What I did for COMLEX III/my experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Idiopathic

Newly Minted
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Score not in yet, but we will see...

Read Boards and Wards for Step 2 and 3
Did about 500 questions on USMLEWorld (averaged 55%)
Read the "Handbook of OMT Review" much smaller than Savarese and just as effective.
Read Swansons Family Practice Board Review. Questions exclusively with long explanations and detailed asides. Probably the best resource one could ask for in this test.

Studied moderately hard for about 4-5 days

Overall, I felt the test was easier than USMLEWorld and easier than Step 1 or 2. Still plenty of WTF? questions, but a lot more straightforward than I was expecting. Fairly easy to tell from the stem immediately what they wanted, and then usually its only one step from there to get the answer. The OMT was fine, only a small amount of cranial. Plenty of /OB/GYN, but nothing that couldnt be handled reading 50 pages in boards and wards.

Probably the best resource is that Swansons book, supplemented with OMT review. B&W is also good, but a little too detailed for a Step 3, since it appears to be mainly 'Wards' and not as much 'Boards'.

I finished in 4 hours 15 minutes, with a 10 minute lunch break. I test fast, but I felt like this went a lot faster. Maybe thats good, maybe not.

Will report back with the score.

Members don't see this ad.