2009-2010 University of Texas Galveston (UTMB) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are no secondary essays.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UTMB Galveston does not have a secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hurray for no secondary! What a relief!

I just got an interview here. They start interviewing on 8/7.

Good luck everyone! If you've been fortunate enough to receive an interview, I think they mentioned that interviewees should bring "comfortable shoes" for the tour. A lot of students think this is unprofessional, so on my interview day last year, only one guy brought an extra pair of shoes. Between the hot/humid weather and extensive walking, he was the only comfortable one at the end of the day.

In short, bring shoes! They even give you some time to change into them. :laugh:

what is the easiest way to get from Houston to UTMB?

When were your TMDSAS applications complete?

I got an interview too on the Aug 7th. I have not gotten all the materials in the mail yet about the interview. Has anyone gotten it? I want to book the flight and hotel. If anyone got the info, can you post the schedule and the location? Thanks and good luck everyone on the interview. When do they tell us who is going to interview us?

Members don't see this ad :)
:D I got an interview offer yesterday. I submitted on June 3rd and was verified on June 20th.

My initial interview was on August 7th, but it conflicted with another previously confirmed interview. They let me change to August 14th with no problem.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between "submitted" and "transmitted" to schools?

Aww you guys are lucky.

I need all the luck I can get to receive an interview. :luck::xf::luck::xf:

I'll be interviewing on August 7th. Thank you Galveston!

edit: I submitted my app 6/18 and was verified 7/7

Last edited:
:D I got an interview offer yesterday. I submitted on June 3rd and was verified on June 20th.

My initial interview was on August 7th, but it conflicted with another previously confirmed interview. They let me change to August 14th with no problem.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between "submitted" and "transmitted" to schools?

Congrats! I will see you there.

Congrats to all...still nada for me.

Does anyone got the interview schedule packet in the mail? I got the interview invite email but I have not gotten the schedule packet in the mail yet. I want to book a flight as soon as possible to get the best price. If anyone has gotten the packet, can you post the location of the interview and the time (start and end). Thank you so much

Does anyone got the interview schedule packet in the mail? I got the interview invite email but I have not gotten the schedule packet in the mail yet. I want to book a flight as soon as possible to get the best price. If anyone has gotten the packet, can you post the location of the interview and the time (start and end). Thank you so much

The interview day starts at 8:30 and ends at 3:30 or 4:00 ( there is an optional breakout session from 3:30-4:00). As far as location, it's going to be at UTMB itself. If you are coming in from out of state, the closest airport would be Hobby at Houston.

The interview day starts at 8:30 and ends at 3:30 or 4:00 ( there is an optional breakout session from 3:30-4:00). As far as location, it's going to be at UTMB itself. If you are coming in from out of state, the closest airport would be Hobby at Houston.

Thank you so much. Are you sure it ends at 3 or 4 PM? I am going to book the flight based on that.

Thank you so much. Are you sure it ends at 3 or 4 PM? I am going to book the flight based on that.

It ends at 3:30 or 4 depending on if you stay for the break out session.

Does anyone from Rice/Houston have an interview on Aug 14?

I just got an email today for an invite to the 8/21 interview day!

I'll be there on the 14th, got it for the 7th but already had Tech's interview that day so they rescheduled me for the 14th.

Warped Apostle - Looks like I'll see you at Tech on the 7th and UTMB on the 14th. Thats weird.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview!!! How is everyone preparing for the interview? I am nervous because it is my first one. I am going to read over the misson statements and about the school, have a mock inteerview and brush upi on current events regarding health care. There is probably a good chance that they ask about the health care reform. What else can we do? Also, are you guys attending the Thursday evening party with medical students? just wondering...

when did all the people who recd interview invites get the complete email? I've just been complete today

Congrats to everyone who got an interview!!! How is everyone preparing for the interview? I am nervous because it is my first one. I am going to read over the misson statements and about the school, have a mock inteerview and brush upi on current events regarding health care. There is probably a good chance that they ask about the health care reform. What else can we do? Also, are you guys attending the Thursday evening party with medical students? just wondering...

I'm a little different than most probably, but I'm not doing anything crazy really. I dont want to come across as rehearsed or anything. Most interviews I've had have been so low stress and relaxed its ridiculous. I read up on the questions people have been asked (from the interview feedback threads) and re-reading my essays and application. Other than that, just trying to relax, have fun, and show my personality in the interview.

Not sure about the thursday night thing, may see if a few of my friends who are current students are going first.

when did all the people who recd interview invites get the complete email? I've just been complete today

I have received an interview invite, but never received any "complete" email. It sounds like UT-Houston is the same way - some people get email, some don't? And some clearly get complete emails before getting interview invite. Odd.

Uh oh...that's scary :(

that is scary b/c I just got the complete email today... hopefully it's not something like you only get the complete email if they're not going to admit you or something weird....

Last edited:
what is the easiest way to get from Houston to UTMB?

Just hop on I-45 S and keep going till you hit the seawall. Turn left @ sea wall then a left on Market... you can't miss it. There will be plenty of signs to show you the way.

Last edited:
I have received an interview invite, but never received any "complete" email. It sounds like UT-Houston is the same way - some people get email, some don't? And some clearly get complete emails before getting interview invite. Odd.

I have an interview at Houston and I never received anything about them getting my app. So... cross your fingers and say a prayer :rolleyes: I'm sure they have gotten it if other schools have sent you letters of their receipt.

Last edited:
Today, I telephoned UTMB to inquire about the status of my application. (My application and all of the necessary documents had been submitted and processed by TMDSAS in June.) A lady in Enrollment Services told me that the school won't be downloading applications, etcetera until October 1st and so that is why I haven't yet heard anything from them. I see above, however, that many of you have already gotten interview invites, so does anyone know what she was referring to?:confused: I also emailed them, so hopefully I'll receive more accurate information within the next few days.

Last edited:
Where can we find UTMB interview feedback? I want to prepare for my interview.

I know exactly what you're talking about with UTMB. I've already had interviews at other texas schools this cycle, but have not even received as much as a confirmation email that my application is complete or anything from UTMB!!! Frustrating...

+1 to that, I will be there on the 21st. Maybe I should go ask some of last year interviewees on the forum :)

In my opinion, the best thing you can do is just be honest about yourself and the intentions you have for your future. Be able to explain your activities intelligently, take an interest in current events, and you'll be fine. You should be able to come across as having passion for your future career without rehearsing!

I was verified on 07/31/09 and received a confirmation that my application was received at UTMB on 08/06/09. NOLA1 I think you just talked to some lady that had received a million of the same phone calls and was just trying to get everyone to stop calling. At least I hope so

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have a question: Do you guys know when will the interview start (is it 815am?) and conclude tomorrow (8/14)? I have a friend who ask me to join her and her friends in galveston beach, so I want to know when will I be done with the interview tomorrow! Thanks!

-longhorn09

Just recieved interview invite for Aug. 28th, anyone else get that particular day to interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.