I am so depress right now can someone help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharm2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my pcat score today and I totally in shock... i can't even believe it. I got a composition of 18%.

this is a the 2nd taking it.... after the test I was so confident that I did much better than the 1st time I took it (1st time: 24% composite) but when I see the result i was :(

is the the pcat that hard? can some one please HHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Members don't see this ad.

try signing up for a pcat prep course.....maybe even the kaplan course.......so you can have people to show you what u need to focus on.........its time for some intensive study dude, get the kaplan book and do about 3 hours a day and see if you feel more prepared....also take some practice pcats......before i took the pcat, i did and it helped me out alot....

I just got my pcat score today and I totally in shock... i can't even believe it. I got a composition of 18%.

this is a the 2nd taking it.... after the test I was so confident that I did much better than the 1st time I took it (1st time: 24% composite) but when I see the result i was :(

is the the pcat that hard? can some one please HHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Hey.. let's study for Jan PCAT . we can do better.... I was in shock too. I only got 59% and I studied! However, it has been 4-5 years ago since I took the prerequisite... So pretty much I started from scratch when I studied. I try to spend time studying during Chirstmas..

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your GPA? And what happened during the exam? Did you run out of time, do you have test anxiety? I think that scores like that might mean that you should take a year off to really study before applying to pharmacy school. Use more than just materials that are designed for those taking the PCAT - use old notes, textbooks, library books. Start with general chem, bio, and algebra II books, and make sure you understand every concept. Take notes about what you don't understand/what you get wrong. Then get books for P&A, Micro, Calculus, Organic Chem. Again, be an active learner and write down what you don't know. Keep it all in a single notebook and review everything you wrote down once a month or so. Meanwhile, get vocab flashcards and practice your reading comprehension. If you really want this, you'll have to work really hard. If you do all this, and take some practice exams, by June your score should be much better.

Look, some of the people on this forum just aren't smart enough to be pharmacists. (just think about how many first years are "pre-med" when you ask them what the want to go into)

If it was really that easy, then everyone would go be one.

Just be thankful that it's so MUCH easier to get into pharmacy in the US than it is here in Canada, AND you get paid a crapload more.

Reasons are:
-No forgive first years (I think that's what US uni's call it when you did poorly in your first year but forgives it because your second year is great)
-Much higher GPA's required
-Much higher PCAT % required.

Don't believe me? Check the requirements at UT, Queens, UBC, U of A.

I'm not saying that you have no chance.... but very slim to be honest. This is already your second time taking the PCAT.... And I believe there was a thread about how Harcourt could throw out your third PCAT if you improved over 50% (which you definitely need).

Anyways, good luck if you're still doing a PCAT third time around, but it's going to be pretty hard explaining to pharmcas why your first two are so low.

BTW, I'm taking my first PCAT on Jan. My brother took it on Oct and got 97%... *sigh, I hope I can do as well as he can.

Look, some of the people on this forum just aren't smart enough to be pharmacists. (just think about how many first years are "pre-med" when you ask them what the want to go into)

I think this is a pretty rude thing to say to someone who just got this kind of news. You want someone to give you good advice? Well here it is...

It doesnt matter what that test score says you got if you truly believe you are better. Put some more preparation into the exam and your results will only improve. If your GPA is pretty solid then try to shoot for a least a 60% composite to get your foot in the door. I believe you can do it if you try - you cannot rely on people from an online forum, who are students at the same point in their academic careers as you, to give you accurate insight on your chances of admission.

Hang in there and learn from these mistakes..it will only make you stronger. Good luck !

I think this is a pretty rude thing to say to someone who just got this kind of news.

It's not a matter of rude or not. It's about the truth (and the truth doesn't change depending on what "kind of news" he/she just got). If you want sunshine blown up your (Fill in yourself) then fine, don't listen to me.

It doesnt matter what that test score says you got if you truly believe you are better.
Well, apparently it does matter what the test score says about you... at least to the pharmacy admission coordinators. Sure you can think you are better than what the score tells you... but that's the reason why people buy the lottery... the believe they have a chance of winning, and they do - albeit small. (keep in mind the PCAT results are not absolute, they depend on your peers)

you cannot rely on people from an online forum, who are students at the same point in their academic careers as you, to give you accurate insight on your chances of admission.
hypocrisy anyone?

