****The Official Tufts University Class of 2017 Acceptance Thread****

Does this mean invites are coming out this week??

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my interview! Email, offered Nov 19, 20, 26, and 27. Does anyone know if they offer dates OTHER than Mondays and Tuesdays?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my invite yesterday and am scheduled for Nov 26th.

Did you guys ever receive an application complete email from Tufts? After I sent in my fee, I never received notification that my file was complete or anything on AADSAS

Ugh I only had the last date left, the 27th. I wonder if I'll hear back from them by December 3rd??

I got my invite 10/16 and scheduled for nov 13 because I couldn't do the other 4 dates. The administration people were super nice and accommodating. Definitely looking forward to the interview :)

invited for an interivew, 29th of november !!!! :) im so excited

If I have an interview for Nov. 30th, would I still be considered for the Dec. 3 offers? I know for some schools, the answer is yes--but I'm not sure about Tufts.

If I have an interview for Nov. 30th, would I still be considered for the Dec. 3 offers? I know for some schools, the answer is yes--but I'm not sure about Tufts.

I don't think the whole dec 3 works for tufts. Since they start so late interviewing and that they are rolling admissions probably means December or January interviews are not that bad in terms of chances of acceptance. My opinion though, who knows.

Thanks for sharing. Did you people ever get an program finish e-mail from Tufts? After I sent in my fee, I never obtained alert that my computer file was complete.

Tufts didn't send out any "application complete" e-mails.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Tufts was handing out interviews every Tues, still waiting for mine........:confused:

Interviewed 10/11... Should be hearing back soon! I am sooooooooo nervous!!! :(:confused::xf::scared::shrug::boom::lame::bang:

Are they still sending out interviews for pre-dec?

I doubt it, cause when I set mine up in the middle of October, all they had left was November 27th, but maybe they'll be able to squeeze in a couple more?

Honestly don't worry about it if you don't get a pre-dec interview. Tufts operates on a much later schedule than the other schools. The waiting sucks and not knowing Dec 1 sucks, but the wait is worth it. I'm a D16 at Tufts and I just went through this process last year so I'm very familiar with how it works. As long as you have an interview before the end of January, you're pretty much guarenteed to get accepted. They show you the numbers during your interview, they accept over 75% of people they interview, and the rest are usually waitlisted due to the class filling up. If you get a late interview, like mid-Feb or March one, you're most likely fighting for a waitlist spot.

Best of luck! Tufts is an awesome school and I highly recommend everyone to come here. I am very confident that I am getting an excellent clinical education and will be well prepared for a career in dentistry.

Ah ok, thanks! Emailed them and they said they were still sending out interview invites weekly - hopefully I get one soon!!

I'll be honest, I've interviewed at 6 schools now (including UOP, UCSF, and UCLA) and Tufts was definitely my favorite (UCLA second favorite). Not the most eco-friendly with materials but I can assure you that they are THOROUGH. I was very impressed by the facilities, very elegant 15 story building, kind faculty and students, AND it's right in Downtown Boston! Or somewhere nicely located in Boston haha. I might not end up there because I'm not too keen on leaving my home state, but if you have the $$ or some scholarship (I'm doing the Navy HPSP) then I would seriously consider it! It looks like a wonderful clinical experience, they have so many specialties. Also, the interview was very laid back and there were no tricky questions. Open file. PM me if you have questions :)

I'll be honest, I've interviewed at 6 schools now (including UOP, UCSF, and UCLA) and Tufts was definitely my favorite (UCLA second favorite). Not the most eco-friendly with materials but I can assure you that they are THOROUGH. I was very impressed by the facilities, very elegant 15 story building, kind faculty and students, AND it's right in Downtown Boston! Or somewhere nicely located in Boston haha. I might not end up there because I'm not too keen on leaving my home state, but if you have the $$ or some scholarship (I'm doing the Navy HPSP) then I would seriously consider it! It looks like a wonderful clinical experience, they have so many specialties. Also, the interview was very laid back and there were no tricky questions. Open file. PM me if you have questions :)
that's nice to hear :) my interview is on the 29th, and I am so excited to go. TUFTS is very high on my list of schools and I hear Boston is beautiful. Can you go a little further explaining your interview? how many people interviewed you? and what kind of questions did you get? I really appreciate all your help :) thanks!

Has anyone heard from Tufts in the past few weeks?
Nothing- first Sandy, then the election, now Thanksgiving... :/

I get the feeling Tufts starts later than other schools? Just speculating...

Hi guys!

I got an interview invite today- nearly swerved off the road when i saw the email. I'm scheduled for Dec. 14th- I thought interviews were in January (guess I got to move up my hair appt to change it back from blue lol)? Anyone else hear back?? Let me know I'd be happy to work together and prep for it!!

Hi guys!

I got an interview invite today- nearly swerved off the road when i saw the email. I'm scheduled for Dec. 14th- I thought interviews were in January (guess I got to move up my hair appt to change it back from blue lol)? Anyone else hear back?? Let me know I'd be happy to work together and prep for it!!
Hey Sidvicious, congrats, but just wondering are you pre-vet? Anyways good luck @ the interview!

Did people who were invited for an interview receive a blue booklet from Tufts?

I asked admissions about the blue booklet and they said that starting this year, the booklet will be given on the day of our interview (instead of mailing them).

that's nice to hear :) my interview is on the 29th, and I am so excited to go. TUFTS is very high on my list of schools and I hear Boston is beautiful. Can you go a little further explaining your interview? how many people interviewed you? and what kind of questions did you get? I really appreciate all your help :) thanks!

They tell you that you will either get a faculty & D4 student or 1 faculty or 1 (trained) D4 student. They told us it's randomly assigned but they actually have some sort of "quality control" to make sure the D4 students are trained to interview beforehand. I had a faculty and D4 student. Both were very nice and um...honestly my faculty member complimented my application more than asked questions haha. She'd look at it and compliment something and then on a few points she'd ask me to explain what they were or just describe it....so I guess I'd recommend you review your application before the interview since it's open file...and also they REALLY like that you ask questions, so come in prepared with at least 3! The interview style was somewhat Q&A but it was very laid back and friendly, not really firing questions or anything, very relaxed! Also, at lunch time I didn't have my food for more than 10 minutes before my faculty member found me so I didn't really eat because I didn't want to make them wait. BUT you can bring it with you and finish it later :) but just a heads up that they might approach you while you're talking to students, so be ready. Hope this was helpful :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that they give you a blue book (and 2 others, but they're less important), it's about 100 pages worth of information, basically a Tufts Encyclopedia. Has EVERYTHING in it!!! Clubs, Financial Aid, Student Life, Housing, Board P/F rates, Curriculum, etc. EVERYTHING.

I absolutely loved this school when I visited... Ughhh I wish it wasn't so gosh darn expensive. :(

I absolutely loved this school when I visited... Ughhh I wish it wasn't so gosh darn expensive. :(

+1

Also, my interview was one-on-one with a fourth year and I basically interviewed her with all of my questions :x

What kind of questions do they ask in the interview for you who have gone to one so far? Any curve ball questions or anything like that? What did they seem to focus on most. One school I went to basically asked me what happened for every single bad grade that I had. That was their theme I guess. Does Tufts do something similar, maybe with a different topic?

Thanks in advance. Please let me know my interview is in a couple of days.