What is your Myers-Briggs Personality type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is your MB personality type?

• ISTJ

Votes: 200 16.1%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 122 9.8%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 46 3.7%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 36 2.9%
  • ISTP

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • ESTP

Votes: 49 3.9%
  • ESFP

Votes: 32 2.6%
  • ISFP

Votes: 14 1.1%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 78 6.3%
  • INTJ

Votes: 211 16.9%
  • ENTP

Votes: 70 5.6%
  • INTP

Votes: 77 6.2%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 51 4.1%
  • INFJ

Votes: 85 6.8%
  • ENFP

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • INFP

Votes: 63 5.1%

• Total voters

yepiminthere

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
INFJ, only 2% of population!

Me, I'm an INFP :)

If you don't know yours you can find it out here...http://similarminds.com/jung.html

You can also look up some descriptions of your personality here...
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics
http://www.personalitypage.com/portraits.html

Have fun ;)

Extroverted (E) 52.94% Introverted (I) 47.06%
Intuitive (N) 51.43% Sensing (S) 48.57%
Thinking (T) 53.85% Feeling (F) 46.15%
Perceiving (P) 51.43% Judging (J) 48.57%

Your type is: ENTP

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, so far introverts are kickin a**

nice.

Mr. Belding, you're right on the border for everything. Interesting :)

Extroverted (E) 83.87% Introverted (I) 16.13%
Sensing (S) 55.88% Intuitive (N) 44.12%
Thinking (T) 54.84% Feeling (F) 45.16%
Judging (J) 64.1% Perceiving (P) 35.9%

Your type: ESTJ

ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

Haha.
Obey my iron fist!!!

Extroverted (E) 57.89% Introverted (I) 42.11%
Sensing (S) 58.82% Intuitive (N) 41.18%
Thinking (T) 67.65% Feeling (F) 32.35%
Judging (J) 58.06% Perceiving (P) 41.94%

Your type is: ESTJ

I tied. ESTP and ESFP. Apparently I both think and feel....

Extroverted (E) 57.14% Introverted (I) 42.86%
Sensing (S) 56.41% Intuitive (N) 43.59%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Perceiving (P) 52.63% Judging (J) 47.37%

ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

ESFP - "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. 8.5% of the total population.

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

I'm ENFP 8.1% of the total population is like me... that makes me common :(.

Extroverted (E)- 72.73% Introverted (I)-27.27%
Intuitive (N)- 54.84 Sensing (S)- 45.16
Feeling (F)- 54.05 Thinking (T)- 45.95
Percieving (P)- 61.9 Judging (J)- 38.1

"journalist"- I have an uncanny sense of the motivations of others. :)
Overall, it's true- i just wish i scored higher on the thinking portion...lol

ADDITIONAL DESCRIPTION:
ENFP
Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.

OH and I"m liking myself even more after reading the above in conjunction with this.... I think it is right when it says i need affirmation from others!!! LOL

Portrait of an ENFP - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
(Extraverted Intuition with Introverted Feeling)

The Inspirer

As an ENFP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit in with your personal value system.

ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic people, typically very bright and full of potential. They live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things. Their enthusiasm lends them the ability to inspire and motivate others, more so than we see in other types. They can talk their way in or out of anything. They love life, seeing it as a special gift, and strive to make the most out of it.

ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them. Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime. To onlookers, the ENFP may seem directionless and without purpose, but ENFPs are actually quite consistent, in that they have a strong sense of values which they live with throughout their lives. Everything that they do must be in line with their values. An ENFP needs to feel that they are living their lives as their true Self, walking in step with what they believe is right. They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace. They're constantly aware and somewhat fearful of losing touch with themselves. Since emotional excitement is usually an important part of the ENFP's life, and because they are focused on keeping "centered", the ENFP is usually an intense individual, with highly evolved values.

An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values. ENFPs who remain centered will usually be quite successful at their endeavors. Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.

Most ENFPs have great people skills. They are genuinely warm and interested in people, and place great importance on their inter-personal relationships. ENFPs almost always have a strong need to be liked. Sometimes, especially at a younger age, an ENFP will tend to be "gushy" and insincere, and generally "overdo" in an effort to win acceptance. However, once an ENFP has learned to balance their need to be true to themselves with their need for acceptance, they excel at bringing out the best in others, and are typically well-liked. They have an exceptional ability to intuitively understand a person after a very short period of time, and use their intuition and flexibility to relate to others on their own level.

Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members.

An ENFP who has "gone wrong" may be quite manipulative - and very good it. The gift of gab which they are blessed with makes it naturally easy for them to get what they want. Most ENFPs will not abuse their abilities, because that would not jive with their value systems.

ENFPs sometimes make serious errors in judgment. They have an amazing ability to intuitively perceive the truth about a person or situation, but when they apply judgment to their perception, they may jump to the wrong conclusions.

ENFPs who have not learned to follow through may have a difficult time remaining happy in marital relationships. Always seeing the possibilities of what could be, they may become bored with what actually is. The strong sense of values will keep many ENFPs dedicated to their relationships. However, ENFPs like a little excitement in their lives, and are best matched with individuals who are comfortable with change and new experiences.

Having an ENFP parent can be a fun-filled experience, but may be stressful at times for children with strong Sensing or Judging tendancies. Such children may see the ENFP parent as inconsistent and difficult to understand, as the children are pulled along in the whirlwind life of the ENFP. Sometimes the ENFP will want to be their child's best friend, and at other times they will play the parental authoritarian. But ENFPs are always consistent in their value systems, which they will impress on their children above all else, along with a basic joy of living.

ENFPs are basically happy people. They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks. Consequently, ENFPs work best in situations where they have a lot of flexibility, and where they can work with people and ideas. Many go into business for themselves. They have the ability to be quite productive with little supervision, as long as they are excited about what they're doing.

Because they are so alert and sensitive, constantly scanning their environments, ENFPs often suffer from muscle tension. They have a strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled or labelled. They need to maintain control over themselves, but they do not believe in controlling others. Their dislike of dependence and suppression extends to others as well as to themselves.

ENFPs are charming, ingenuous, risk-taking, sensitive, people-oriented individuals with capabilities ranging across a broad spectrum. They have many gifts which they will use to fulfill themselves and those near them, if they are able to remain centered and master the ability of following through.

Jungian functional preference ordering for ENFP:

Dominant: Extraverted Intuition
Auxiliary: Introverted Feeling
Tertiary: Extraverted Thinking
Inferior: Introverted Sensing

ENTP.

Unreliable Online Test said:
ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

EDIT:

Unreliable Personality Description Website said:
ENTP
Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

Another Unreliable Personality Description Website said:
The Visionary

As an ENTP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

With Extraverted Intuition dominating their personality, the ENTP's primary interest in life is understanding the world that they live in. They are constantly absorbing ideas and images about the situations they are presented in their lives. Using their intuition to process this information, they are usually extremely quick and accurate in their ability to size up a situation. With the exception of their ENFP cousin, the ENTP has a deeper understanding of their environment than any of the other types.

This ability to intuitively understand people and situations puts the ENTP at a distinct advantage in their lives. They generally understand things quickly and with great depth. Accordingly, they are quite flexible and adapt well to a wide range of tasks. They are good at most anything that interests them. As they grow and further develop their intuitive abilities and insights, they become very aware of possibilities, and this makes them quite resourceful when solving problems.

ENTPs are idea people. Their perceptive abilities cause them to see possibilities everywhere. They get excited and enthusiastic about their ideas, and are able to spread their enthusiasm to others. In this way, they get the support that they need to fulfill their visions.

ENTPs are less interested in developing plans of actions or making decisions than they are in generating possibilities and ideas. Following through on the implementation of an idea is usually a chore to the ENTP. For some ENTPs, this results in the habit of never finishing what they start. The ENTP who has not developed their Thinking process will have problems with jumping enthusiastically from idea to idea, without following through on their plans. The ENTP needs to take care to think through their ideas fully in order to take advantage of them.

The ENTP's auxiliary process of Introverted Thinking drives their decision making process. Although the ENTP is more interested in absorbing information than in making decisions, they are quite rational and logical in reaching conclusions. When they apply Thinking to their Intuitive perceptions, the outcome can be very powerful indeed. A well-developed ENTP is extremely visionary, inventive, and enterprising.

ENTPs are fluent conversationalists, mentally quick, and enjoy verbal sparring with others. They love to debate issues, and may even switch sides sometimes just for the love of the debate. When they express their underlying principles, however, they may feel awkward and speak abruptly and intensely.