Hang in there and learn from these mistakes..it will only make you stronger. Good luck !
I think this is his/her second time doing the PCAT. Should have learned the first time.

PS: Working harder is a lot harder than just saying it. Keep in mind, you are competing with some VERY smart people out there...

first of all thanks for all your advice guys... I am very appreciate...

I am almost done with the repreq's (still need organic & microbiology). the only section i did kind of well in 2 times i took was math (1st time: 83%, 2nd time:80%) all other were horrible espically analogy & reading.

the 2nd time I am prepared different than the 1st, I used kaplan 2007, chemistry & biology books for reference (just look through sections) but I spent most time practicing the test but the result even worse than the 1st time.

i am clueless what i want to do now... i hate to give up but ????

anyway thanks for all the suggestions guys....

first of all thanks for all your advice guys... I am very appreciate...

I am almost done with the repreq's (still need organic & microbiology). the only section i did kind of well in 2 times i took was math (1st time: 83%, 2nd time:80%) all other were horrible espically analogy & reading.

the 2nd time I am prepared different than the 1st, I used kaplan 2007, chemistry & biology books for reference (just look through sections) but I spent most time practicing the test but the result even worse than the 1st time.

i am clueless what i want to do now... i hate to give up but ????

anyway thanks for all the suggestions guys....

You should've taken the pre-reqs before you took the PCAT.

Whether you give up depends on you. Realistically, it will be hard, but not impossible. But so is the lottery. So it's really up to you. Although you do stand a good chance of improving significantly after taking the pre-req courses. Although organic is a GPA "killer" for some... so maybe the results of that course should determine whether your GPA and PCAT score is good enough to get into pharmacy. BUT, some people (like me) actually like organic, and do well (especially if the class is curved and the average is ~52%).

So again, it all really comes down to you. Like the American dream, working hard gets you most of the way there (From my personal experience), but actually working hard is a lot harder than it sounds. It all depends on what you're willing to sacrifice to work harder (there has to be some sacrifices... you can't expect to hang out with friends every weekend and get wasted and still expect to do exceptionally well... unless you're a natural genius...)

It's not a matter of rude or not. It's about the truth (and the truth doesn't change depending on what "kind of news" he/she just got). If you want sunshine blown up your (Fill in yourself) then fine, don't listen to me.

Well, apparently it does matter what the test score says about you... at least to the pharmacy admission coordinators. Sure you can think you are better than what the score tells you... but that's the reason why people buy the lottery... the believe they have a chance of winning, and they do - albeit small. (keep in mind the PCAT results are not absolute, they depend on your peers)

hypocrisy anyone?

I think this is his/her second time doing the PCAT. Should have learned the first time.

PS: Working harder is a lot harder than just saying it. Keep in mind, you are competing with some VERY smart people out there...

the bottom line is basically that you think you are sooo much more intelligent than everyone else and that gives you the authority to tell them what their chances are..what i said was not hypocrisy - i was just just telling the OP to be weary of online advice......notice i did not tell him that he had a great chance..or no chance of admission..or he wasnt "smart enough" like you did - i merely said that working harder for the pcat would PROBABLY improve his scores and make him a stronger applicant. i wish this board could completely do away with members like yourself who thrive on dishing out their pessimistic views at every flippin' chance they get.

Well...sure it's mean, but granted, it is the truth. Some people are not cut out for pharmacy. I was told I was not cut out for medicine, and I agree. Of course, I didn't feel great after hearing it, but it's the truth and once I realized it, it helped me move on.

If you want to be patted on the back and told you're the best person and are capable of anything, go back to 2nd grade and talk to your parents.

If you want the truth, come to SDN, we'll be glad to dish it out. Like I said, if you go to the corner and cry from what you read online, you're ******ed. What makes you think you can handle irate patients and doctors?

