Podiatric Physician on the SDN front page - who would YOU like to see next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting read. It would've been nice to hear about where she did her residency training, but it sounds like she's certainly making a nice career for herself and probably helping to enlighten many allied health professionals on DPM training and capabilities. :clap:

Interesting read. It would've been nice to hear about where she did her residency training, but it sounds like she's certainly making a nice career for herself and probably helping to enlighten many allied health professionals on DPM training and capabilities. :clap:

I can probably find that out and post it.

Nice interview. Sounds like she really has her head on straight.

Sorry to have left out information on residency training. Dr. Holmes did her residency at the University of Texas at San Antonio. It was a 3 year program. (PM & S 36).

She is a super-pod.

What specialities in Podiatric medicine and surgery interest you?
If you have a particular area that you'd like to see featured on SDN, post it here and we'll try and get a practitioner to interview. :)
Diabetes is a great pod sub-specialty and probably the one that is really getting DPMs integrated into mainstream medicine.

Other arenas of podiatry that many pre-health students are probably interested in would include sports med or trauma.

I'm really interested in sports medicine and being a team podiatrist and all that it includes (ie. team responsibilities, traveling with the team, types of things you do as team podiatrist, any working with footwear companies, etc.)

I may be biased, but I'd like to see Dr. Howard Liebeskind, DPM or Dr. Nicholas M. Romansky, DPM who were/are the team podiatrists for the US Men's Soccer National Team

Liebeskind or Romansky would be fantastic on the front page. No guarantees, but I'll work on it.
Those guys are very good ideas. Liebeskind would be nice with Beckham coming to LA and all.

Drs. James Losito (Miami Heat, former AAPSM pres, etc), Matt Werd (current AAPSM pres, a few college teams, etc), or Marque Allen (San Antonio Spurs, journal editor, AAPSM director, etc) would be some other good interviews in podiatric sports medicine. All are real outgoing guys who are well-known in the sub-specialty. I've attended presentations from each and learned a lot.

For any pre-pods who are interested, here's the AAPSM site:
http://www.aapsm.org/

Thought I posted them, how would I be able to get in contact with them? I live right outside of Philadelphia and Dr. Romansky's practice is located only 20-30 min from me. I would really like to meet him/shadow at his office and kind of pick his brain into how he got into his niche in this field. Should I just call the office? Or wait and see if he would be interested in doing the interview on here? In all honesty, what he is/does is what I want to do exactly (from what I know and see from the outside with soccer and podiatry mix)

crhoody12 - are you pre-dental or pre-pod?

Do you have any writing or interviewing experience?
Maybe you go do a "20 questions with" interview with this physician for SDN? I could see about trying to help you set it up. It would also be a good way for you to meet the doctor.

Can you get some contact info for him? Don't post it here; just PM it to me along with some info about you, any relevant writing experience, etc.

bump for new ideas on more podiatric physicians, and i'd also like to hear all the name dropping. :)

Did anything come of the interview the team podiatrists?