The ENTP personality type is sometimes referred to the "Lawyer" type. The ENTP "lawyer" quickly and accurately understands a situation, and objectively and logically acts upon the situation. Their Thinking side makes their actions and decisions based on an objective list of rules or laws. If the ENTP was defending someone who had actually committed a crime, they are likely to take advantage of quirks in the law that will get their client off the hook. If they were to actually win the case, they would see their actions as completely fair and proper to the situation, because their actions were lawful. The guilt or innocence of their client would not be as relevant. If this type of reasoning goes uncompletely unchecked by the ENTP, it could result in a character that is perceived by others as unethical or even dishonest. The ENTP, who does not naturally consider the more personal or human element in decision making, should take care to notice the subjective, personal side of situations. This is a potential problem are for ENTPs. Although their logical abilities lend strength and purpose to the ENTP, they may also isolate them from their feelings and from other people.

The least developed area for the ENTP is the Sensing-Feeling arena. If the Sensing areas are neglected, the ENTP may tend to not take care of details in their life. If the Feeling part of themself is neglected, the ENTP may not value other people's input enough, or may become overly harsh and aggressive.

Under stress, the ENTP may lose their ability to generate possibilities, and become obsessed with minor details. These details may seem to be extremely important to the ENTP, but in reality are usually not important to the big picture.

In general, ENTPs are upbeat visionaries. They highly value knowledge, and spend much of their lives seeking a higher understanding. They live in the world of possibilities, and become excited about concepts, challenges and difficulties. When presented with a problem, they're good at improvising and quickly come up with a creative solution. Creative, clever, curious, and theoretical, ENTPs have a broad range of possibilities in their lives.

Great thread! I :love: Myers Briggs.

Members don't see this ad :)
ESFP - "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. 8.5% of the total population. [SIZE=+0]

[/SIZE]

go ISTJs!

favored careers
data analyst, scientist, researcher, engineer, financial planner, statistician, office worker, government employee, lab technician, nuclear engineer, office manager, biomedical engineer, account manager, ceo, investment banker, analyst, academic, systems analyst, pharmacy technician, network admin, genetics researcher, research assistant, strategist

ESTP, the Promoter. I didn't think it was that accurate, however.

ENFP

Extroverted (E) 58.06% Introverted (I) 41.94%
Intuitive (N) 61.76% Sensing (S) 38.24%
Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
Perceiving (P) 74.29% Judging (J) 25.71%

so journalist but a borderline inventor (ENTP)

and after reading the long description of enfp, i am like wow, that pretty much sums it up, right down to the muscle tension (no joke)

cool test!

I'm ESTJ..."administrator"
i thought it was pretty accurate.

you're only awesome if you're ENTJ

Dear Fellow ENFP

-we rock... well, you rock, but i rock also because i am an ENFP as well.

I love ENFPs.

Correction, I love the ENFP that I am currently dating. We're a good fit.

looks like us ISTJs are winning. but frankly I don't think the description is very accurate in reference to my personality.

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

maybe I should retake it later on and see if it changes.

Extroverted (E) 52.94% Introverted (I) 47.06%
Intuitive (N) 51.43% Sensing (S) 48.57%
Thinking (T) 53.85% Feeling (F) 46.15%
Perceiving (P) 51.43% Judging (J) 48.57%

Go ENTPs.

ESFP - "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. 8.5% of the total population.

INTJ....

Weird but I guess somewhat accurate...

Introverted (I) 58.33% Extroverted (E) 41.67%
Intuitive (N) 56.25% Sensing (S) 43.75%
Thinking (T) 68.97% Feeling (F) 31.03%
Judging (J) 54.55% Perceiving (P) 45.45%

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

The portrait page says I'm destined as 'the scientist'.... go figure.

Introverted (I) 61.11% Extroverted (E) 38.89%
Intuitive (N) 52.94% Sensing (S) 47.06%
Thinking (T) 61.76% Feeling (F) 38.24%
Judging (J) 64.71% Perceiving (P) 35.29%

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html

We rock!!!

Introverted (I) 80.65% Extroverted (E) 19.35%
Sensing (S) 67.86% Intuitive (N) 32.14%
Feeling (F) 52.63% Thinking (T) 47.37%
Judging (J) 63.64% Perceiving (P) 36.36%

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population

I also have the paperback Please Understand Me - Character and Temperament Types.

Common careers - Nursing, teaching, secretarial work, medical practice (especially general practice), librarian work, and middle management administrative jobs.

