|04-14-2012, 03:33 PM||#1|
Au.D. Student Life Hacks
I was reading through life hacks for productivity on 4chan and decided that it could be a useful thread here. In a nutshell, life hacks are tricks or advice that provide solutions to every day tasks, problems, frustrations, etc. or life in general. Many of the 'hacks' out there are quite simple to incorporate and make life that much easier. How about a comprehensive list for Au.D. students?
1. Start your capstone research as early as possible. I cannot state this enough. Your last academic semester is busy enough. Not having my project done made it a nightmare at times.
2. Citeulike.org -- Manage, store, auto-cite references, search articles, automated related article recommendations. There are other tools out there I'm sure, but this one has been a blessing for me.
3. Use add-ons for your web browser to help you prevent wasting time. You can block time wasting websites at specific time blocks during the day.
-LeechBlock for Mozilla, StayFocused for Chrome, Safari? IE?
4. Did I mention start your research early?
5. Download Speech Masking App. Useful for clinic and some assignments in your first year. Calculates effective masking level for you.
Add more as you see fit.
Last edited by Dustbug10; 04-17-2012 at 04:50 PM.
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 AM.