Class of 2013!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
i don't start classes until Aug 31. sooo late!

I haven't bought my first day outfit yet. But yes, there will be a new one.

Ooh! I should do that! :D I need to buy new clothes anyway. Throwing out all my work clothes (I work in an infectious diseases lab and honestly, most of this stuff needed to be tossed anyway) and I haven't bought new clothes in a long time now.

True, but I finish in early march.:oops:

:eek: When does M2 start?

Nice; just made some Chai Tea (out of coffee)

For a moment, I thought you mean that you used coffee to make Chai Tea.

I remember the first time I had chai tea. I was maybe ten or eleven and my reaction was basically: "I have no idea what the hell this is (coffee? tea??) but it's delicious!"

I went apartment hunting and and then we went to the Galeria mall, cuz my sister's best friend from high school lives in Dallas. Tomorrow I am meeting with a potential roommate.

Oh and since when is Dallas Humid:(::mad::eek::scared: Thankfully today was only 93 degrees because there was a lot of cloud cover.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and Myuu, the July- March school year sounds like awesome.:thumbup:

I went apartment hunting and and then we went to the Galeria mall, cuz my sister's best friend from high school lives in Dallas. Tomorrow I am meeting with a potential roommate.

Oh and since when is Dallas Humid:(::mad::eek::scared: Thankfully today was only 93 degrees because there was a lot of cloud cover.

Yay for clouds!

FUNKY.

Sorry to break it to you love, but Dallas is ALWAYS humid. Even if it's nice and sunny....somehow the humidity is still 90%+. Sorry :(

Good luck with the apartment! I think you leave before I get there, so when you come back, you know who to call :D

I am leaving on Wednesday, finally convinced my dad I could make the drive alone! Midland, TX bound for Wednesday, then I'll finish off the rest of the trip to Fort Worth on Thursday :cool:

Yeah, I'm a slight bit jealous of Myuu.

Just bc school is the part I'm excited-anxious about, while the rest (new location, new friends, etc) I'm just anxious about.
I am the opposite-excited about the new place and new people but honestly afraid of school. I am nervous for my freakin' pre-mat class and it's only 2 weeks and no grades :smack:
now that my schedule is all planned out I wanna start.
I can't wait till my life is organized....I hate this feeling.

I jammed my pinkie playing basketball today...it makes typing kinda hard

FUNKY.

Sorry to break it to you love, but Dallas is ALWAYS humid. Even if it's nice and sunny....somehow the humidity is still 90%+. Sorry :(

Good luck with the apartment! I think you leave before I get there, so when you come back, you know who to call :D

I am leaving on Wednesday, finally convinced my dad I could make the drive alone! Midland, TX bound for Wednesday, then I'll finish off the rest of the trip to Fort Worth on Thursday :cool:

Oh, for some reason I thought Dallas did not get the humidity.... maybe that is because during my interview, Ike hit, so I did not notice the humidity...

Oh and We will see each other on the road... kind of... we are leaving either tomorrow or wednesday... I stopped in Midland for gas yesterday, it was really nice. But don't worry, we will be able to meet in august, when I move to Dallas:D

OMBD The apartment hunt is going okay... my parents got angry that I did not start looking when I got accepted in November, but I really did not know where I would be going in November though... the ones that the university owns is already full:(

I hope The meeting with the potential roommate goes well, because then I will not have to worry about finding an apartment, because he owns a condo...

Oh, for some reason I thought Dallas did not get the humidity.... maybe that is because during my interview, Ike hit, so I did not notice the humidity...

Oh and We will see each other on the road... kind of... we are leaving either tomorrow or wednesday... I stopped in Midland for gas yesterday, it was really nice. But don't worry, we will be able to meet in august, when I move to Dallas:D

OMBD The apartment hunt is going okay... my parents got angry that I did not start looking when I got accepted in November, but I really did not know where I would be going in November though... the ones that the university owns is already full:(

I hope The meeting with the potential roommate goes well, because then I will not have to worry about finding an apartment, because he owns a condo...