As for the OP, looks like English isn't your strongest point, that's why your score is so low. What were your subscores for each section?

i dont need anyone on SDN to pat me on the back - never have, never will. i dont really care what anyone says to be honest, i just hate seeing jackasses go around crushing other people's dreams. i know how that stuff sounds when your on the OP's side of the fence... but whatever you guys know everything.

Members don't see this ad :)

Some advice (again, to take with a grain of salt):

Finish all of your prerequisites before taking the PCAT again. Also, because your English (verbal/reading) scores were low, consider signing up for a basic English class. Was English your first language? If not, there are probably ESL classes available.

If you have a large vocabulary, but are just having problems figuring out the associations between words on the analogies section, you may want to buy a book of analogies to practice with.

Instead of just 'looking through' the preparation books (like Kaplan), actually read through them and do the problems. Figure out where your weaknesses are, and keep on practicing. And I don't mean 'practice' as in 'take the exam, fill in the bubbles and find out your score'. Practice = do the problems, and then for each one you get incorrect, review the answer until you completely understand where the answer is coming from.

Anyway, good luck to you-- and keep in mind that there are schools that do not require the PCAT.

the bottom line is basically that you think you are sooo much more intelligent than everyone else and that gives you the authority to tell them what their chances are..what i said was not hypocrisy - i was just just telling the OP to be weary of online advice......notice i did not tell him that he had a great chance..or no chance of admission..or he wasnt "smart enough" like you did - i merely said that working harder for the pcat would PROBABLY improve his scores and make him a stronger applicant. i wish this board could completely do away with members like yourself who thrive on dishing out their pessimistic views at every flippin' chance they get.

You're an idiot.

This is not pessimism, and if you can't realize that, then you're living in your own deluded world. I have provided my reasons for why his/her chances are low, I didn't just pulled the idea out of my _____.

I'm sorry to break this to you, some people just aren't cut out to be pharmacists, and for many, the reason is because they're not smart enough.

no you are the idiot my friend - just put yourself in the place of this guy and tell me how you would feel after reading your post? the title of the thread clearly states that he is depressed.... so why would you ADD to that? i hope you dont become a pharmacist because without compassion your stupid grades mean nothing, because they will not go to the good of the people.

take a step back and think about it...sure, you maybe right about the reason a lot of people fail when pursuing these types of jobs but do you have to say it when someone is in need of encouragement? im competing with everyone on here and my grades suck but will i ever cut them down? NO. i believe in being compassionate and trying to be someone who people can talk to...and offer CONSTRUCTIVE advice...something you obviously are too ignorant to do.

i dont really care what anyone says to be honest

If you don't care what anyone says then why bother responding? let alone trying to insult me with "stupid", "jackass", "idiot"?

[SIZE=-1]Hypocrite[/SIZE].

no you are the idiot my friend - just put yourself in the place of this guy and tell me how you would feel after reading your post?
Please tell me how this makes me an idiot? I'd feel bad, but better than if I was being lied to. Specifically, I'm referring to the line

I believe you can do it if you try
Sorry, he/she already did try. And you have nothing to base your assessment on. You're just blowing smoke up his/her _ _ _. To OP, if you want real advice, look to my post at #10.

take a step back and think about it...sure, you maybe right about the reason a lot of people fail when pursuing these types of jobs but do you have to say it when someone is in need of encouragement?

I didn't know this was a site to get encouragement.

im competing with everyone on here and my grades suck but will i ever cut them down? NO. i believe in being compassionate and trying to be someone who people can talk to...and offer CONSTRUCTIVE advice...something you obviously are too ignorant to do.

I'd rather have a competent and uncompassionate pharmacist rather than an incompetent and compassionate pharmacist. My behavior has nothing to do with ignorance. Please learn the definition of a word before using it.

Edit: I'm neither uncompassionate or pessimistic, nothing I've said here would make me lose a single second of sleep. The fact that you would so quickly judge me as incompassionate only displays your incompetence at judging people.

