jefferson family medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bethhill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on the jefferson program in philadelphia?

Members don't see this ad.

It's fabulous. It's a rigorous program but the most supportive atmosphere I've experienced so far in med school. (I did my 3rd year rotation there, an outpatient sub-I, and am currently doing my inpatient sub I). The attendings are so nice, but more importantly they are really smart and the entire department is very grounded in evidenced-based medicine. Also, a nice thing is that FM is REALLY respected at Jeff -- it's in no way the red-headed stepchild that it may be at other east coast univeristies. Jeff attracts a really high calibur of residents. They've got a really solid presence in providing care to Philly's underserved. The inpatient service is a little crazy (no cap) but the diversity is great -- last night we had hyperglycemia, a miscarriage, and d/c'd a baby with bilirubin issues - just as an example. PM me with more questions.

As a student I've done two rotations in the FP Clinic. The Faculty are wonderful, nice and great teachers! :love: The residents are also great and I've heard get good job offers when they finish. The patient mix is also good, lots of under-served African-Americans but also everything in between up to snobby main-liners. Not sure I want to stay in Philly, though... we'll see. I'm definitely interviewing here. :thumbup: