3 tickets in 6 years though mean you arent responsible i doubt it. People speed every day and do other stupid **** but are rarely caught. Saying you dont drive 10 mph over the speed limit on a daily basis is just pure crap dude. Especially if you live in cali. My ticket was going 75 in a 65 zone...am i really not responsible. Maybe you live in some place in the midwest where its different.

i've heard that 9 over the limit is the safest cuz 10 is the magic number lol. why are you hating on the midwest? fyi, cinci is in the midwest. but it's really southern actually in many ways.

i've heard that 9 over the limit is the safest cuz 10 is the magic number lol. why are you hating on the midwest? fyi, cinci is in the midwest. but it's really southern actually in many ways.
No hate for the midwest, i lived in that area for a while and it was just much different then cali thats all. Im really just hating the fact i wasted money/time applying to a school that cares about something so miniscule lol. You could give out 1000s of tickets a day on a freeway in cali for going 75 on it...not to mention i dont remember if i had a ticket like 6 years ago when I was living in another state...i might have had some minor one but i would hate to apply then have my offer rescinded because I didnt use my signal properly when changing lanes or something ******ed.

Last edited:
No hate for the midwest, i lived in that area for a while and it was just much different then cali thats all. Im really just hating the fact i wasted time applying to a school that cares about something so miniscule lol. You could give out 1000s of tickets a day on a freeway in cali for going 75 on it...
it took 5 minutes to do,

Im really just hating the fact i wasted time applying to a school that cares about something so miniscule lol. ...i would hate to apply then have my offer rescinded because I didnt use my signal properly when changing lanes or something ******ed.

Seriously, I think you are missing the boat here. The point isn't the tickets, the point is full disclosure and honesty. People will lie about things they think might potentially hurt them. Cincinnati isn't looking to purge their class of delinquent drivers. It's the lying that's a bigger issue to the university (or whatever organization) who is attempting to find a class of students with integrity. It's the cover-up that does more damage than the crime in many instances.

Nope. If you're gonna be a good doctor, you gotta be able to get to the hospital at 3:00 AM fast if they call you. They want to make sure you can outsmart the lawmen and not get held up.

Can they really check your backround for tickets? I doubt it! But that's is my personal opinion.

Nope. If you're gonna be a good doctor, you gotta be able to get to the hospital at 3:00 AM fast if they call you. They want to make sure you can outsmart the lawmen and not get held up.

:laugh: On second thought, this sounds much better.

I wonder if they are basing their assumptions on research. Maybe some study showing that people who speed are equally 'reckless' in other aspects of their life? I seriously doubt it though. I think it's just another arbitrary way they can judge us.

On another note, anyone else notice that they don't have a multiracial or biracial option in their 'predominate ethnicity' category? And no 'check all that apply"! I'm 50-50 Asian and White. Which is predominate? No idea. Would putting the no response choice count against me?

I wonder if they are basing their assumptions on research. ... I seriously doubt it though. I think it's just another arbitrary way they can judge us...

I can't tell you about this, but they do base their decisions on research. They are the only US school to adopt the MMI format for interviews, based on studies showing its effectiveness in foreign institutions.
When I interviewed last cycle, I was very impressed by the way they seemed to spare no expense or effort to do the best job possible.

Just got the secondary email today. I just submitted a few minutes ago. I am still waiting on two LOR's but should have in a couple days.

Also for the fee waiver you dont have to send them anything. I had it and when I got to the submit it said my fee was waived to the FAP.

Hi all. Is anyone else having an issue with the login? When i get to the screen under the scroll down menu <select program> there is nothing there... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH:scared::scared::scared:

Just got the secondary email today. I just submitted a few minutes ago. I am still waiting on two LOR's but should have in a couple days.

Also for the fee waiver you dont have to send them anything. I had it and when I got to the submit it said my fee was waived to the FAP.
thast funny becuase i cant submit and the office said i need to mail it in to have it verified wth:confused:

Best secondary ever. Let's hope my home city shows me some love!

Status
Not open for further replies.