I think what's great about this forum is that you will get a nice mix of pessimistic and optimistic - the answer is usually somewhere in between. A very low PCAT score generally indicates a large gap in knowledge, and I don't think that applying to a non-PCAT school is the answer. These gaps need to be filled in order to have success in pharmacy school. However, I think that with enough time, these gaps can definitely be bridged! Do I think the OP can take the January exam, ace it, and get into pharmacy school Fall 2008? No. But do I think he can go back to the drawing board, study very hard, relearn the fundamentals and build up from there, and take the test 7 months from now? Yes. Other people have reported remarkable increases in their PCAT scores (I believe it's Pharmpills that has shared that he went from a 50 to a 70 to a 95), and I think if you are determined enough 7 months is enough time to learn the material.

not sure how you pulled that one off ben but i must say it was a nice little trick..i dont have to explain myself to you or anyone else. you are the one who started this by being down right hateful to the OP. i blame you for this whole SORRY thread spiraling out of control. im done with this and done with you. please do not send me anymore messages..chill out with the little computer tricks...im DONE.

try signing up for a pcat prep course.....maybe even the kaplan course.......so you can have people to show you what u need to focus on.........its time for some intensive study dude, get the kaplan book and do about 3 hours a day and see if you feel more prepared....also take some practice pcats......before i took the pcat, i did and it helped me out alot....

What are you doing in a pre-pharmacy forum?. since you are already in
pharm. sch, why don't stay with pharmacy student forum!

Oh common, you've gotta be kidding me.

i dont have to explain myself to you or anyone else.

Sure you don't have to explain yourself, but it would be better for your reputation though if you could explain your obnoxious two faced behavior.

not sure how you pulled that one off ben but i must say it was a nice little trick..chill out with the little computer tricks...

Occam's razor.
Is it easier to believe rx27563's theory that I've went into paint, whipped this whole thing up in 5 min (rx27563's posts about fabricated picture was time stamped at 7:58 to my post at 8:03.), including the time it took to host it,

OR

That he/she really sent me the private message and is now trying to cover his/her track.

you are the one who started this by being down right hateful to the OP.
Your opinion. Unfortunately, confettiflyer agrees with me and so will the pharmacy admissions coordinator. Your own refusal to believe this just means you're deluded. Perhaps you're in denial about your own poor PCAT score?

i blame you for this whole SORRY thread spiraling out of control.

Blame game? Sure blame it on me, but some things you have to take personal responsibility for, like me exposing your obnoxious self. No one to blame that on except for your own stupidity.

please do not send me anymore messages
Anymore? I've only sent one, and It's nothing I'm disgraced about sending.

im done with this and done with you...im DONE.
No need repeating the fact that you're "done" three times. Hell, If I was humiliated as you are right now, I would probably be "done" with this account too.

Know what else is "done" ?

Your reputation.

Have a good day :laugh:

PS: To rx27563, if you come back with another rebuttal that this is fabricated, I'm going to report your posts.

EDIT: To OP, now do you see? This is why I wouldn't stick with comments from people who lie by saying what you want to hear, they're often two-faced and superficial.

i dont care what you do - im not two-faced. my only fault is that i let ignorant people like yourself rile me up. i wish you would troll elsewhere because SDN is where a lot of students go to get HELP, not negativity and stupid hijacked threads like this. your picture is a joke and you know it. i sent you an email but it looked nothing like that. im not a computer genius but i know what i typed so say whatever you want. i will not do this with you here or anywhere else.

What are you doing in a pre-pharmacy forum?. since you are already in
pharm. sch, why don't stay with pharmacy student forum!

why dont you mind your own business??? i was giving constructive advice to someone who asked for it, since i have taken the pcat and have been admitted into pharmacy school, i feel the advice i give is very valuable....if u disagree, dont listen to it but i definately dont need your approval to write in this or any other forum.......anyways good luck with your admission process:)

the bottom line is basically that you think you are sooo much more intelligent than everyone else and that gives you the authority to tell them what their chances are.

Comment: Somehow, I did not think it was the case. Please see this movie Lean on Me (based on a true story).