That would be great :thumbup:

:smuggrin::smuggrin::laugh::laugh::lol::rofl:

enjoy Texas...yep...Dallas is ALWAYS HUMID...just not as humid as Houston

Hey guys!!!

I am unbelievably tired right now. The day is done, security check is finished, and now I have to prep for tomorrow. :mad:

My bus is going all the way to UConn School of Medicine in a cow town (Farmington...LOL). and I and my students have to be at the crack of dawn for departure.

OMG...7 more days

You can't start school on my birthday. I forbid it. You go tell your dean I'm delaying class for a day.

Whoohoo! Take that Dean Taylor! :p

The last one I'll ever have!

Still, 4 months is pretty ridiculous. I r jealous :laugh:

Hey guys!!!

I am unbelievably tired right now. The day is done, security check is finished, and now I have to prep for tomorrow. :mad:

My bus is going all the way to UConn School of Medicine in a cow town (Farmington...LOL). and I and my students have to be at the crack of dawn for departure.

OMG...7 more days

Hang in there riceman! :)

The last one I'll ever have!:thumbup:

...:cry:

Yeah, I'm really torn about what to do with my (last!) summer. I think I only get 2.5 months, which doesn't give me much time to have fun if I want to research. :( There's a part of me that really, really just wants to blow off research and take the summer off, but then I'll probably just get bored. I think my ideal situation will be to drag Mr. Quirks to Ghana so he can meet the rest of my family and see where I grew up, then go to Turkey for 2 weeks, and then return to Ghana and do... something there. It'd be really cool if I could do some clinical research there. Some how. My mother'd love for me to spend one last summer with her, and I'd love it too. :)

wait a sec, Chubs did you change your name back? The other one was cool, haha :)

whoa, I did a little research and it turns out that I thought you had changed your name, but someone else just ripped you off I think...

Hey guys!!!

OMG...7 more days

Hey babe :love:

Yeah, I'm really torn about what to do with my (last!) summer. I think I only get 2.5 months, which doesn't give me much time to have fun if I want to research. :( There's a part of me that really, really just wants to blow off research and take the summer off, but then I'll probably just get bored. I think my ideal situation will be to drag Mr. Quirks to Ghana so he can meet the rest of my family and see where I grew up, then go to Turkey for 2 weeks, and then return to Ghana and do... something there. It'd be really cool if I could do some clinical research there. Some how. My mother'd love for me to spend one last summer with her, and I'd love it too. :)

I am going to beg for the "clinical" research arena instead of lab work. Plleeease peds dept, pick me!

whoa, I did a little research and it turns out that I thought you had changed your name, but someone else just ripped you off I think...
o, haha..i thought you were making fun of me...ok i recant my last statement.

I just watched Bolt..it was a good movie.

Are you kidding me, it was really predictable and childish... but this is coming from the guy who just watched Ice Age II. I really wanna see the third one now. Oh and the singing and dancing sloths are AWESOME. The song is stuck in my head now...

Eh, it is 10:30.... central time... I am gonna go sleep... have a good night y'all!

Are you kidding me, it was really predictable and childish... but this is coming from the guy who just watched Ice Age II. I really wanna see the third one now. Oh and the singing and dancing sloths are AWESOME. The song is stuck in my head now...

Eh, it is 10:30.... central time... I am gonna go sleep... have a good night y'all!

I haven't seen any of the Ice Age movies. Or the Toy Story ones. :( This needs to be fixed, but I don't want to watch them by myself. I should suck it up and netflix them since everyone's seen then already. :oops:

argh, I had wanted to get to work early tomorrow and here I am still awake. Goodnight!

umm..so are 90% of all movies?

We don't really have a Dean right now, as he just got promoted to Chancellor :thumbup:

He's transitioning out of the old role and into the new one, but I'm not sure who is going to replace him.