2010-2011 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:
1. Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition.
2. The honor code for the Texas A&M College of Medicine is: "A Texas A&M medical student is a professional who exhibits leadership, honesty, integrity, compassion, respect and self-discipline." Please briefly discuss what activities or personal attributes demonstrate best that you would be a good custodian of our honor code.
3. Describe any circumstances indicative of some hardship, such as, but not limited to, financial difficulties, personal or family illness, a medical condition, a death in the immediate family, educational disadvantage, or disability. (Do not leave blank. If not applicable, please so indicate.)
4. OPTIONAL QUESTION: List the area (or areas) of medicine that appeals to you and briefly explain. (Limit your explanation to 50 words or 250 characters for each area of interest you list.) Do not leave blank. If not applicable, please so indicate.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am stuck on question #2

Any good suggestions. That is the type of questions where I feel I would have to bs my way through.

Has anyones status moved beyond pending? Mine has been like that for two weeks. It says they are probably reviewing the LORs but jeez....

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyones status moved beyond pending? Mine has been like that for two weeks. It says they are probably reviewing the LORs but jeez....

Does it say they have received your LORs? Mine were verified by TMDSAS way back in May but it's the only thing on my A&M secondary page that isn't showing up as completed.

No, that it is the only thing that is missing. I was also verified way back when and submitted my secondary the first day of July. I am thinking that something should change this week and a lot of people should be getting interview invites! Probably not me though :( I will keep my fingers crossed for all of us.

That's frustrating lol my primary was sent to schools on 6/9 and I actually submitted the secondary 6/4

same with everyone, mine's still pending because of the missing LORs. lets hope they show up soon!

i submitted my secondary mid june..and still says it is pending

From last year's thread, I noticed the first interview invite was sent end july!

Texas A&M just updated my secondary app page to say that they've accepted my LORs but my status still says Pending. Has anything changed for anyone else?

Mine still says pending with my LORs missing... I have a friend who submitted primary and secondary at the beginning of June and his LORs were approved/showed up last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Texas A&M just updated my secondary app page to say that they've accepted my LORs but my status still says Pending. Has anything changed for anyone else?

How long did it take for them to post your letters on your status page after TMDSAS processed them?

I submitted my primary on 5/20 and it was transmitted on 6/9. I submitted my secondary on 6/4. My letters finally showed up on Friday. I think it was about 2 weeks from when my primary was received until the letters show up. I'm sure it won't be too long!

My file just went under review today :D Lets hope that interview follows suit in a few days. Best of luck everyone !!

My file just went under review today :D Lets hope that interview follows suit in a few days. Best of luck everyone !!
When was your file complete/everything received by A&M and how long did it take them to change your status from pending to complete after everything was received?

When was your file complete/everything received by A&M and how long did it take them to change your status from pending to complete after everything was received?

My file was complete around July 24th, I submitted everything including my secondary around May 25th but the LORs took along time to verify since they are changing buildings. Then soon after I went under review... about 2 days.

Howdy TAMHSC applicants,
Make sure you check your spam mail if you have yahoo email and are expecting an interview from TAMHSC. I checked mine on a whim to find my interview invitation. Good luck!

has anyone else been invited to interview on August 12?

I just got an invite for 8/12 a few minutes ago! Check your emails!:)

Congrats all! Mind sharing when yall's apps were transmitted? I'm getting kinda worried. :scared:

hey guys...my app is still processing...how long did it take you guys to get the secondary after your file was complete w/ tmdsas?

hey guys...my app is still processing...how long did it take you guys to get the secondary after your file was complete w/ tmdsas?

you can do the secondary now, you don't have to wait. the link is on the tmdsas site or you could google "tmdsas secondary app"

I also got an interview invite for the MD program on the 12 and the MD/PhD program on the 11. My app was transmitted to schools on 6/19 and I submitted my secondary 7/4.

I was really excited about A&M, but Im not sure about their practice of separating the incoming class into groups of like 36 students and having to make the decision of being either in temple or college station, or both.

Could there be any advantage to this?

The secondary asks for the regional location of my city. I'm not sure what's meant by that. Any help?

The secondary asks for the regional location of my city. I'm not sure what's meant by that. Any help?

I googled regional location, and I think it means the county in which you live in!

Just got an interview invite :). I'm from OOS and need to know the best way to get to Texas A&M's Temple campus. I can't find any direct flights to the TPL-Draughon-Miller Central Texas Regional airport. Are there other airports close enough which you would recommend? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Just got an interview invite :). I'm from OOS and need to know the best way to get to Texas A&M's Temple campus. I can't find any direct flights to the TPL-Draughon-Miller Central Texas Regional airport. Are there other airports close enough which you would recommend? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Since you're OOS, I'd recommend actually calling A&M and seeing if they'll let you switch to an interview in College Station. There's an airport there. It's a pretty reasonable request and I know of people who did that. If you go to Temple, I think your only choices are to really fly to Austin/Waco/College Station and probably renting a car, which can get pretty expensive.

