Hi i am a prospective Med peds resident. I am very interested in this combined specialty. I have some great plans later, but worried whether it would be a good decision to opt combined or a single specialty. Some of my friends are scaring a hell out of me. They are suggesting me to choose one program only. If i take both, they say i will be good for neither.
I want to choose this because of the wide-scope of practice that we can enjoy. I am also leaning towards subspecality later on.
- Can any current residents give their honest opinion on this with pros and cons?
- Of Med and Peds, which one is more challenging? I am good in Med but worried about my Peds experience.
- I know it will be challenging for couple of years in the beginning, But all i care about is how confident can we be at the end of 4th year?
- Can we have the confidence of a categorical pediatrician or internal medicine physician?
- Are Med-Peds residents well respected during their fellowship interviews? and
- What their prospects are compared to a categorical resident? of course if we have equal elective experience in our sub-specialty (fellowship) of choice?
- Can you suggest some good programs in south?
I will sincerely appreciate any honest opinions.