Six out of every one hundred people are ISFJs. Here the primary desire is to be of service and to minister to individual needs. ISFJs carry a sense of history, a sense of continuity with past events and relationships. Traditions and the conservation of resources are valued highly. The least hedonistic of all types, ISFJs believe work is good, play must be earned. ISFJs are willing to work long, long hours. When they undertake a task, it will be completed if at all humanly possible. Adhering to an established way of doing things and doing them well is valued and respected. The efficiency and effectiveness of an established procedure is not often questioned. Procedures dictated by handbooks are law. If others violate or ignore these standard operating procedures, ISFJs are annoyed and irritated, although they may not always display this reaction. Usually, such irritation is turned inward and may be experienced as fatigue and muscle tension.

My descripton is below.

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population

What does "seller" mean? I keep picturing a used car salesman. I do like the "nurturer of harmony" bit though. It was weird because on the additional description, one of my favored careers was wedding planner. That's what my back up plan was when I was younger. I do love to plan! :) And all the disfavored careers were pretty good too. They were all things I would hate to do.

Man the third such poll in a year i think (couple in drslounge).

That said, INTJ's REPRESENT!

Introverted (I) 56.25% Extroverted (E) 43.75%
Intuitive (N) 54.55% Sensing (S) 45.45%
Thinking (T) 70.59% Feeling (F) 29.41%
Judging (J) 66.67% Perceiving (P) 33.33%

Oh boy, this one again. INTJs always win this one, it's the premed personality.

I myself am INTP... pretty close to being INTJ though (P only slightly wins over J in my results).

ISTJ here...but I seem to get a different result each time I take one of these tests.

For those of you who are more certain about your type, you might find this site interesting. It gives a list of medical specialties suited to each type:
http://personal.ecu.edu/sak1106/medstudents.htm

INFP according to humanmetrics.com... now off to take your tests.

/insert obligatory comment about how all non INFPs will make horrible doctors.

hmm, intp this time... I guess they make ok doctorss too.

istj here, "the trustee"

Where are all the ISTPs? I think I got trained...

ISTP - "Engineer". Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools. 5.4% of total population.

Introverted (I) 70% Extroverted (E) 30%
Sensing (S) 67.65% Intuitive (N) 32.35%
Thinking (T) 77.78% Feeling (F) 22.22%
Perceiving (P) 53.33% Judging (J) 46.67%

I don't know, but I think the myers-briggs is definitely accurate to an extent, I've actually taken it two-three times a year every year since the eighths grade and I have some of the results, and it has all been different places, at random/different times-- grade ten we had to do it in school for a careers class and it was professionally evaluated haha (waste of money IMHO)

Anyways, my results now:

Extroverted (E) 52.63% Introverted (I) 47.37%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Thinking (T) 59.46% Feeling (F) 40.54%
Perceiving (P) 53.85% Judging (J) 46.15%

The %s are getting closer and closer by the year tho ;) Two years ago when I did it I had a clear-cut INTP (I've become a lot more extroverted since coming to college I have to admit) over the years I've fluctuated btween I/E NT P/J (this is really the first time the N is at 50%). It's my guilty pleasure! :p

ESTJ.

Extroverted (E) 74.29% Introverted (I) 25.71%
Sensing (S) 77.14% Intuitive (N) 22.86%
Thinking (T) 57.14% Feeling (F) 42.86%
Judging (J) 60% Perceiving (P) 40%

"Very responsible" "Pillar of Strength" Damn it it's trying to tell me I'm BORING!!!+pissed+

you're only awesome if you're ENTJ

hell yeah :D

Extroverted (E) 58.33% Introverted (I) 41.67%
Intuitive (N) 52.78% Sensing (S) 47.22%
Thinking (T) 64.52% Feeling (F) 35.48%
Judging (J) 51.61% Perceiving (P) 48.39%

Your type is: ENTJ

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
Intuitive (N) 60% Sensing (S) 40%
Feeling (F) 60% Thinking (T) 40%
Judging (J) 55% Perceiving (P) 45%

This was awesome! :D

For INTPs, there's http://www.intpcentral.com - again, all types can join, although INTPs are notorious for being a little elitist about their forum. I love INTPs though. They crack me up.

Why do we crack you up? :confused:
:confused:

I scored:
INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

ENTP/ESTP. Neither really point me in the direction of medicine. Maybe research or EM. ENTPs are type that apparently needs to think about their career choices the most, for they need change. Great.