Diovan vs Cozaar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmalt82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At one of the pharmacies I work at, there are a lot of African Americans on Diovan paying through their noses.
Is it more effective than generic Losartan? What am I not understanding here?
As far as I know, other than Micardis' long-acting effect, there really isn't anything that much better than losartan.
Please educate or link to a reference!

Members don't see this ad.

At one of the pharmacies I work at, there are a lot of African Americans on Diovan paying through their noses.
As far as I know, other than Micardis' long-acting effect, there really isn't anything that much better than losartan.

I would like to know also...maybe some weird study or something. As far as I'm concerned...all ARBs are similiar in efficacy.

There was a silly study published a few years back that said Benicar was superior to Cozaar, Avapro and Diovan. It was just crazy overpowered. The difference was something like 3 mmHg.

I can't find the study, but I think it was done in response to this letter from the FDA about unfounded superiority claims.