Composite MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ranger9879

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had a list of schools that use the highest subscore of each MCAT section to determine the composite MCAT for admission purposes. I know that Tufts is one of them. Anyone else? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ranger9879 said:
I was just wondering if anyone had a list of schools that use the highest subscore of each MCAT section to determine the composite MCAT for admission purposes. I know that Tufts is one of them. Anyone else? Thanks!

GW does too.

Im bumping up this thread...I really realllly want to know for my interview wednesday (AECOM). Do schools look at the highest in the three sections? or only your most recent score? Supposedly tufts is the only school that "officially" takes the highest in all 3 sections? but will schools consider it? esp if its just a 1 point difference?
Any ideas??
please respond asap....i really really wanna have my ducks in order 4 my interview this x....

Members don't see this ad :)
From THIS thread:

Hi Everyone,
This list is in no particular order and represents about 40 or so schools. Thought this might help those of you taking the MCAT multiple times. I called each school and asked them how they viewed the MCATs and here is what they said.

Stanford: Look at all the scores- look for improvement

Yale: Look at all the scores- look most at highest score- but look for improvement

GW: Look at highest score in each section. Look at trends too.

Georgetown: Look at most recent score

Emory: Look at highest score

Northwestern: Most recent score- both scores considered though

U. of Louisville: Most recent score

Tulane: Highest score

U. of Maryland: Look at all scores

Boston University: Highest score

Tufts: Highest score for each section

Dartmouth: Most recent score

Columbia: Look at all scores- look for improvement

Cornell (Weill): Look at all scores- look for improvement

NYU: Look at all scores- look for improvement

Duke: Most recent score

UNC: Look at all scores- look for improvement

Wake Forest: Highest score

Drexel: Most recent score- but look at trends

Jefferson: Look at all scores

Temple: Highest score

U.Penn: Most recent score

U.Pittsburgh: Look at all scores

Vanderbilt: Most recent score- look for trends

Baylor: Most recent score

U. Vermont: Most recent score

Eastern Virginia: Most recent score

UVA: Highest score

U. of California-San Francisco: Most recent score

U. of Connecticut: Look at all scores- look for improvement

U. of Miami: Most recent score

Loyola: Average scores

Rush: Most recent score

U. of Chicago-Pritzker: Look at all scores

U. of Illinois at Chicago: Highest score

U. of Kentucky: Most recent score- look for improvement

Michigan State: Average scores

Wayne State: Look at all scores

St. Louis University: Highest score

Creighton University: Depends on committee member-some average, some take highest, some most recent, etc.

Robert Wood Johnson: Most recent score

Albany: Look at all scores (no cutoffs)

New York Medical College: Look at all scores

Case Western: Most recent score

Ohio State: Most recent score

Medical College of Wisconsin: Highest score from each section

WOW THANKS A TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just einstein was on the list
but your list really helped
im sitting here pressing refresh---

Im bumping up this thread...I really realllly want to know for my interview wednesday (AECOM). Do schools look at the highest in the three sections? or only your most recent score? Supposedly tufts is the only school that "officially" takes the highest in all 3 sections? but will schools consider it? esp if its just a 1 point difference?
Any ideas??
please respond asap....i really really wanna have my ducks in order 4 my interview this x....

This isn't a response to your question, but if you have the interview, you need to stop worrying about your MCAT and focus on being enthusiastic and thoughtful for your interview day. The interviewer is unlikely to grill you about your MCAT. Also, please note: "for" and "time." Sorry, I'm a jerk like that. :-\

This isn't a response to your question, but if you have the interview, you need to stop worrying about your MCAT and focus on being enthusiastic and thoughtful for your interview day. The interviewer is unlikely to grill you about your MCAT. Also, please note: "for" and "time." Sorry, I'm a jerk like that. :-\
Lol YOurE right (emphasis on the Y O and E which i spent the extra seconds typing out just for you). Its just a confidence thing for me I guess...I feel like seeing what I just saw posted (ie, that schools look for improvements, look at ALL your scores, etc), makes me feel a bit more "solid" and confident in myself going in, even if one of my scores fell by one point, if my overall score went up by 4, ill be ok...hopefully....

I was actually about to post about this because technically I've got a 30Q if they look at my highest scores (I got a 24Q then a 27P).

I was actually about to post about this because technically I've got a 30Q if they look at my highest scores (I got a 24Q then a 27P).

even with mcat number fudging like that, a 2.85 means that you're still going to have a hard time.