2010-2011 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:

If you wish to update or expand upon your activities, you may provide additional information below. (500 words)

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wanted to be the first to wish you all best of luck :luck:

UCSF is the BEST hopefully i can post here as an M1 in a couple months :xf:

It seems wrong that I'm posting on here before shemarty is, but YEAH UCSF! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
are you implying it was wrong of me to post before both of you :shifty:

are you implying it was wrong of me to post before both of you :shifty:
:smuggrin:

It's OK, OneMCATAway. I have a feeling I'll be posting lots and lots in this thread. You might as well pass me the torch of "Longshot Desperate UCSF Underdogs" now! :D

Though, I might be more of an undercat than an underdog. :p

This is definitely one of my "don't have a chance but let's see anyway" schools. :xf:

I am applying. I want to get out of Florida, if possible, and see what the rest of the US has to offer. First stop, west coast.. Why not.

yes, I imagine I'll be around this thread too. Hopefully for a while :)

It has been my dream for the past 5+ years to go to this school. Only now is it that I truly feel capable of living up to it - if they let me. To hope beyond hopes is a reason to strive.

Good luck to all!

It seems wrong that I'm posting on here before shemarty is, but YEAH UCSF! :love:

I didn't realize the 2010-2011 threads were up, so I have no choice but to come out of retirement for 10 seconds to say...

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!

:xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck:

Alrighty, byebye again :hello:

I didn't realize the 2010-2011 threads were up, so I have no choice but to come out of retirement for 10 seconds to say...

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!

:xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck:

Alrighty, byebye again :hello:

Awww...I thought you were about to go Brett Favre on us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! As shemarty has retired from SDN, I'm here to answer your UCSF questions. I'll be checking in regularly through the cycle so feel free to toss out any questions here. Good luck! :luck:

Hi all! As shemarty has retired from SDN, I'm here to answer your UCSF questions. I'll be checking in regularly through the cycle so feel free to toss out any questions here. Good luck! :luck:
Yay!! I was wondering how we were going to go on without Shemarty this year!!

But how do we know you aren't she in disguise? :idea:

Yay!! I was wondering how we were going to go on without Shemarty this year!!

But how do we know you aren't she in disguise? :idea:

I really wish I could be here for you guys this year! :(
I do know who UCSFstudent is, and I promise it's not me.

I might still read this thread from time to time, but I won't be posting anymore or answering PMs. :ninja:

Definitely my TOP TOP TOP choice. :love::xf:

Good luck everyone!!! :D

Hey, does anyone know when we'll be able to create our accounts to check status on 2011 applications? The current page still says 2010 applications.

Probably once they send out secondaries. They screen so it might take a while.
Looking at last year's thread, I see that people were logging into this system shortly after being complete with AMCAS, and definitely before receiving secondaries.

ETA: I just called. The status checking system is not available yet.

The application status check is available for 2011

"Thank you for applying to the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine. We have received your AMCAS application.

Our Admissions Committee will carefully review your application. We expect you will hear from the committee any time between now and about twelve weeks from now. Invitations to submit a secondary application will be sent after this review is completed. No additional information is needed at this time, and in fact, additional information cannot be added to your file during this review.

You will be notified of updates to your application via email and also on this site. Please check back regularly and feel free to explore the UCSF website in more detail."

"Thank you for applying to the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine. We have received your AMCAS application.

Our Admissions Committee will carefully review your application. We expect you will hear from the committee any time between now and about twelve weeks from now. Invitations to submit a secondary application will be sent after this review is completed. No additional information is needed at this time, and in fact, additional information cannot be added to your file during this review.

You will be notified of updates to your application via email and also on this site. Please check back regularly and feel free to explore the UCSF website in more detail."

did u get an email?

Hmm, strange. I definitely get an error message for mine. Maybe they haven't put everyone in yet?

Hmm, strange. I definitely get an error message for mine. Maybe they haven't put everyone in yet?

Are you getting the same error message as I am when creating an account?

