Medical student solidarity letter for Gaza

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texasranger2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

A number of us from HMS with medical students at Tufts and BU have
written a letter in solidarity with the civilians in Gaza who are
suffering a health and human rights catastrophe. As a Jew, I feel
like I have a particular responsibility to speak up. We will be
submitting this to the student version of the Lancet. We invite you
to add your voices. We are working on organizing an event where
physicians who have worked on the ground in Gaza recently will share
their experiences and will keep you posted.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=p--BqWCFXm7KC87vlo1PLdw

Best,
Sim Kimmel

Note: I have copied and pasted this message from a mass email sent by the above author to different medical schools.

In order for your signatures to be included in the letter, they must be submitted by tomorrow night. (Sunday Jan 10)

Members don't see this ad.

Please read this letter carefully before you sign it. A number of us at BU have concerns about this letter as it appears to be very one-sided against Israel.

This letter is one sided and selective with facts.

Members don't see this ad :)
This letter is one sided and selective with facts.

A lot like our 'credible' American media... oh, wait a second they are actually on the wrong side of the issue. It is obvious that the killed 850 Gazans (most of which are civilians) are the transgressors, not the Israeli's (who lost 12 soldiers).

If you don't like bias, then why don't you draft a letter that seeks justice. That lays out the facts. That is truly humanistic in its nature, not manipulative. I wonder how certain people (mainly officials) can sleep at night. Either they are really ignorant enough to believe the media/propaganda, or they look at Palestinians (and the entire 3rd world for that matter) as less than full humans. Hell, our ancestors thought slavery was ok, what's the harm in killing/wounding over 4000 Palestinians in 2 weeks (after imposing a tight siege on them for 2 years).

Nonetheless, ygree001 and eagle34, your points are well taken.The victim must abide by all the rules imposed on them, whereas the transgressor gets away with anything without being called on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.