The speech delivered my Morgan Freeman may better explain why sometimes it is necessary to say the truth like it is and perhaps spawn some confidence and energy to make a point. Here's the link: Once you click, please scroll down and click play. (click player for theater view)

Lean on Me

That being said, should Ben1988 have responded so critically given the thread's title, probably not. One question remains though: how can someone attempt to take a test when he/she have not even taken some courses that will appear on the test? Perhaps, it has been done before but the odds are highly against you. I'm willing to accept that some people are poor test takers... but that's just me. Try convincing an adcom about that and I think we can agree that it is a totally different story. Very few may be understanding but that's it. To the OP, please be serious in your preparation for the PCAT and I'm sorry if your thread, seeking solace, turned out to be the opposite.

Well...sure it's mean, but granted, it is the truth. Some people are not cut out for pharmacy. I was told I was not cut out for medicine, and I agree. Of course, I didn't feel great after hearing it, but it's the truth and once I realized it, it helped me move on.

Comment: You may have a legitimate claim, but You were told that medicine was not for you and YOU accepted it. You can't tell someone else what to accept. ONLY the person can decide when to thrown in the towel or he/she has exhausted every opportunity (i.e. go to medical school in the Caribbeans etc...) Read the following two articles and perhaps you might lessen the tone of your rhetoric. As you delve into the two stories, Dr. Karen Morris says: "It was more important to try than to wonder if I could have done it." I hope that you'll glean something special about these individuals.

Are you suited for medicine? You decided the answer was no. That was your call.

Dr. Karen Morris MD Dr. Alfredo Quinones

I'd rather have a competent and uncompassionate pharmacist rather than an incompetent and compassionate pharmacist.

Comment: Both are needed! If you're competent and feel you are uncompassionate, and you desire to be a pharmacist, then pick a field that does not require you to work directly with patients. I have an interesting psychology article for you, check it out. In particular, see what people decided they'd do, based on a survey, given the choice of a competent and uncompassionate doctors.

Ok now let peace reign supreme!

The hopeful Romantic was here ;)!

Comment: Somehow, I did not think it was the case. Please see this movie Lean on Me (based on a true story).

The speech delivered my Morgan Freeman may better explain why sometimes it is necessary to say the truth like it is and perhaps spawn some confidence and energy to make a point. Here's the link: Once you click, please scroll down and click play. (click player for theater view)

Lean on Me

That being said, should Ben1988 have responded so critically given the thread's title, probably not. One question remains though: how can someone attempt to take a test when he/she have not even taken some courses that will appear on the test? Perhaps, it has been done before but the odds are highly against you. I'm willing to accept that some people are poor test takers... but that's just me. Try convincing an adcom about that and I think we can agree that it is a totally different story. Very few may be understanding but that's it. To the OP, please be serious in your preparation for the PCAT and I'm sorry if your thread, seeking solace, turned out to be the opposite.

Comment: You may have a legitimate claim, but You were told that medicine was not for you and YOU accepted it. You can't tell someone else what to accept. ONLY the person can decide when to thrown in the towel or he/she has exhausted every opportunity (i.e. go to medical school in the Caribbeans etc...) Read the following two articles and perhaps you might lessen the tone of your rhetoric. As you delve into the two stories, Dr. Karen Morris says: "It was more important to try than to wonder if I could have done it." I hope that you'll glean something special about these individuals.

Are you suited for medicine? You decided the answer was no. That was your call.

Dr. Karen Morris MD Dr. Alfredo Quinones

Comment: Both are needed! If you're competent and feel you are uncompassionate, and you desire to be a pharmacist, then pick a field that does not require you to work directly with patients. I have an interesting psychology article for you, check it out. In particular, see what people decided they'd do, based on a survey, given the choice of a competent and uncompassionate doctors.

thanks for that! the only sensible post all night!

One question remains though: how can someone attempt to take a test when he/she have not even taken some courses that will appear on the test? your thread, seeking solace, turned out to be the opposite.
I have already told the OP that her marks should be significantly better after finishing the pre-reqs. Who said I gave bad advice? :laugh:

Try convincing an adcom about that and I think we can agree that it is a totally different story. Very few may be understanding but that's it. To the OP, please be serious in your preparation for the PCAT
Yes, I agree completely. And since this is his/her second PCAT, I think it would be extremely difficult for adcom to accept his/her reasons.