You can fly into the Killeen Fort Hood airport and it's actually pretty close- say 30 min. You can get a shuttle from there to Temple. The flights aren't that much more expensive and Continental, American, and Delta all fly in there. I'm sure if you talk to some students at Temple they'd be willing to help you. I also might be willing. I live about halfway between the airport and Scott and White hospital and I shadow a physician at S&W every week.
They should also be pretty willing to change your interview location if you need it. Good luck.

does anyone know if theres any rhyme or reason to which campus you interview at? my friend and I are interviewing the same day but different locations...it would be a lot cheaper (hotel costs, travel) if we were both at the same place...would it be a bad idea to call and see if one of us can change? the cost of all this stuff is starting to add up! thanks for any help

does anyone know if theres any rhyme or reason to which campus you interview at? my friend and I are interviewing the same day but different locations...it would be a lot cheaper (hotel costs, travel) if we were both at the same place...would it be a bad idea to call and see if one of us can change? the cost of all this stuff is starting to add up! thanks for any help

You're randomly assigned to a campus to interview at. And the campus you interview at isn't necessarily the campus you'll go to school at if you get in. You can try calling them but from what I've heard, if you need to change locations, they'll most likely change your date, too.

Just got an interview invite 8/19 in Temple. :soexcited:

Does Texas A&M (Temple) have a social event the night before? Trying to decide whether to try to fly or not.

Good Luck everybody!

So I submitted my secondary a while ago, but the secondary part on the status still says false?
Did I do anything wrong or what not?

Hey all - my secondary app went into A&M on 6/11 and TMDSAS transmitted my primary on 7/7. BAMF still has my status as pending with only the secondary app and fee showing up as "true". I feel like I should be seeing some updates on BAMF but maybe I'm just anxious. Any thoughts? Seems to me that if I'm interviewable I should hear in the next 3ish weeks - does that sound reasonable?

I was transmitted on 7/13 and everything is "true" on my status expect my LOR...

How long did it take for you guys who got an interview or who are under review to get everything as "true" and to get reviewed?

I was transmitted on 7/13 and everything is "true" on my status expect my LOR...

How long did it take for you guys who got an interview or who are under review to get everything as "true" and to get reviewed?

I'm under review right now. It took almost 3 weeks for my LORs to get updated! Just hang on tight, even when you go under review it can take forever. I've been under review for weeks now... Hopefully Im not stuck as under review forever and actually get an interview!

Hey everyone,

I submitted my secondary today, and now when I log in to view my submitted application I notice that even though I had a space between each paragraph for each of my responses, they've all been removed-- now it just looks like one big block of text for each of the questions...

Did I do something wrong, or is this normal? I'm worried now... I wish I could have been able to preview the application before submitting...

Thanks a lot!

Hey everyone,

I submitted my secondary today, and now when I log in to view my submitted application I notice that even though I had a space between each paragraph for each of my responses, they've all been removed-- now it just looks like one big block of text for each of the questions...

Did I do something wrong, or is this normal? I'm worried now... I wish I could have been able to preview the application before submitting...

Thanks a lot!

It's normal. :)

I just hate re-reading my essays (especially when they're grouped like this) after submission. They sound 3x less intelligent.

I haven't registered on their site yet, but am finalizing my essays for the primary application first.

Can someone tell me what is the max number of words or characters per essay on the secondary application? They are written, but I want to wait to proofread until I know how much I need to cut.

Any non traditionals applying to A&M that have been out of school for over 10 years? Who do they want for references if I am no longer in contact with any professors?

I haven't registered on their site yet, but am finalizing my essays for the primary application first.

Can someone tell me what is the max number of words or characters per essay on the secondary application? They are written, but I want to wait to proofread until I know how much I need to cut.

Any non traditionals applying to A&M that have been out of school for over 10 years? Who do they want for references if I am no longer in contact with any professors?

There is no official word limit

Question for you guys:
Does Texas A&M have a student host program?

Comments on other posts:
I've noticed that other secondaries also get rid of your paragraph breaks when you submit, but I've been assured that the med schools see the essays with your original formatting, so don't sweat it.
For essay questions without word limits, I keep the length at 300-500 words, similar to the length of other secondary essays. However, for Texas A&M's questions I was probably closer to 200 words per essay. That was simply because I did not have a lot to say which was not already in my primary application.
Also, I never read my essays after submitting them:) It's only depressing if you find errors after it's too late:oops:

I interviewed in Temple last year...no student hosts and no social events before or after from what I remember.

Hmmmmm... this BAMF thing is weird. I already paid and submitted the secondary. It has my secondary as being received but no payment. Also, nothing is listed for LOR which is REALLY weird b/c they should have that.

I just graduated from A&M for crying out loud. Can't someone just walk across the street and grab my committee letter? ;)

Hmmmmm... this BAMF thing is weird. I already paid and submitted the secondary. It has my secondary as being received but no payment. Also, nothing is listed for LOR which is REALLY weird b/c they should have that.

I just graduated from A&M for crying out loud. Can't someone just walk across the street and grab my committee letter? ;)

The LORs take foreverrrrr to show up. From when my primary was received, I think it took at least an extra 2 weeks for the letters to show up. I understand your frustration, I'm still taking classes at A&M right now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.