Love letters to Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaseface

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So all my thank you cards are sent... I haven't heard anything from my top choices except for the standard thanks for coming have a great day email.
I really, really have my heart set on my #1 and #2 programs and want to email a love letter to the PD, but I'm not exactly sure what is appropriate to say. Any advice?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Diamonds. Nothing says I love you like that, and nothing less than a 1 carat center stone will do :laugh:

In all seriousness, send thank you cards to your interviewers, the program coordinator, the PD and chairman/woman. Point out specifics that you liked about them and the program. You can also throw in that they are "among your top choices" or "I would love to be a resident here". I know there was another thread discussing the issue of placing their rank in your correspondence, so I'll defer to that, but I personally wouldn't (and didn't) do anything other than what I mentioned above.

Diamonds it is, and maybe CZs to the rest of my rank list?:p

Members don't see this ad :)
Love letters don't work....

A short note stating that you would be honored to train at that program, with a 1-2 sentence statement of why the program is a good fit for you might.

Most programs interview 50+ people for a few spots. Everybody has a haircut, wear's black suits, and is "so excited to interview" there. Getting your name in quickly one last time can't hurt. Programs like to know that they are wanted.

With that said, I do not recommend interviewing in the midst of growing a beard or pony tail, and trying out that raccoon coat from Burlington coat factory.

Ok so I won't call them love letters...just want letters,
and the gist of the content will just be me stating I want you to want me...I need you to need me...I'd Love you to love me. :p
oh and I think me+your program= perfect fit
Sending these out ASAP...without diamonds and czs, they don't fit in emails.
AHH is it March 14th yet??!!!?? I can't do this anymore!