I agree, but the point here is to choose between the two. I would be making no point by saying that I wanted both an compassionate and competent pharmacist.

thanks for that! the only sensible post all night!
i dont care what you do - im not two-faced. my only fault is that i let ignorant people like yourself rile me up. i wish you would troll elsewhere because SDN is where a lot of students go to get HELP, not negativity and stupid hijacked threads like this. your picture is a joke and you know it. i sent you an email but it looked nothing like that. im not a computer genius but i know what i typed so say whatever you want. i will not do this with you here or anywhere else.

Wow, you're still here after being shown as two faced and a liar?

I have reported you, and I hope they do something about you.

PS: I don't think a soul would think of me as a troll, nor do I think anyone would believe your story that I fabricated that vulgar PM you sent me. The fact that you're still here really disgusts me.

Wow, this thread is insane! You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

I had many friends from school recommend this website to me because of all the great admissions info. and PCAT advice but from what I have read thus far it is not any different than a common gaming thread!

I feel for this guy who originally posted because he is obviously not a native speaker and unprepared as well. I wish you the best of luck on your next exam!

Wow, you're still here after being shown as two faced and a liar?

I have reported you, and I hope they do something about you.

PS: I don't think a soul would think of me as a troll, nor do I think anyone would believe your story that I fabricated that vulgar PM you sent me. The fact that you're still here really disgusts me.

how am i two-faced? your so delusional! i have been on here for over a year and never had an altercation until you showed up. i reported you on your first post...your disrespectful and i hope you get banned.

I have already told the OP that her marks should be significantly better after finishing the pre-reqs. Who said I gave bad advice? :laugh:

Yes, I agree completely. And since this is his/her second PCAT, I think it would be extremely difficult for adcom to accept his/her reasons.

I agree, but the point here is to choose between the two. I would be making no point by saying that I wanted both an compassionate and competent pharmacist.

Comment: Thx for your noncombative response. Here, I think you slightly (my fault perhaps) misunderstood me. I meant the very low score back to back. There is nothing wrong with taking the test multiple times especially if someone is from a disadvantaged background. You recognize that it is possible don't you? Take the case of Dr. Ben Carson, a famed neurosurgeon who was pretty lucky to have a mom to instill some confidence into him. Many don't have it and they go on in life with mediocre performance.

Comment 2: Your last comment in closing shows that you did not read the article that I wished you read. You're missing the whole point. The parents actually chose to drive 40 minutes with their sick child so they could speak with a less well known physician but one who listens (the compassionate one)! While the whole article is not about that, but near the end of first page it mentions the survey. Cheers.

how am i two-faced? your so delusional! i have been on here for over a year and never had an altercation until you showed up. i reported you on your first post...your disrespectful and i hope you get banned.

Sheesh will you all relax already. Take care to read what I posted. I know you're upset and you'd love to have the last word. Take a break and let others offer fresh perspective. :)

I have offered fresh views to three people who commented critically on this thread so far.

The hopeful Romantic was here ;) !

i understand...i am relaxed he just wont stop posting stupid things to provoke me. im done with this thread and SDN! i dont need this crap frankly.

Wow, this thread is insane! You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

I had many friends from school recommend this website to me because of all the great admissions info. and PCAT advice but from what I have read thus far it is not any different than a common gaming thread!

I feel for this guy who originally posted because he is obviously not a native speaker and unprepared as well. I wish you the best of luck on your next exam!

Am I included too? :oops:

i understand...i am relaxed he just wont stop posting stupid things to provoke me. im done with this thread and SDN! i dont need this crap frankly.

Ben1988, if you respond negatively, I will lose all 'virtual' hope in you. I'm sure you know better.

Let bygones be bygones.

I'd be so proud of myself if one of you shook hand on this :thumbup: !

Hopeful Romantic

Comment: Thx for your noncombative response. Here, I think you slightly (my fault perhaps) misunderstood me. I meant the very low score back to back. There is nothing wrong with taking the test multiple times especially if someone is from a disadvantaged background. You recognize that it is possible don't you? Take the case of Dr. Ben Carson, a famed neurosurgeon who was pretty lucky to have a mom to instill some confidence into him. Many don't have it and they go on in life with mediocre performance.