"Account Creation Failed : Invalid AAMC and / or Birthdate"

No e-mail. I was on the UCSF website and noticed the application center page had changed to 2011. I was able to create an account and login fine.

Yup, that's what I see as well.

I haven't gotten the email yet, did you guys who are having issues with loggging in receive emails yet?

I haven't gotten the email yet, did you guys who are having issues with loggging in receive emails yet?

Yep, I'm getting that. And I haven't gotten the email yet either...

I'm OOS, wonder if that's relevant.

Yep, I'm getting that. And I haven't gotten the email yet either...

I'm OOS, wonder if that's relevant.

I'm IS and haven't gotten it either. And I get the "Invalid AMCAS/Birthdate" error too. Probably going in batches like every school.

Hmm, interesting. I agree, probably updated in batches.
I am OOS, but my AMCAS was verified 06/01 -- maybe that's why?

Hmm, interesting. I agree, probably updated in batches.
I am OOS, but my AMCAS was verified 06/01 -- maybe that's why?

Yeah, I was 6/2 IS, but I'll post when I get the email.

Verified 6/01, IS..I'm sure there's some kind of system they have...no need to panic.

Maybe I'm only so calm because this has happened to me at a few other schools where i'm not the "very first person" to get any type of notification...lol
:luck: everyone!

Verified 6/01, IS..I'm sure there's some kind of system they have...no need to panic.

Maybe I'm only so calm because this has happened to me at a few other schools where i'm not the "very first person" to get any type of notification...lol
:luck: everyone!

Lol, yeah, I feel like I was at the end of the line for BU. Here's to not getting screened out! :luck:

Verified 7/06 OOS. I was able to create an account and log in today, with the same results as mosbius designs. I can't believe a auto-generated greeting "Hi [Applicant]" message is enough to get me excited already.

Application status site works for me. I'm OOS, verified 6/1

Verified 7/06 OOS. I was able to create an account and log in today, with the same results as mosbius designs. I can't believe a auto-generated greeting "Hi [Applicant]" message is enough to get me excited already.

It sounds like you DID get an email though from UCSF...that is what is setting apart the kids that can and cannot log in...

I did not get an email.

Hmm...odd. Well, I'd rather wait and not risk having the adcom notice something funky with my application...that is to say, the adcom noticing that I created a login before I was supposed to. Maybe I'm just paranoid haha..

."Date AMCAS received: 7/14. Date account created: 7/12."

Hmm...odd. Well, I'd rather wait and not risk having the adcom notice something funky with my application...that is to say, the adcom noticing that I created a login before I was supposed to. Maybe I'm just paranoid haha..

."Date AMCAS received: 7/14. Date account created: 7/12."

I don't think you can create an account until your AMCAS app is verified and goes out to the schools. Anyway, 12 weeks from now is the end of September--I wouldn't get worried for a while.

Last year, I was able to create an account online much earlier than when the official UCSF email told me to. That welcome email came in early July, followed quickly afterwards by the secondary invitation. They're gearing up for the admissions cycle so don't worry if your account isn't available yet. It means nothing!

I'm OOS, verified 7/6... but couldn't create my account. No can haz! :(

Just got the welcome email, saying they're starting to review.

Is this good or bad?

Thank you for applying to the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine. Your file is ready for review to determine if you will be selected to submit a secondary application. This decision will be made any time in the next twelve weeks. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept any updates to your file at this time.

We regret that we are unable to read replies to this email address. Applicants are encouraged to visit our website for more information.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
UCSF School of Medicine

screened in at ucsf.

major YAY!

arigold: i think it's good? i got the same email you got followed by another one saying i had a status update. i logged in to find i'd been invited to complete secondary.

screened in at ucsf.

major YAY!

arigold: i think it's good? i got the same email you got followed by another one saying i had a status update. i logged in to find i'd been invited to complete secondary.

congrats! are you IS or OOS?

screened in at ucsf.

major YAY!

when were u verified?

Status
Not open for further replies.