Another shameless plug for USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BMBiology said:
ahhh (((doin a jig))) :p i can't wait till august to get in on all the excitement! that was a good article - my parents always throw out my trojan mags so I never get to read these things..

ehhh.. well..... it was a good article until i read this part:

"Students must already possess a solid basic-science foundation before entering USC’s PharmD program – prerequisites include organic chemistry ( :scared: ) and biochemistry, microbiology and molecular biology, mammalian physiology and physics( :scared: ), calculus and statistics, to name a few." (f*** i'm so screwed) :scared:

You are right. USC does require a lot of pre-reqs!!! It is especially tough when you are a non science major but it is better to take those classes during the undergraduate years and take more clinical classes in pharmacy school.

Also, the article did not mention that the tuition is $31,000 a year at USC.

I would also like to point out that more and more pharmacy students in California are also doing a year of residency. I expect this to become the trend for clinical pharmacists in California.