2009-2010 Louisiana State University Shreveport Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PROMPT

Identify your most fulfilling experience in:

Healthcare (limit 255 characters)

Leadership (limit 255 characters)

Research (limit 255 characters)

Volunteer Work (limit 255 characters)

LOR REQUIREMENTS
[SIZE=-1]
A letter from the Pre-professional Advisory Committee or its equivalent is the one we want and the only one you need. You can have up to three additional letters sent if you want, but these are not necessary.[/SIZE]

If your school does not have a committee,
[SIZE=-1]you should have 3 letters from college professors sent. We prefer that all 3 be from science professors, but letters from 2 science professors plus 1 from a non-science professor will suffice. You can have up to three additional letters sent if you want, but these are not necessary.[/SIZE]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fellow LSU-S applicants!

So I've been doing some research on secondary applications and here is what I found:

LSU-S's secondary is available via email. There is a screen for applicants (but it's just a state residency screen). More info can be found here. Also, there is a pdf version of what our secondary will be on the website, so check it out. I'll be checking the website, and I'll let you know when they update anything. If anyone hears from LSU-S, please post. :)

Best of luck this year. :luck: Geaux Tigers!!

I was just wondering for those who have already applied, have anyone received a secondary yet?

Also, for the residency screening, do they just check that you have put down Louisiana on your application or is there another system?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just wondering for those who have already applied, have anyone received a secondary yet?

Also, for the residency screening, do they just check that you have put down Louisiana on your application or is there another system?

No, no secondary yet. And I would assume they just check the AMCAS app.

Phew! I was scared for a second. I've received the LSU New Orleans Secondary, and I thought I was screened out of the LSU Shreveport one! XD

The only secondary I have received was from LSU-NO, and that was the day after they suposedly loaded the AMCAS appp... your in good company, LSU-S just might be slower to send out secondaries :)

Just wondering, it's already July and is this normal to not have received a secondary from LSU-shreveport yet? Also, in order for us to get the secondary, do they need to received your letter of rec?

Just received my secondary from Shreveport. I can't access the website...is anyone else having this issue?

I just got the secondary! The website worked for me. I copy and pasted the url from the e-mail. Is that the problem?

Hey guys, I saw this thread on a Google search. I'm going to LSU-S in August, but I had a friend who got into Tulane's Rural Scholars program with under a 30 on the MCAT and was accepted in March! I think they had trouble filling their positions or something. If you know you want to be a primary care doctor in Louisiana, definitely apply to Tulane and this program. I think you'd have a pretty good chance of getting in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get a status email today? And today is the 16th and a Thursday. Blah, they didn't change the date from last year.

LSU-S Email said:
  • Application Status Updates are emailed on Thursday afternoons beginning July 17, (except when the office is closed for a holiday or vacation)ONLYto applicants whose applications have been verified by AMCAS. The update will inform you of all materials we have received on your behalf or from you, i.e., completed Stage-2, application fee (which should include your photo), letters of recommendations, pre-medical advisory committee letters, etc. Also, the update will provide you with the status of your application, i.e., application being reviewed by Committee for a possible interview; your interview has been scheduled for a given date, etc. If it is not in the email, no need to call … we don't have it yet.

Anyone get a status email today? And today is the 16th and a Thursday. Blah, they didn't change the date from last year.

No, nothing in my inbox. I wondered about that. I hoped that maybe they would send something yesterday instead of next week, but it looks like we'll have to wait.

I received my application status report Friday 24 at about 1pm, and my application is complete! :D

If you have any problems or questions, don't hesitate to call the admissions office. The website has a few typos and mistakes, but they're very helpful on the phone or in person. The admissions offices of LSU and Tulane try, but just aren't that great with new technology (if you can really call the internet new technology).

I received an interview invite via e-mail about an hour and half ago.

We have to send a resume? :wtf: Luun, what day are you going?

lol, I forgot to send them a resume until the morning of the interview. So I just put it on my flash drive and brought it with me

I was loathing about doing the resume, but I think I'll just send in an edited version of my pre-med committee resume. Half the work already done there.

Hey guys, I just got the complete status e-mail this week...any idea on how long it will be before I can expect to hear anything? The lack of any news from my home state is slightly depressing :scared:

I got shreveport's secondary before new orleans. but each week i just keep getting that i'm getting considered for a possible interview. Its been a month now. Hmmm...

I got an interview invite today. I see in MSAR that they interviewed 235 last year and 116 matriculated. But does anyone know how many people they accepted total? (How many people they took off the waiting list?). I'm just trying to figure out odds here....

Just sent in my lunch order. .. Roast Beef, wheat bread, and a coke. Mmmm....

Just sent in my lunch order. .. Roast Beef, wheat bread, and a coke. Mmmm....

that's what I ate last year! It was actually really good. It made the trip up to Shreveport worthwhile

Does anyone know how often invitations are sent out? Daily? Weekly? Monthly?

I thought the envelope was quite thin to be an acceptance letter.

But yeah, they could have just stated "It's our pleasure to congratulate you on your acceptance," instead of "It's our pleasure to say we have taken favorable action on your application."

I thought the envelope was quite thin to be an acceptance letter.

But yeah, they could have just stated "It's our pleasure to congratulate you on your acceptance," instead of "It's our pleasure to say we have taken favorable action on your application."

haha, that's so the type of thing shreveport would write. sigh, anyway, congrats guys! very proud of you!

Woot! Me too. I still wasn't sure it was an acceptance til the end of the second sentence. What a strange way to word an acceptance.

If any of you have any questions regarding Shreveport, feel free to PM me or post on here. I'm a 4th year up at Shreveport, and as I draw nearer to the end, I find myself having more time on my hands;).

I got an acceptance on 12/10. The people at Shreveport are so awesome. Best interview I've ever attended. So nice.

If any of you have any questions regarding Shreveport, feel free to PM me or post on here. I'm a 4th year up at Shreveport, and as I draw nearer to the end, I find myself having more time on my hands;).

Surely you must have SOMETHING to do...

oh... wait.

Ha ha. You're one to talk. Posting at 5:36 AM. Obviously hard times in L&D...

anybody do EDP?

Last edited:
I received a letter yesterday from Shreveport that I was put on the acceptable list. Has this happened to anyone else? In te letter, it said that most but not all the applicants will receive an acceptance now until August. Ugh more waiting : /

I interviewed ab a month ago and got the same letter. Hopefully some seats will open up in April when they ask for people holding more than one seat to either claim or give up their seat in Shreveport. Right now, I'm sure they are at or near capacity. Just stay confident. And from the looks of your avatar I think I interviewed with you in NOLA.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got the same letter on Monday. I thought my interviews went extremely well, but Dr. Kennedy said that the best we could all hope for was to be put on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.