MCW Class of 2010, Part 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
otter.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

You are all invited to the First Annual Dr. Funk White Coat Trade-In Ceremony, for your first opportunity to "upgrade" that crusty white coat of yours for something a little more appropriate.

Straight-Jacket.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
You are all invited to the First Annual Dr. Funk White Coat Trade-In Ceremony, for your first opportunity to "upgrade" that crusty white coat of yours for something a little more appropriate.

Straight-Jacket.jpg

crusty? mine is still quite moist.

oh, and I gotta share the dream I had last night in my 3 hour nap on the couch before psych.

remember how I said I had a joke about purulent exudate but couldn't remember what it was?

I had a most disturbing dream that there was a playset for kids...kind of like the old playdough factory or slime factory type things whose basic purpose was to let them play with goo.

and the playset basically was...a purulent exudate factory.

freaking gross.
in the past two days, I've slept for four hours on those couches. I need to readjust my sleep schedule after my beer-drinking, movie-watching, male bonding marathon over the weekend in Chicago and NOT go to bed at 2:30am and try to attend biochem in the morning.

What did those Japanese tourists expect? It's France, for cripes sake!

I got an email from Ashlie today or yesterday or whenever. Does that count as a date?

Straight-Jacket.jpg

yeeeaaaahhhh boyeeeeeee!

Does that mean you're coming to the OSIG meeting?

yeah. I'm in. So, to be an orthopod, how much do I have to bench press? heehee.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't do as much as I used to in high school, but the guys basketball coach wanted me on the team because I could bench 115 in reps of 10. ;)

Cripes, in high school I think I maxed out at 135, and I was on the basketball team.

I can't do as much as I used to in high school, but the guys basketball coach wanted me on the team because I could bench 115 in reps of 10. ;)

That is pretty solid. There is some equation to estimate how much your max is based on how many times you can rep a specific weight. Here!
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/1rm.htm

Not only are you strong enough to go into ortho, you are strong enough to kick every other department's asses. Maybe not trauma, though. The Trauma doctor who was in the cadaver lab the other day was pretty beefy. Path and radiology don't stand a chance.

Ubu_logo.jpg

name 4 shows that preceded this picture

Cripes, in high school I think I maxed out at 135, and I was on the basketball team.

hehehe... I avoided basketball like the plague (Yersinia pestis). I played volley ball and swam, did off season training during basketball season which is when I did most of the weight lifting. Then my last 2 years at a public school, I did marching band. Yay band geeks!

Is plague pronounced like the spaghetti sauce, Ragu?

Do mcw med students get stuck doing a lot of scut work during 3rd and 4th?

Hmmm, I deadlifted 410 yesterday....but one rep was enough for me. I sure couldn't bench 115x10 in high school - that's how much I weighed in high school.

okay, my wife wants to know, what kind of dress do the girls wear to the Black Bag Ball? and should I be thinking of wearing my tux or my interview suit?

ooo I got a date with Ashleigh too!! However, I have no idea how much I can bench. Maybe we could do that during an OSIG meeting one day.

As for the dress for the Black bag ball, you saw my pic earlier, right? Dresses like that. Think prom, but more sophisicated. Simple, elegant. No foofy stuff. Does that help?

Oh, and a suit is fine. No need to go out and rent a tux or something.

HOLY CRAP!!! THIS JUST IN!!! I REMEMBERED MY JOKE!!!

It came back to me out of nowhere...and in hindsight it isn't as funny as it was at 1:30am Saturday.

here we go...

What happened to the Army soldier after he got gonorrhea?
He was purulently discharged.

waahaaaa....cough

ooo I got a date with Ashleigh too!! However, I have no idea how much I can bench. Maybe we could do that during an OSIG meeting one day.

As for the dress for the Black bag ball, you saw my pic earlier, right? Dresses like that. Think prom, but more sophisicated. Simple, elegant. No foofy stuff. Does that help?

STILL no excuse to wear my ballgowns, huh? Well, a couple of them are sufficiently non-foofy.

Well, I own a tux, so it wouldn't be a hassle....I'm trying to convince my wife to go with a plunging neckline. If other guys are just wearing suits, I'll follow suit. Ba dump chhh!

HOLY CRAP!!! THIS JUST IN!!! I REMEMBERED MY JOKE!!!

It came back to me out of nowhere...and in hindsight it isn't as funny as it was at 1:30am Saturday.

here we go...

What happened to the Army soldier after he got gonorrhea?
He was purulently discharged.

waahaaaa....cough
smiley-rofl.gif
smiley-rofl.gif
smiley-rofl.gif
smiley-rofl.gif
smiley-rofl.gif

smiley-rofl.gif
smiley-rofl.gif
smiley-rofl.gif
smiley-rofl.gif
smiley-rofl.gif

STILL no excuse to wear my ballgowns, huh? Well, a couple of them are sufficiently non-foofy.

I say, if you wanna wear a big foofy ball gown, go for it.:thumbup: What I put is just what most people wear. If you can wear a big ball gown with confidence all the more power to ya. Don't let me stop you. :) It would be fun.

Well, I own a tux, so it wouldn't be a hassle....I'm trying to convince my wife to go with a plunging neckline. If other guys are just wearing suits, I'll follow suit. Ba dump chhh!

Well Marc's going with a plunging neckline too, so just be sure your wife's dress doesn't match.

On the other hand, it'd make for a good cat fight. :cool:

Well Marc's going with a plunging neckline too, so just be sure your wife's dress doesn't match.

On the other hand, it'd make for a good cat fight. :cool:

i may be loose, but I'm not a *****.

hi guys, thanks for answering my questions, like, 3 pages back. you're cool.

Incorrect. By 5:27 pm today I want you to have written a report summarizing all cranial nerve innervation, including pathways through the skull as well as the facial features developed via the pharyngeal arches. Oh, and I would like a flow chart including no less than 7 distinct primary colors outlining human metabolism of lipids and carbohydrates.

That's what I call preparation.
Ah, nothing like looking back at page 1 and seeing when you guys were in our shoes....

so I'm thinking of changing my user text. How about "Large Member" or "Long Member" to allude to my significant post count?

swollen member

so I'm thinking of changing my user text. How about "Large Member" or "Long Member" to allude to my significant post count?

I prefer: Posts Too Much.

Is anyone else really tired of studying... I just feel like I can't do it anymore.

I feel like the otter at the top of the page, that and the adorable kid under it. ;)

Is anyone else really tired of studying... I just feel like I can't do it anymore.

I feel like the otter at the top of the page, that and the adorable kid under it. ;)

yeah...this feels like freaking finals here.

i fcking hate medical school

by the way, welcome class of 2011!!!!!!

and they're fill in the blanks with a word bank, right?
or maybe a crossword puzzle?

All color. They send us a link to "Paint", say "this is a TSI test... what happens when you have an acid/alk production in the slant/butt" then you make sure to color it in correctly. Extra points for staying in the lines without using the automatic fill feature.

The Ninja King knows what he's talking about. :D
well, let's see here.....

Ashers 441
Agent Splat 424
DoctorFunk 206
samenewme 204
indo 202
akpete 175
TheProwler 163
Andy15430 147
pratik7 67
Xandie 56