New Front Page Article -- 20 Questions: Eva Markham, Ed.D.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello everyone! There is a new article on the SDN Front Page that may interest you -- 20 Questions: Eva Markham, Ed.D. Here is a brief excerpt from the article:

If you could do it over again (become a clinical psychologist), would you?

Actually, I probably would. With psychologists likely to gain the ability to prescribe medication in most jurisdictions over the next 10-15 years, I think the discipline will have wonderful opportunities for practitioners. Psychologists are ideally trained as scientist-practitioners with unique capacity for serving people with a variety of needs. All of our training is focused on human development. We have wonderful gifts to offer society.

Enjoy!
zipmedic
Associate Editor-in-Chief
SDN Front Page

Members don't see this ad.

20. What advice do you have for students desiring to pursue a career in clinical psychology?

Students should do their very best to avoid incurring a large amount of debt in getting their training. For those individuals who find themselves unable to get what they need without loans, I would strongly encourage them to explore options for practice which qualify them for loan forgiveness or repayment. Salaries in the field simply are not high enough to let us graduate, repay our loans, and get on with the business of buying homes, establishing families, etc. It is a wonderful field, but one that is not compensated as well as it should be.

very well put