Palm programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smiegal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any palm program recommendations for a new ophthalmology resident? I saw that there's a Wills Manual & an emOph program. :spam: :spam:

Members don't see this ad.

smiegal said:
Any palm program recommendations for a new ophthalmology resident? I saw that there's a Wills Manual & an emOph program. :spam: :spam:

I recommend getting iSilo. I have several resources I can send you/post for download. There is a pediatric strabismus manual written by Bill Scott, MD (Iowa). I have laser settings for different surgical procedures. I have a table with antibiotic dosages in ophthalmology including concentration for fortified antibiotics. In addition, EyeRounds.org (www.EyeRounds.org/downloads.htm) offers a trauma manual for you to use as an iSilo database. After we get more cases, I'll offer the whole site for the PDA as a free atlas/reference.

I also have the complete e-medicine ophthalmology website as an iSilo database.

Would you mind putting up these resources for public consumption? I have, and love, iSilo.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll have the dowloads page on EyeRounds.org updated by next week. In the mean time, you may download using links from SDN. I've contacted e-medicine.com to ask permission to post their site as an iSilo database. I cannot post their ophthalmology webpages yet.

Ophthalmology downloads for iSilo (Palm or Pocket PC iSilo required to view these databases).

Echography Techniques in Ophthalmology

Iowa On Call Survival Guide

Iowa Strabismus Manual by Bill Scott, MD

Laser Settings from Laser in Ophthalmology by Drs. Weingeist & Sneed

Antibiotic Therapy in Bacterial Keratitis

Guidelines for the Use of Immunosuppressive Drugs in Uveitis: AJO 2000; 130: 492-513

Hello-

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is iSilo?

jwolfe said:
Hello-

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is iSilo?

iSilo is a program that allows you to view HTML files on the Palm OS or PocketPC PDAs. It allows you to convert a website into a PDA database with search functions and hyperlinks. The graphics are great too. iSilo is able to display hires photos.

You can download a demo here. After 30 days, you can still use it, but you won't be able to view hires photos. All the databases I posted are readable, but the EyeRounds.org files will not display photos.

http://www.isilo.com/

I received an e-mail from Jon Adler, MD (Chief Medical Officer) of e-medicine. I cannot offer their ophthalmology archive as a free download because they offer a similar thing for $49.00.

http://secure.emedicine.com/itemlist.wws?category=PDA+eBooks

If you want to create an e-medicine Palm Database using Plucker or iSiloX, then you can create it yourself. Go to http://www.isilox.com/ and download the iSiloX application. Follow the instructions to make any website into an iSilo database.