Um, I was talking about the two consecutive low PCAT score (18%,24%). I meant that it would be hard to explain why they're both so low. If it was one bad one and one great one, then you could pass that on as stress, or whatever reason. But consecutive bad PCAT is extremely difficult to pass off as just another reason. EDIT: I see how you could've gotten confused by my comment, I meant by second low scored PCAT exam. Hope this clears it up.

Comment 2: Your last comment in closing shows that you did not read the article that I wished you read. You're missing the whole point. The parents actually chose to drive 40 minutes with their sick child so they could speak with a less well known physician but one who listens (the compassionate one)! While the whole article is not about that, but near the end of first page it mentions the survey. Cheers.

Was the article about compassionate and incompetent doctor (I know it's sort of an oxymoron) vs uncompassionate and competent doctor?

I'm sorry, this will be my last post tonight. I have stats lab exam tomorrow so I didn't really have the time read the whole article.

NewRx,

I was not referring to you in any way, shape or form. I have been a lurker on SDN for a week or so and this is probably the craziest thread I have ever witnessed!

I feel the original poster needs help, and the truth. However, with this being said I do not feel as though one should simply tell him he is not smart enough to be a pharmacist. The internet is a very deceiving device in that it does not allow us to accurately paint a picture of someone all of the time. Maybe this guy did bad on the verbal and comprehension sections but fair on the others? Maybe he has a 4.0 overall GPA but just freaks out on exams? We do not know anything but what he tell us so I think its harsh to say he isn't smart enough.

I agree 100% about the element of compassion being most important tool in a health care professional's arsenal though. With that being said, can we all just get along? No need to attack one another! Lets just help this guy out and be optimistic about his situation!

Ben1988, if you respond negatively, I will lose all 'virtual' hope in you. I'm sure you know better.

Let bygones be bygones.

I'd be so proud of myself if one of you shook hand on this :thumbup: !

Hopeful Romantic

I'm not going to "shake on this" but I do appreciate you being the mediator. What she's doing is insinuating that I'm a liar and that I was trolling.

Good day. I will return tomorrow to check up on this thread. :laugh:

I'm not going to "shake on this" but I do appreciate you being the mediator. What she's doing is insinuating that I'm a liar and that I was trolling.

Good day. I will return tomorrow to check up on this thread. :laugh:

Ben1988 my friend.... Unless you're running for president and there is a lot at stake, then what's the big deal. She makes a valid claim and you had your say. But why argue? I have bowed (w/o tough talk; all courteous and diplomatic) to many women here before... and I'm still fine: SDN1977, stood up for sillymarin (the P4), enamored by SpirivaSunshine's avatar (lol) etc... It's all about being humble. :laugh:

SDN should be fun!​

Hopeful Romantic
Pharmacy/MD (whichever comes first)

I think what's great about this forum is that you will get a nice mix of pessimistic and optimistic - the answer is usually somewhere in between. A very low PCAT score generally indicates a large gap in knowledge, and I don't think that applying to a non-PCAT school is the answer. These gaps need to be filled in order to have success in pharmacy school. However, I think that with enough time, these gaps can definitely be bridged! Do I think the OP can take the January exam, ace it, and get into pharmacy school Fall 2008? No. But do I think he can go back to the drawing board, study very hard, relearn the fundamentals and build up from there, and take the test 7 months from now? Yes. Other people have reported remarkable increases in their PCAT scores (I believe it's Pharmpills that has shared that he went from a 50 to a 70 to a 95), and I think if you are determined enough 7 months is enough time to learn the material.

well when i first took the pcat i had a verbal in the 20's and reading in the 30's or 20's too and a 50 composite but i kept trying and working on where i was weak on and yes this october i got a 95 with 90's in verbal, well a 70 in reading but still lol and 90's in everything else. to be honest i was planning to take it in january but obviously i wont lol. i even had 60's in chemistry section and 50's in bio so i mean u have to work on it sometimes. the classes i took helped me alot (the classes beyond pre-req like microbio, upper level anatomy and the rest) gluck to the person who originally wrote the post.

damn alot of drama here wth?

Status
Not open for further replies.