Chinese is very hard!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LordJesusTTT

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking Chinese this semester so that I can use what I learn when I go to China one day. It is very hard!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you taking Mandarin?

Members don't see this ad :)
I bet! Great to know though. When I traveled china it was easy to find students that spoke English just about everywhere. Many of their schools have an English requirement I believe. China is supposed to surpass our economy in a few years according to IMF experts.

whythe %^&* would anyone want to learn chinese ?

Learning spanish is more beneficial

Banned already?? lol

I think that's arguable. I think in a grand, global-village, international business sort of sense, Chinese is far more beneficial.

Why is this post in pre-dental again?
We all had hard courses/projects/labs/essays/problem sets and/or unfair professor/TAs and/or incompetent/lazy team members. You don't see us whining about it.

Well, while you've been tucked away in your Kobe world the Chinese have simply become a major economic power. The whole world has been striving to learn English for the past 60-70 years since we've been running the show. However, as I said above, our economy is predicted to be surpassed by the Chinese in a few years. Meaning, Kobefan, that we will be #2. So, this is why a lot of people want to learn Chinese.

Seems like this thread was a joke though, oh well.

Kobe Bryant goes to China every summer to promote his shoes, I don't see him going to Latin America or Spain much.

On a side note, are Chinese dentists forced to practice in saturated metropolitan areas? 90% of my Chinese dentists' clients are Chinese as well. Would an Asian dentists fair well in suburbs or rural areas where it lacks diversity?

I think a really good site for learning language is:

http://gloss.dliflc.edu/Default.aspx
There are a lot of languages and the material is great (Listening and reading tests and practice).

It is free and put together by the The Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC). The DLIFLC is a multi-service school for active and reserve components, foreign military students, and civilian personnel working in the federal government and various law enforcement agencies. For more info on DLIFLC:http://www.dliflc.edu/about.html

Totally Cool.

Well, while you've been tucked away in your Kobe world the Chinese have simply become a major economic power. The whole world has been striving to learn English for the past 60-70 years since we've been running the show. However, as I said above, our economy is predicted to be surpassed by the Chinese in a few years. Meaning, Kobefan, that we will be #2. So, this is why a lot of people want to learn Chinese.

Seems like this thread was a joke though, oh well.

Although for our entire lives we will encounter a vastly higher number of potential patients who speak Spanish than those who speak Chinese. What is it, a 20% latino population now? Plus, I have yet to meet someone in the United States who speaks Chinese without also speaking English, whereas I have met many who only speak Spanish.

I agree Spanish would be more useful for a predent. If we were international businessmen, or if we worked in overseas advertising, it might be different.