DAT score 20/21/20 - simple breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missdiana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I always sort of wanted to write the breakdown! so I am presenting my breakdown of my modest score! :D

I finished 2nd yr of college just now
GPA is 3.7 (last semester it was 3.92 but i had family emergency this semester - so it dropped)
my scores are
PAT 21
QR 21
RC 20
Bio 21
Gchem 20
Ochem 19
TS 20
AA 20

I used
Cliff Ap Bio
Alan's bio note
DAT destroyer
Barrons's DAT
Crack DAT PAT
2007 DAT practice test

I studied more than 6 month but on-and-off. I had to keep up with school and like I said, I had family emergency (mom got into a serious car accident so I had to take care of my baby sisters - i went to college that is 2 hrs away from my home - use to live on campus but when my mom was recovering I had to commute several times a day

I will just write the most useful way of using each materials

*Cliff AP bio and Alan's bio
- just read whenever you have time.before go to sleep or whenever you have time for relaxing reading. For me, I remember things that i saw the most. I never really sat down more than 30 minutes to read this. just 10 minutes before go to bed - i read couple pages every night

*DAT Destroyer
-I solved 100 questions every day. so- for first 3 days - i did orgo (~100 questions/days) then 4 days for Gen chem then 5 days for Bio section.
I write down all the questions I got wrong again -
then after a week of break (not intended but there were times I couldn't study due to school and family matters) - I do it again.
I did 3 times for each sections

Crack DAT PAT ($100 ver. - 5 tests)
- If you have problem with one specific section (for me-it was angle and cube counting)
just do that section continuously for about 2 hours.
so basically
I did
Test 1 angle -> Test 2 angle -> Test 3 angle and so on.
eventually I grow eyes for each angles and sections
when I did my practice exam - i got 24 on practice so I wasn't so happy with my score with real DAT PAT...(21)
Real PAT section was harder (except angle section was much easier than Crack PAT)

2007 DAT practice
Bio - about 18
gchem 22
ochem 30
qr-18
pat-20
rc - ?

so except chemistry sections - I did much better on real dat than 2007 practice

:D

I know my score is not that great
but I hope this is interesting to some people!

Members don't see this ad.

Solid score! Congrat! I hope you're mom is doing better now! Enjoy your summer =].

Members don't see this ad :)
Your scores are great! Don't let the skewed SDN scores make you think less of them!

Nicely done! I hope that things at home have improved. At least you have one less thing to worry about with the DAT behind you. Congratulations!

Great job! Congrats on the excellent job. Solid GPA, strong DAT, finish off your college career strong in upper level bio and you're golden! Kudos.

Thank you everyone!! :D
things at home are great now haha
my mom is fully recovered and I am ready for my essay as well

thank you for all the complement! I feel so good now!!:D