Question on following a DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

.:Buddros:.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I hear that when you apply to an osteopathic school, you need to have had some sort of contact with an osteopatic doctor, whether it being that you followed a do at some point or whatever. I think that some schools even ask for a letter of recommendation from a DO.
My question is: how does one come about doing this. I mean, short of getting the phone book at calling random offices and asking to talk to the doctor.
Any suggestions?
:barf:

Members don't see this ad.

There are schools that do not require letter from DO. I never had any real contact with DOs when applying. I still made it so it is possible. I would recommend however though if you have time, go shadow one.

.:Buddros:. said:
So I hear that when you apply to an osteopathic school, you need to have had some sort of contact with an osteopatic doctor, whether it being that you followed a do at some point or whatever. I think that some schools even ask for a letter of recommendation from a DO.
My question is: how does one come about doing this. I mean, short of getting the phone book at calling random offices and asking to talk to the doctor.
Any suggestions?
:barf:

Go to your local or state osteopathic association or the nearest osteopathic medical school for recommended doctors and contact information.

Reactions: 1 user
OSUdoc08 said:
Go to your local or state osteopathic association or the nearest osteopathic medical school for recommended doctors and contact information.
ditto